News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 bad news at Woking

Author Topic: bad news at Woking  (Read 1682 times)

Alex

bad news at Woking
« on: September 19, 2008, 12:15:16 PM »

from the beeb:

Woking owner Chris Ingram has confirmed he will end his full financial support of the club in May 2009.

He currently underwrites the club to the tune of £350,000 per year, and had planned to withdraw in 2006 but has taken his total investment to £4m.

Ingram told BBC Southern Counties Radio: "I do mean it this time. I can't carry on but neither will I let the club go into administration".

"We are looking at creative ideas, and a share-placing scheme".

Ingram also confirmed that the current credit crunch is seriously affecting their Kingfield Stadium redevelopment plans.

"Property developers and the banking sector have both been badly hit, and both have been walking backwards on this.

"I expect them to wait until the market hits the bottom and then reconsider."

Alty365

Re: bad news at Woking
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 01:05:50 PM »

Here's a radical idea:

YOU CLEARLY CAN'T AFFORD TO BE FULL TIME SO REVERT BACK TO PART TIME STATUS!

Narcissist

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 01:53:58 PM »

surely theyve seen this coming. he threatened this last year, so if he has any sense he's been preparing by cutting costs etc....

but knowing how clubs operate these days i doubt it, another agm cup final coming up this year. Hope we're clear of it this time, in the right direction.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 04:41:35 PM »

from the beeb:

Woking owner Chris Ingram has confirmed he will end his full financial support of the club in May 2009.

He currently underwrites the club to the tune of £350,000 per year, and had planned to withdraw in 2006 but has taken his total investment to £4m.

Ingram told BBC Southern Counties Radio: "I do mean it this time. I can't carry on but neither will I let the club go into administration".

"We are looking at creative ideas, and a share-placing scheme".

Ingram also confirmed that the current credit crunch is seriously affecting their Kingfield Stadium redevelopment plans.

"Property developers and the banking sector have both been badly hit, and both have been walking backwards on this.

"I expect them to wait until the market hits the bottom and then reconsider."

So that's Woking,Grays & Oxford in some form of financial distress & it's.........mid-September!!!! :o
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 bad news at Woking