News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Manager and fans lose it, I know lets blame the stewards

Author Topic: Manager and fans lose it, I know lets blame the stewards  (Read 2275 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: September 21, 2008, 08:45:53 AM »

So the stewards did nothing once again brigade are back are they

1. People swearing why weren't they spoken too?
    Well who do we speak to first as it seemed the majority was doing this, if an individual was doing it did you report it so we could have a word with him. If you don't complain on the day you must be happy.

2. With only 14 stewards to cover the whole ground we don't get to hear everything, if you report we can talk to people but the mood of some today they just won't listen.

3. I could have ejected the fans that went on the pitch when the goal was scored who i could name them all. Due to tempers it was decided to speak to these people later.

4. Towards the end of the game the manager was getting a lot of foul mouth abuse and numerous stewards did nothing about it, pardon me for asking but I thought foul language at a game resulted in ejection?
     So we eject half the crowd i think thats impossible.

5. Most of the stewards stayed on duty longer than normal just to ensure the situation had calmed down

6. http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=5688.0

7.Stewards - you need to get a grip, the odd F word in frustration is normal but 2 minutes of foul mouthed abuse towards officials on the pitch and officials of the club is unacceptable, you need to get tough!

The unique thing about Altrincham stewards is that we all support the club as well thats why we do it for nothing it sadden me today as well some of the comments we got was not nice as we had to stay impartial.

Darren Gregory volunteer safety officier altrincham fc
@AltyDaz

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Manager and fans lose it, I know lets blame the stewards
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 08:52:45 AM »

Well said Darren a lot of emotion at the game yesterday- we forget what a tough job it is you do for free.
ParkINson's red and white army

RocketDan

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 09:00:08 AM »

after the matchi said well done to the lad in the corner where everyone got on the pitch.

that must have been the toughest day for a steward.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 09:11:17 AM »

after the matchi said well done to the lad in the corner where everyone got on the pitch.

that must have been the toughest day for a steward.

We have had some tougher but it was a case of where to deploy the man power as longer the game went on it was obvious tempers were going to flare
@AltyDaz

Alty365

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 09:23:23 AM »

What makes me laugh is if the stewards had taken stronger action people would be coming on here accusing them of being too strong-handed and overreacting.

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't Darren, but either way just ignore these people and keep up the good work.

Frazer

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 09:24:41 AM »

The stewards do an excellent job every week, keep up the good work

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 09:58:58 AM »

I think the stewards did an excellent job, as I told them after the game. I spoke to Darren during the game about something and he listened to me so that saved me getting myself in trouble.. Maybe I have found the 'correct way' to do things. .. ???

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 12:34:30 PM »

After the goal there was  a minor pitch invasion as we all know.

After this, when the fans were being ushered back onto the terracing a fan clearly threw a punch at a Steward.

I was in the vicinity, pulled the fan out of the Golf Road end, calmed him down explaining the possible implications of what he had done both in invading the pitch and throwing a punch. All was resolved, there were handshakes all round and he returned to the Golf Road Terrace.

As I made my way back toward the stand I was roundly criticised by a number of fans with one in particular saying that I was pivking on a kid with a disability and was a disgrace

So, again the stewarding staff get the rough end and I retired 15 months ago!!

James Black

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 03:06:54 PM »

Darren i completely agree and thank you for not kicking me out. Tonight yes it might get a abit firery again but by stewards letting the minor things go. Also a public apology to Pete lewis i didn't go to punch or elbow him i just went to get push him off me. But i'm sorry but for graham to do what he did your not telling me you were surprised with certain peoples reactions. So all in all well done lads and keep doing the fantastic joib you do for the club you and we love ;) ;) ;)

andrewflynn

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 05:08:40 PM »

The stewards do a top-class job, keep it up.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team