News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Intersting Trailists

Author Topic: Intersting Trailists  (Read 3000 times)

Jenga

Intersting Trailists
« on: July 13, 2009, 12:24:44 PM »

I am intregued to read the history behind some of the trialist we had out on Satruday at Abbey Hey.

With the comment made by GH that due to the collapse of Setanta  he will probably have to look for kids to bolster the playing staff.

These trialists (at least some of them) are certainly not kids but look to have a good pedigree.

Coupled with the signing of Matty Crowell have we had an injection of income or it is just shrewd negotiations?

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Intersting Trailists
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 01:50:36 PM »

a number have connections with TNS again curious
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 01:08:59 AM »

These trialists (at least some of them) are certainly not kids but look to have a good pedigree.

I would say the fact they are even scrabbling about for a trial suggests that they don't have as much 'pedigree' as you'd think.

Jenga

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 08:46:40 AM »

I would say the fact they are even scrabbling about for a trial suggests that they don't have as much 'pedigree' as you'd think.

Possibly, but what about Dale Johnson, wasnt he scabbling around for a trial last year or did he have history before coming to us?

I just hope that whoever we bring in are equal to if not better than the players who have departed, and that may be difficult. If they are not as good lets hope that the other teams in the league step back more than us.

joe

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 08:50:51 AM »

I think they'll be alot of decent players 'scrabbling about for a trial' this summer in the present financial climate

fuertes

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 10:57:39 AM »

I think they'll be alot of decent players 'scrabbling about for a trial' this summer in the present financial climate

^ This^

Just look at the lads we released. Joe O'Neill was our player of the year a while back, no doubt in my mind he's a decent squad player, but we let him go because we can't afford to keep him and bring in important new signings to freshen things up (like Crowell).

Does no harm to have a look at these guys...

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 01:37:16 PM »

Apparently Paul McManus was held in high esteem at Chester by the supporters and was only released when the club needed to raise money quickly.
He also has silverware to his name, having won a cup competition whilst at Bangor.
I think he would be a great addition to the squad.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 05:29:25 PM »

Apparently Paul McManus was held in high esteem at Chester by the supporters and was only released when the club needed to raise money quickly.
He also has silverware to his name, having won a cup competition whilst at Bangor.
I think he would be a great addition to the squad.

Yes they've been bemoaning his loss on Devachat
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

baldrick

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 01:01:41 PM »

Trialists rarely become regular first team players. Most of them turn up in a where are they now quiz years later playing for a team nobody has ever heard of in the Branston pickle west midlands league division nine.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Intersting Trailists