PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Good or bad news?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Good or bad news?  (Read 4154 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 07:36:34 PM by Darren »
@AltyDaz

baldrick

Re: Good or bad news?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 07:23:39 PM »

FC United will play any home FA Cup games and FA Trophy games at Gigg Lane next season and not at Altrincham as previously announced.

The FA had advised that playing these matches away from Gigg Lane was permissible but The FA has since informed us that we had been wrongly advised by a member of staff in the competitions department.

29-05-2008 at 15:16

Longman

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 08:16:59 PM »

Bad news if you ask me, I know there is some bad feeling towards FCUM after what happened, however that's vital revenue for a club like us.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 08:21:59 PM »

Bad news if you ask me, I know there is some bad feeling towards FCUM after what happened, however that's vital revenue for a club like us.

But there was never a guarantee that any revenue would come Alty's way, as FCUM might not get a home draw in either competition prior to being knocked out.

Personally, I welcome this news.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

markecky

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 08:35:25 PM »

The lost revenue is a blow (if it happened) but it takes us a little further away from the the takeover of our club, in my opinion, that the permanent share would cause.

Altyant

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 09:21:46 PM »

I agree that the loss of any potential revenue is a blow as they could have gone on cup runs and been drawn at 'home' in all the rounds. However as mentioned above it does keep them that bit futher away

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 09:43:01 PM »

Bad news. I promised an FC supporting friend I'd watch their cup game if they were drawn at home, now it's going to take up a whole day to get there.

baldrick

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 10:14:43 PM »

This puts Bury in a very strong bargaining position because they can charge whatever they want. FCUM have to pay up or play every cup game away.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 11:12:21 PM »

This puts Bury in a very strong bargaining position because they can charge whatever they want. FCUM have to pay up or play every cup game away.

I was tempted to say that they could always concentrate on getting their own ground.

But a thought just struck me that at the rate they are going up through the leagues and with the ground regulations as they are it's going to cost one heck of a lot of cash to build their own ground from scratch to meet all the regulations and criteria - particularly given where they are hoping to get to.

It would be a lot cheaper for them to get access to an already-established ground which met all the criteria and Bury does that ...

But then again, so does ML ....................
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 12:09:32 PM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 02:22:42 AM »

Spot on as always Saughall, any newly formed club tends to just need a fenced off pitch and a set of changing rooms, but they as you say are moving forward rapidly, so need facilities for both gradings and fanbase that will cost millions.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Narcissist

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 07:32:33 AM »

Good news.

We know that we can manage easily without the revenue. We should still be in a good enough position financially to stay up this season and there's plenty of other ways to generate the income.

Its simple, I would rather hear "Dont FCUM play at Bury's old ground" than "Dont FCUM play at the old alty stadium".

Im not saying that they would put us out of business, just that some people could forget about the team who actually play at the ground.

Jezza

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 11:53:00 AM »

Brilliant news for me.

Lets make our own income from a cup run to the 5th round at Old Trafford!!!

Unless fcum have a long run with squilions of home matches but we can't budget for that can we?

Jenga

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2008, 09:14:56 PM »

It is simple we were clearly used until they could secure Burys ground - screw them I say.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2008, 11:58:13 PM »

It is simple we were clearly used until they could secure Burys ground - screw them I say.

I have my own views on the whole FCUM playing at Moss Lane issue which I would prefer to keep to myself.......however to say that this was a deliberate tactic by FCUM is bizarre to say the least.

The ruling on where they (or anyone else) can or cannot play in an FA Competition lies (unless there are safety issues which is unlikely in this event) with the FA who have made them revert to Bury.

Jenga

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2008, 04:26:12 PM »

I have my own views on the whole FCUM playing at Moss Lane issue which I would prefer to keep to myself.......however to say that this was a deliberate tactic by FCUM is bizarre to say the least.

The ruling on where they (or anyone else) can or cannot play in an FA Competition lies (unless there are safety issues which is unlikely in this event) with the FA who have made them revert to Bury.

Bizzare?  Screw them anyway !!!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Good or bad news?