Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 THE FA - I NEED YOUR HELP PLS - potential TV programme about the FA inadequacies

Author Topic: THE FA - I NEED YOUR HELP PLS - potential TV programme about the FA inadequacies  (Read 3183 times)

Jenga

I mentioned in another thread that I know someone who works for a production TV company (my brother in law).

I have spoken to him and he is happy to look at the FA situation with the view to making a TV programme about the FA failings.

In order to do this he will need some concrete evident to use in the TV programme. Nothing airy fairy or substantial but concrete.

I dont expect anyone on here has concrete information but I am requesting the following from you pls.

Please respond to this thread by providing links to any relevant information you might have about the FA having double standards.

PLEASE DONT TYPE ANY TEXT AS I NEED TO MAKE THIS EASY FOR HIM TO GATHER HIS IDEAS AND SEE IF THERE IS ANY MILEAGE IN GOING DEEPER WITH FOOTBALL AGENTS, SOLICITORS THE FA THEMSELVES AND THE FOOTBALL CLUBS THEMSELVES.

I therefore ask you for links to articles only - ideas could be -

BURY
SCARBOROUGH
CRAWLEY
ALTRINCHAM
ACRRINGTON STANLEY
WEST HAM
other clubs you know of - preferably in the higher leagues as this will gain more interest.

Jenga

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk

I have spoke to an Altrincham FC Director tonight and they have wrote a letter to the FA with various questions asked.

I will not let this settle.

Jenga

thank you.

Any more articles I can provide him with pls, the more ammunition the more likely he will cover this issue.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

I mentioned in another thread that I know someone who works for a production TV company (my brother in law).

I have spoken to him and he is happy to look at the FA situation with the view to making a TV programme about the FA failings.

In order to do this he will need some concrete evident to use in the TV programme. Nothing airy fairy or substantial but concrete.

I dont expect anyone on here has concrete information but I am requesting the following from you pls.

Please respond to this thread by providing links to any relevant information you might have about the FA having double standards.

PLEASE DONT TYPE ANY TEXT AS I NEED TO MAKE THIS EASY FOR HIM TO GATHER HIS IDEAS AND SEE IF THERE IS ANY MILEAGE IN GOING DEEPER WITH FOOTBALL AGENTS, SOLICITORS THE FA THEMSELVES AND THE FOOTBALL CLUBS THEMSELVES.

I therefore ask you for links to articles only - ideas could be -

BURY
SCARBOROUGH
CRAWLEY
ALTRINCHAM
ACRRINGTON STANLEY
WEST HAM
other clubs you know of - preferably in the higher leagues as this will gain more interest.

Jenga

The FA weren't involved in the Accrington decision.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 12:32:04 AM by Jimmy Hill »
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Jenga

teasybeaver

Do you want the e-mail address for the FA that Mr Moules has provided me?

I will PM it to you until i have GW's approval to post it on here.

Jenga

as much info as possible please.

Need details for this project to work.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk

I did say I would not publish FA email address so think its best to just PM anyone who wants it.  I think this is only fair seeing as Mr Moules has been so helpful thus far.

Gary.

teasybeaver

I agree.

As much as I would like to hope people would be sensible, with the teasers inc. back on the scene absolute bedlam could arise!

I must admit, Mr Moules was quick and polite in his reply and had no restrictions for use of said e-mail address. Maybe our plight last season had more impact on people than we imagined!

Silkyman23

A few Macc fans are also very annoyed at this. (And not just because Accy losing points would help us stay up)

Accy were fined £12,000 (£6,000 suspended) for an 'administrative error'.

Last season Macc were fined two lots of £10,000 for minor bookkeeping errors which the club itself brought to the attention of the FA.

We were also fined £65,000 for a difference of opinion as to what constitutes sponsorship and ordered to repay £195,000.

We were given the chance to appeal but allegedly strongly hinted at that any appeal would just see them adding to the costs we had to pay, possibly increasing the fines and the only people we could appeal to were the same people who dished out the initial punishment. Oh and  they wouldn't change their mind. (i.e. a pointless 'right to a appeal'. You might as well appeal against gravity.)

Not ONE penny of our £85,000 of fines was suspended

Despite the FA taking two and a half years to find anything wrong, they gave us only six weeks to repay roughly 35% of our annual turnover and it took us selling our star player on the cheap and essentially throwing the season on the scrapheap (we were four points off the play-offs at one point in January and eventually only stayed up on the last game of the season) to convince them to give us a realistic timeframe to pay up.

The FA demanded that every aspect of the fine and hearing was kept entirely confidential so the fans were completely out of the loop at all times.

They were unnaccountable to anyone other than themselves.

But Macc, like Alty, don't get the same PR and Accrington and AFC Wimbledon.

teasybeaver

Still gutted you didnt get relegated to be honest!

Although there is now a large part of me that would rather see Accy come down than you, now that really is serious.
 :o

Red N White Dynamite

there is now a large part of me that would rather see Accy come down than you

Was saying exactly the same thing to my Dad the other night. Part of me couldn't believe I was saying it but Eric Whalley and his tacky little club deserve to drop from the league and further.

Silkyman23

Still gutted you didnt get relegated to be honest!

Although there is now a large part of me that would rather see Accy come down than you, now that really is serious.
 :o

We're not quite safe yet.

But we'll be fine. Especially if we can get six points from Wrexham and Boston this weekend. We've got to go to Accrington as well.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 THE FA - I NEED YOUR HELP PLS - potential TV programme about the FA inadequacies