News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Thats all we ask...

Author Topic: Thats all we ask...  (Read 2688 times)

markecky

Thats all we ask...
« on: September 24, 2008, 08:13:35 AM »

Last night was everything most of this season hasn't been. 

We just went for them and they went "hang on..you're Alty aren't you...what the hell are you doing..we're Mansfield you know..ex league?"

There were players dying out there for the Alty shirt, every single one of them.  Don't want to name names as they all did so well but the sight of Elam flying forward and tracking back was a joy.  Stuart was immense as ever..leading by example.

I wouldn't have been bothered if they had equalised...because i got what I wanted for my £12

Effort, excitement and I actually enjoyed it.

And the support was superb and the players showed there appreciation.

joe

Re: Thats all we ask...
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 08:17:54 AM »

We just went for them and they went "hang on..you're Alty aren't you...what the hell are you doing..we're Mansfield you know..ex league?"

There were players dying out there for the Alty shirt, every single one of them.  Don't want to name names as they all did so well but the sight of Elam flying forward and tracking back was a joy.  Stuart was immense as ever..leading by example.

I wouldn't have been bothered if they had equalised...because i got what I wanted for my £12

100% spot on!

dino

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 08:56:45 AM »

well said that man

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 09:04:29 AM »

well said that man

good post and all we are asking for

Alty365

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 09:12:54 AM »

I didn't see the game although I listened to the commentary. It's quite clear from what those present have said about the game that the lads fulfilled everything that we, as fans, ask of them.

Please keep it up as we can really establish ourselves in this league if we maintain this level of commitment.

If I'm being fair, whatever people (including myself) think of GH, he deserves credit for this mini revival.

Jenga

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 10:12:18 AM »

I dont want to name names but Elam flying - oh come you just named one LMAO

Good post and I totally agree it was £12 well spent  ;D

brian1925

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 11:19:46 AM »

I know what Ecky means about the joy of watching Lee Elam. I think there were a few of us who wondered about the level of committment he'd give us when he signed on part time terms - but weirdly the manager seems to have got the best out of him and the lad seems to care about playing for Alty.

Alex

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 11:22:43 AM »

I know what Ecky means about the joy of watching Lee Elam. I think there were a few of us who wondered about the level of committment he'd give us when he signed on part time terms - but weirdly the manager seems to have got the best out of him and the lad seems to care about playing for Alty.

arn't all our players on these terms  ;)

Lew Needham

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 01:08:44 PM »

One of the many positives last night was the three upfront- Little, Senior and Elam. It reminded me of the last time we looked so threatening in this league it was in the first season when we had Pottsy, Robinson & Little upfront.

Although they lack height (altho Senior is good in the air for a little bloke) and strength their movement, control, threat and understanding easily makes up for it. If we want to score against teams and give them something to think about these three must start every game if fit.

We were getting in behind their defence for the first time this season and on the conter attack (which is so important for a team like us) we looked dangerous!!

Also a mention to the back three of Lane, Young & especailly Mcgregor who looked solid and composed. Everyone seemed to understand what they were doing!!

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 01:12:18 PM »

i have said it before on here we give teams to much respect and we should be going for the thrat right from the kick off.Sounds like this is what they did last night well done Alty and thanks for a great birthday present.
Harold

Alex

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2008, 01:17:49 PM »

also densmore had a very solid game, the way he chased down the mansfield defender in the 80 something minuet was brilliant.

Thomas H

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2008, 01:35:54 PM »

Yep got to agree

whole team was excellent.
formation worked (after an explanation to me).
They always say don't offer contracts on one game but DANYLYK was outstanding for me? (assumption he does not have one)

Elam worked his socks off.
Densmore is a little find and had a very workmanlike game and quietly got on with his job.

Lane Mcgregor and Young, were pretty solid and did waver at times but working together more will cement that.

Doughty was very efficient and worked extremely hard.

All in all a very impressive performance, and one I would like to ask when was the last time we had an all round performance to that standard?

The ball was passed when it was needed and more often than not hoofed when it was needed.

Well done the team

Longman

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2008, 07:41:56 PM »

I take it the players came over to the fans and applauded them after the whistle?

Were there any incidents between the fans and GH?

I couldn't get to the game last night you see.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Thats all we ask...