PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Disgraceful
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Disgraceful  (Read 13570 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Disgraceful
« on: November 12, 2016, 04:42:22 PM »

Not even left the ground.

3 at the back first half and full backs don't overlap?

Having Lawrie, Wilkinson and Miller in the team will not win you games. They can't get back.

Lawrie struggles to beat the first man on set pieces. If Wilko plays he does set pieces.

Right back number 9.

No pace in the team and lazy.

No 8 Lenighan, appears clueless and the game passed him,like most.

Paterson has energy but not good at defending. Cyrus doesn't even stand goal side of his player.

No leaders out there and hasn't been since Robbie Lawton.

Need energy in the team but Richman sits on the bench and Lenighan starts in front of him.

More than anything a team full of fannies who are not fit to wear out shirt.

I am now wasting my money.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Disgraceful
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 05:07:11 PM »

Given up. No spirit no fight, nothing. Another week, another new formation with new players. Same circus different clowns. Harvey must take the blame from now on. He's had no impact at all. Weird formation, John Cyrus captain, a full back up front? Confidence is at an all time low, and Harvey's decisions to take Lenighan off after 30 mins and play a bloody full back up top won't have helped Lenighan or Reeves. Disgraceful.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 05:12:57 PM »

And 2k home fans to witness it

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 05:16:15 PM »

Cyrus as captain ? If I was in the changing room I would be thinking if you f**k up weekly you lead . Unbelievable

Reeves on the bench signalled the intent from the off

Its hard to watch the demise unfold in front of us

Time to start planning for next season now?
ParkINson's red and white army

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2016, 05:16:46 PM »

Down and out,simple as that. Why was Reeves on the bench with a right back who hasn't played for 15 months up front??!!

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2016, 05:21:05 PM »

Obeng, maybe not his fault playing out of position, was sh*te. Leather left us because we were £50 short on his weekly wage. Should have built around a young solid defender. 35 years old, back op and even I would have done more up front than Obeng, not even joking. I would have at least put by beer belly around.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2016, 05:24:47 PM »

Whatever success and his reputation in the past it is abundantly clear that the players are not responding to Jim Harvey's methods.

Another week, another game passes us by, another clear defeat and confused set up and system. I think it was Hughesy who said it the other day we have to stare reality in the face and that is the Evostik Premier League. Maybe a younger man, who we haven't heard of but is prepared to stick it for the long term is needed. We've hit rock bottom and the road back will be long and painful.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2016, 05:25:02 PM »

Oh Doughty as assistant clearly doesn't work either. Didn't first time round.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2016, 05:26:35 PM »

Whatever success and his reputation in the past it is abundantly clear that the players are not responding to Jim Harvey's methods.

Another week, another game passes us by, another clear defeat and confused set up and system. I think it was Hughesy who said it the other day we have to stare reality in the face and that is the Evostik Premier League. Maybe a younger man, who we haven't heard of but is prepared to stick it for the long term is needed. We've hit rock bottom and the road back will be long and painful.
I really hope you are right and this is rock bottom and we don't yet have further to fall

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2016, 05:26:44 PM »

I would love and thrive such a job. Serious consideration about my badges, not that I think you need them.

GB Alty

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2016, 05:28:15 PM »

Given up. No spirit no fight, nothing. Another week, another new formation with new players. Same circus different clowns. Harvey must take the blame from now on. He's had no impact at all. Weird formation, John Cyrus captain, a full back up front? Confidence is at an all time low, and Harvey's decisions to take Lenighan off after 30 mins and play a bloody full back up top won't have helped Lenighan or Reeves. Disgraceful.
spot on

Harvey taking us backwards rather than forwards. His signings and formations have been worse than Neil Youngs. As for making Cyrus captain, for me it's a sackable offence to even play him never mind make him captain, crazy

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2016, 05:34:51 PM »

How many more managers are going to bench Reeves in favour of inferior players? Are we putting something in the managers' tea or what? f**k me, we're not going to get out of this situation by starting matches with no recognised striker on the pitch. You don't have to be Pep Guardiola to figure that one out!

Jesus wept!

Come on Alty!

arnald

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2016, 05:35:49 PM »

At least 4 good wing play today nowt on the end
No striker no one in the box

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2016, 05:50:48 PM »

whilst I agree with most of your post we have to remember 3 things.

Jim was handed a pile of turd on arrival couple that with the fact we can't compete financially with other teams in the leauge like Harrogate and then add into the mix we are on track for relegation. Attracting players into that is very very difficult

However as you say the selection today was a disgrace and his fault

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2016, 06:03:48 PM »

Is this real?

Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Disgraceful