News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Are we going overboard?

Author Topic: Are we going overboard?  (Read 2085 times)

Longman

Are we going overboard?
« on: September 18, 2008, 04:37:23 PM »

Right firstly I'm just asking the question here, not making any kind of point or statement,

Have we seen an over - reaction in the last few days following the Stevenage game, I was'nt there so can't comment on levels of effort or GH's behaviour etc, however we seem to have all blown up saying Graham out, the players are giving f*ck all etc just in the last few days since the Stevenage game.  At the end of the day we are still only a few games into the season, but on the flip side we have had some fairly winnable games and got very little from them.

If we go out and hammer Lewes on Saturday will we all go back to feeling positive again?

I know there are people who have wanted GH out for a while and those that don't, however the tide seems to have swung almost unaminously towards him going just over the last few days.  What i'm saying is if we get say 4 points out of our next 2 games will we calm down and the calls for Heathcote to resign stop?

Personally I always thought (even after the good form in pre season) that we would be hovering around the relegation zone again this year and any type of survival, without the help of a reprieve, is a great acheivement.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Are we going overboard?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 04:46:04 PM »

Good post.

As far as the Lewes game is concerned, I think if we don't beat them, the writing's on the wall. If we do, and get something against Mansfield, we could be on the mend (depending on the performance levels)

Having said all that, I'm not an avid 'Heathcote out' fan, but the longer we show no signs of improvement in general terms (and, particularly tactical terms) then the more we seem to be papering over the cracks as a club and the harder it will be for anyone else to do anything about the situation.

It's a conundrum.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Jenga

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 08:09:56 PM »

It's a conundrum.

Goddam - get Carol Vordaman in fast !!! 

Not sure if she is good up front but she aint bad up top  :o

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 09:34:47 AM »

It's a conundrum.

Goddam - get Carol Vordaman in fast !!! 

Not sure if she is good up front but she aint bad up top  :o

I've heard she keeps it tight at the back.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 01:29:58 PM »

Textbook going overboard I'd say.

Just out of interest, which other teams are still only two nights training a week? Presumably Barrow and Lewes at any rate. And how much will this week's extra session cost us? Presumably too much to be worth doing  it every week, or even every other week?

And indeed I will miss Carol Vorderman!

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 03:32:28 PM »

And indeed I will miss Carol Vorderman!

I'll bet she was glad to be released from your back room though ;)

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Alty365

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 04:16:14 PM »

I have no time at all for Carol Vorderman. Presumably she will now devote even more of her time to encouraging people with no money to get into even more debt.

Hate the woman!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Are we going overboard?