News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tim deasy

Author Topic: Tim deasy  (Read 2889 times)

bumble

Tim deasy
« on: May 15, 2016, 10:45:39 AM »

MESSAGE FROM TIM DEASY

The following message from Tim Deasy has been relayed to the website by Brian Flynn, Altrincham FC's joint Press & Media Officer...
"Some players have said their goodbyes when leaving the club on facebook and twitter. I don't do social media, but I wanted to say thank you to a few people who have made my time at Altrincham Football Club a very happy one.

Firstly, Ian Senior, who brought me to the club. I have known Ian for years and nearly signed on a number of previous occasions but, for a number of reasons, it didn't happen. When I signed last summer, I was quite daunted by the prospect of playing for Alty, but I was pleased with the way I settled in and very proud to win both the Supporters' and Players' Player of The Year Awards.

I have also known Stuart Coburn for a long time and he's a top lad and has been a big help to me during my year at the club. I was genuinely gutted when he made the decision to retire and tried to talk him out of it, but as you know, his mind was made up.

Alan Ainsley has been a massive help to me during my time here. At training, we would generally be the first to arrive and the last to leave as I was a regular on his treatment table. Not being a young keeper, I had quite a lot of aches, pains and strains and Al was always there to help, particularly when I suffered a tear in my thigh towards the end of the season, going over and above the call of duty with home visits and intensive treatment sessions lasting up to 90 minutes.

I really want to say a massive thank you to all the Alty fans who welcomed me to the club and gave me huge personal support during the season and that meant a lot to me. I was really gutted when I found out that I wasn't being offered terms for next season and whilst offers have already come in, I am considering retiring from football, particularly with two young daughters, Niamh (3) and baby Aria who was born on Tuesday.

Whilst I knew that I wasn't going to be the next Stuart Coburn, I did hope to stay at Alty for a number of years and whilst I'm sad that is not going to happen, I will look back at my season with the club with a lot of personal satisfaction and as one of the happiest times of my career".
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 11:12:14 AM by Jack Jolly »

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Tim deasy
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 11:50:28 AM »

Really heartfelt message from Tim, and he has paid tribute to all those who helped him as well as the fans who supported him. Nice one mate, good luck in what you decide to do and congratulations on your new arrival.

Personally, I am gutted he was not retained....I thought he was nailed on to be our keeper next season. He had a thankless task taking over from Stu, and he performed excellently.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 12:36:26 PM »

Fully agree, stepped into Stu's shoes perfectly. We were very lucky to have him on board after Stu's injury.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 12:44:07 PM »

I hope that Neil has a good keeper in mind, I would have been more than happy for Tim to stay. Good teams start at the very back - Casper Schmeicheil being a good current example.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 12:46:20 PM »

Given Tim's honesty about carrying on playing, the severity of his injury and our absences last year, I think the Manager has made a sound albeit regrettable decision. Also, his comment's on Alan Ainsworth's work, read alongside those of Tom Marshall, underline why being a plaver for our club isn't all about the £. Good luck Tim and thanks.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 12:48:15 PM by JTH »

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 04:52:14 PM »

Joe Hart?
I thought it was a nice touch by tim and am sad to see him go
Harold
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tim deasy