News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 mcnulty at barrow

Author Topic: mcnulty at barrow  (Read 2421 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
mcnulty at barrow
« on: June 02, 2009, 07:44:33 PM »

wants to stay part time and has left them i know we are ok at centre back but a quality player and maybe worth a look at ?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: mcnulty at barrow
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 08:04:44 PM »

after looking more in to it he may cost a fee  as on contract. so prob a non starter

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 10:58:47 AM »

Seems to me that his contract should be null and void if the club are changing its terms halfway through. Presumably he signed on the basis of p/t football and a set no of training nights a week, saying 'I'd like to stick to that please' is hardly holding Barrow to ransom is it? Assuming there is no contractual basis to allow Barrow to do what they propose not allowing the player to look for another club unfettered would be a constraint of trade and therefore very naughty.

Bob Crowe anyone?

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 05:37:20 PM »

Seems to me that his contract should be null and void if the club are changing its terms halfway through. Presumably he signed on the basis of p/t football and a set no of training nights a week, saying 'I'd like to stick to that please' is hardly holding Barrow to ransom is it? Assuming there is no contractual basis to allow Barrow to do what they propose not allowing the player to look for another club unfettered would be a constraint of trade and therefore very naughty.

Bob Crowe anyone?

I think you might be missing the point. Clubs don't wait until contracts have expired - then offer a new one. If a player signs a 2/3 year deal, most clubs then re-negotiate during the last year of the contract. Could you imagine Man Utd or Liverpool etc letting there players contracts expire before offering new ones, they'd be bricking it.

This is where players are often 'cast off' or sent out on loan when they don't accept a new deal, it seems to me Barrow think he's worth a few bob hence them offering a new contract. He'll end up seeing his contract out and moving on.

Aussie Bob

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 07:18:06 AM »

I think hes got his head screwed on right not agreeing to play full time football and losing cash from dropping his job....he on a good wicket hes getting full time wage plus part time football salary. Its a recession why drop your job ? , one bad injury and he could be out of football full stop....
Fleetwood seem cashed up at the moment ..wouldnt be surprised if they jumped in for him.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 08:02:06 AM »

I think hes got his head screwed on right not agreeing to play full time football and losing cash from dropping his job....he on a good wicket hes getting full time wage plus part time football salary. Its a recession why drop your job ? , one bad injury and he could be out of football full stop....
Fleetwood seem cashed up at the moment ..wouldnt be surprised if they jumped in for him.

That's an understatement :)

bighairedmike

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 12:44:41 AM »

Apparently made a five figure bid according to Monsieur Laidler
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 mcnulty at barrow