PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 John McAliskey
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: John McAliskey  (Read 5141 times)

joe

Re: John McAliskey
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2010, 02:30:40 PM »

Agree Mick,it's pathetic really. I'm not his biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination but i thought Mcalisky had a decent game yesterday and always gives his all.

RocketDan

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 06:14:36 PM »

I'm not sure what people are saying about his fitness, has he been injured? If its just 'general fitness', then I would like to think in the 4 months he has been with the club he has got fit enough to play at this level.

He holds the ball up well enough, and has a fairly good touch, but I question his work rate and distribution when laying the ball off.

Also, he doesn't look like a goal threat. 14 starts (+5 subs), 2 goals.

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2010, 12:19:34 PM »

I think the refernce to a tub of lard is a bit uncalled for.

I reckon the problem with him as far as the supporters are concerend is one of a perceived lack of attitude conveyed by his body language.

If the ball is lost he doesn't appear to be willing to put the effort in to win it back. Whether this is down to a lack of fitness only GH can confirm. He does however seem to lack pace. As Wilf McGuiness used to say 'his pace is deceptive - he's slower than he looks!'

Plus the other shortcoming is his first touch. Watching him the few times he has played, he reminds me of a saying I heard many years ago at a United v Celtic match when a Celtic supporter shouted out 'That Kenny Miller's first touch is so bad his second touch is always a tackle!!'

I did think he did  show some good touches in Saturday's performance.

So JM ? In summary I' d say a cross between Dimitar Berbatov & Kenny Miller.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2010, 12:42:39 PM »

Bang out of order.

Be critical if you wish.....afterall it's a forum.......however to resort to stupid pictures to make a point against one of our own players is pathetic

JM is worth keeping - let him have a full pre-season and take it from there. If he doesn't cut the mustard, then there are people at the club with the initials GH & KM who will know what to do.

I totally agree with you Mick.. JM needs encouragement rather than the piss taken out him, the lad himself would admit that he isnt the most mobile player in the team, however I yet again state the fact that he was playing for Witton (2 leagues lower) but a few months ago..

Lets give the lad a chance and some encouragement for what is left of this season. The Manager & his assistant will know by the start of next season whether he is worth his squad number or not

Lets keep the piss taking for the opposition...  aka Saunders, Houldsworth, any person on the pitch wearing black.. ;)

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2010, 05:13:03 PM »

Phew thought you were going to pinch one of our good players for a while then. Just kidding good luck to Macca on his move, he didn't set the world alight with us, for a big lad dosen't win much in the air and likes the ball played to him, won't see him chasing after much. All that said maybe he thought being at Witton was below him. I will watch his progress with interest and hope he raises his game to the new challenge
jukes november 09

Got it spot on i'd say
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 05:21:43 PM by ASMO »

JonnyKeen

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2010, 12:10:01 AM »

So JM ? In summary I' d say a cross between Dimitar Berbatov & Kenny Miller.

I'd say more of a cross between Moyo-Modise and Simon Overland.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 John McAliskey