News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A bit of perspective ...

Author Topic: A bit of perspective ...  (Read 2133 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
A bit of perspective ...
« on: September 21, 2007, 11:38:38 AM »

I feel crap at the moment with the way things are going on the field ... and here on the forum too.
That's not to say we've all got a right to speak our mind, I just wish the minority of critics would join the rest of those on here with constructive remarks (critical or otherwise).
If we don't, it will begin to resemble PortChat!

Whenever I feel as bad as this, I think back to some of the REAL lows I've had as an Alty fan ...

Playing a friendly at home against Morecambe of the Lancashire Combination before the kick off of the NPL, feeling Alty were great before the game and watching us  get banjoed 4-0

Trying to get my (then) girlfriend interested and spending every penny I had training it to Garston (to see us play South Liverpool) via Warrington (it seemed to take ages) on the crap trains of the day only to watch us get annihilated 6-0

Getting beaten by Phwelli (or however it's spelt) and even General Chemicals

Compared to that being in the BSP is great.

There's a hell of a long way to go this season and a couple of wins - or even a win and a couple of draws - in the next few games will make a heck of a difference.

I know you all feel crap just like I do myself but try to stay positive and keep the faith.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 11:51:00 AM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Dianne

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: A bit of perspective ...
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 12:02:23 PM »

Have a goodwin sir and I hope you are still beating the ciggies ;D

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 12:07:59 PM »

Got to admit that I had a relapse a couple of weeks ago for an evening (cadged a couple in the pub after another one of our depressing defeats!) but have been back on track since then!

It's certainly not easy being an Alty fan is it?

PS: Thanks for the Goodwin - have one yourself - we need all the positive karma we can get on here.  ::) ;)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

bighairedmike

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 04:29:46 PM »

Got to admit that I had a relapse a couple of weeks ago for an evening (cadged a couple in the pub after another one of our depressing defeats!) but have been back on track since then!

PS: Thanks for the Goodwin - have one yourself - we need all the positive karma we can get on here.  ::) ;)

How did you manage tat??? ;D

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 07:35:54 PM »

How did you manage that??? ;D

What, finding someone to cadge a cig off? It was in Saughall (Chester) not Alty! ;)

bighairedmike

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 08:23:55 PM »

Ah, i see. How silly of me. :D
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A bit of perspective ...