News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 someone shuv that flag up that liners ass

Author Topic: someone shuv that flag up that liners ass  (Read 2841 times)

James Black

« on: September 08, 2008, 12:57:04 AM »

I'm sorry i watched last ten minutes or so because we'd sold out of food. and i saw the linesmans flag on the left side go up 3 or 4 times and if i'm honest only 1 was offside if that i mean really how can you be offside when an opposition defender is on your back. Referees really aren't on our side this season Lane's farcical red against Eastbourne followed four days later by a clear hand ball to lose us the game against histon and then yesterday a liner that just loved sticking his flag up for offside. >:(

Jezza

Re: someone shuv that flag up that liners ass
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 04:11:39 AM »

Perceptive as ever James....did you miss the referee judging that 5ft colin little had wrestled the big 6ft 6 central defender off the ball?

And both is eyes were staring staring straight at the incident negating the usual one pair of eyes excuse.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 02:34:52 PM »

Listen. Us referees have only have one pair of eyes and if they don't get the best angle of the incident. They may not get it right. The refs do make mistakes. But the mistakes even themselves out over the season.
They really should be beating teams like us

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 03:29:51 PM »

I thought the referee had a reasonable gmae given the poor quality of his assistants.

Alty365

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 04:18:36 PM »

we'd sold out of food.

Given the amount of food that was available prior to kick off when I bought my coffee I think that is absolutely tremendous. All profit to the club too! Every cloud and all that.

The siting of the new snack bar immediately next to the newly refurbished turnstiles is an absolute masterstroke. I bet we used to lose so many potential customers purely because they walked into the ground on the opposite side from the snackbar (yes, people really are that lazy!). It would also be interesting to know if more people are browsing (and hopefully spending money in) the club shop now that they are entering the ground in that corner where everything is "going on" prior to the match.

YorkyAlty

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 06:56:31 PM »

we'd sold out of food.

Given the amount of food that was available prior to kick off when I bought my coffee I think that is absolutely tremendous. All profit to the club too! Every cloud and all that.

The siting of the new snack bar immediately next to the newly refurbished turnstiles is an absolute masterstroke. I bet we used to lose so many potential customers purely because they walked into the ground on the opposite side from the snackbar (yes, people really are that lazy!). It would also be interesting to know if more people are browsing (and hopefully spending money in) the club shop now that they are entering the ground in that corner where everything is "going on" prior to the match.

I spent £63 on two shirts for my kids that I brought along on Saturday and a car kit!

I must say that £2 for under 12s is a brilliant price, I travel from York and have managed 3 out of 4 home games so far and will be bringing the kids again as they are not priced out of the game, well done Alty I would have to pay £9 at York to get them in there

Dave

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 08:01:48 PM »

But what has happened to the stoppers, if they had been in place then less people would have been served, the food would have not run out and james would have missed the last 12 mins, everyone happy.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

HeyAlty

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 08:31:00 PM »

I'm sorry i watched last ten minutes or so because we'd sold out of food. and i saw the linesmans flag on the left side go up 3 or 4 times and if i'm honest only 1 was offside if that i mean really how can you be offside when an opposition defender is on your back. Referees really aren't on our side this season Lane's farcical red against Eastbourne followed four days later by a clear hand ball to lose us the game against histon and then yesterday a liner that just loved sticking his flag up for offside. >:(

Didn't you hear about that secret meeting the referees had, they said they would keep giving all decisions against alty just to annoy James Black in the 10 minutes he sees of the home games

Graham Bennetts Perm

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 05:50:43 PM »

I think this is really just an ultimately futile attempt to get the stoppers reinstated via the back door: don't be taken in by it. Stoppers out.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 05:55:16 PM »

I think this is really just an ultimately futile attempt to get the stoppers reinstated via the back door: don't be taken in by it. Stoppers out.
Thats a scandal, these stopper haters are responsible for the poor points return at the start of the season, don't be missled by their backward logic
Bernard Taylors barmy army

thegazelle

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 05:59:10 PM »

anti stopperist nonsense once again from hairdo.
this country has always had stoppers indeed it is our heritage to have stoppers

there is NO place in modern day society for your anti stopperism it is tantamount to ethnic cleansing

The Gazelle chairperson National TRUSS

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team