PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 From the Salisbury Forum...
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: From the Salisbury Forum...  (Read 5797 times)

markecky

« on: October 07, 2008, 10:50:55 PM »

"the only thing that made me laugh a bit tonight was that they played against 10 men early on and 9 for the last 30 odd minutes. when they scored their 2nd goal you would have thought they had won the lottery the way they were leaping about."

Sorry about that...we should have all shook hands and gone back to the centre spot.

"1-0 to the Salisbury boys...1-0 to the..."

ROBINs

Re: From the Salisbury Forum...
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 10:55:13 PM »

:D There is nothing like grapes of the sour variety is there!

Daz75

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 11:09:58 PM »

Firstly well done to all your fans or making the journey down,i hope we looked after you !! Now can anyone tell me why we had 2 sent off ??? The ref asked the linesman about the first one and the linesman replied " I didn't see anything" so how does the ref show a red for something he asked the linesman about then to be told that ??? The second just makes the whole game into a circus,your guy kicks the ball into the back of Sandel while he was walking away from the ball (which the ref also didn't see),even your keeper seemed to be on our side telling the ref what had happened, then gives a second yellow ?? Maybe the next game will actually be a fair one cos that was one complete joke !!
I'm sure you who are real football fans will agree that it was a farce !! I also lost count the amount of corners you should of had when he gave us a goal kick !!!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 11:17:31 PM »

To be fair, any game where a team is don to 10 after 15 mins and 9 after an hour is not going to have proper analysis because it's a bit of a farce of a game isn't it. Just have to take the rough with the smooth in this league though.

I still think fans who travel 188 miles on a Tuesday night to watch their team, which is generally in a relegation fight and has only won 11 out of 76 away games since returning to the conference, should be able to celebrate as if they've won the World CUp when the game clinching goal comes at the end of the match. Perhaps after last season they thought that you'd snatch a late equaliaser.

And had that second goal not gone in you would have!!

Longman

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 11:26:49 PM »

Does anyone know why Dale Johnson was booked immediately after his goal?  Was it for over - celebrating?

If so what did he do?  Take off his clothes and dive into the stand?  ;D

Daz75

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 11:36:18 PM »

I haven't got a problem with anyone celebrating,but the fact is there is no way in the world either of our players should of been sent off !! If we handled it in the area or took someones legs out then yes you have to look at a red card but having actaully heard what the linesman told the ref in the first farce well no one stands a chance if you get that ref and he has something against you,i actaully thought i was gonna see him on your coach !!!!
None of this is aimed at you guys as fans though,just the ref and your number 2 !!!! Don't think anyone can ask questions about Dale Jonson being booked after what we had to put up with !! Anyway,well done to the travelling fans !!I hope you don't finish too far below us at the end of the season !!

thegazelle

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 11:50:22 PM »

wasnt there but that last post was by a bitter and twisted 16 year old ignore it .

the gazelle....................... not been this happy since graham bennett had a haircut and stoppers were the in thing

markecky

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 11:54:22 PM »

I am sat at home with "Nothings Gonna Stoppers Now"  on full blast

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 12:13:40 AM »

i have no idea whether daz75 is 10, 12, 30 or 75
he makes no sense. it all goes wrong sometimes mate, you just have to accept it and move on.
thats what my girlfriends always told me anyway.

just in from pissing it up and watching a couple of bands (absentee if you're interested) switched on the computer and jumped about the front room.
mrs.jimfromlondon thinks theres a burglar
i'm up for the oxford game so i suppose thats where it comes to a shuddering halt

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 12:15:03 AM »

Or 33 year old.

My response wasn't at you Daz, it was with regards to the comment that was initially pointed out.

I'm sure the ref was completely random, it is the conference after all. God only knows what he and his linesman said to each other, I wasn't there but they probably discussed something else entirely.

These things happen, we had a game once where we were leading by one goal and wanted to put on a big centre half to head away any balls lumped into our box, but guess what the electronic board wouldn't work and rather than use his common sense and let us put the sub on he wouldn't let us. Can you believe that, seriously?

Incredible. And guess what, the other team equalised, with a header from a ball lumped into our box which our central defender substitute coulda/woulda/shoulda headed away. Honestly, you should have been there Daz.

Swings and roundabouts. I know how you feel, random conference refs eh?

thegazelle

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 12:38:30 AM »

I am sat at home with "Nothings Gonna Stoppers Now"  on full blast

pure class ecky, pure class

aggodwin a day for a month from me for that one

we're so good its unbelievable, heathcote is god  there is no credit crunch and the supermarkets have stopped selling cheap beer and people can smoke in pubs oh i thi nk i got carried away

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 01:44:52 AM »

I haven't got a problem with anyone celebrating,but the fact is there is no way in the world either of our players should of been sent off !! If we handled it in the area or took someones legs out then yes you have to look at a red card but having actaully heard what the linesman told the ref in the first farce well no one stands a chance if you get that ref and he has something against you,i actaully thought i was gonna see him on your coach !!!!
None of this is aimed at you guys as fans though,just the ref and your number 2 !!!! Don't think anyone can ask questions about Dale Jonson being booked after what we had to put up with !! Anyway,well done to the travelling fans !!I hope you don't finish too far below us at the end of the season !!
To be honest, since both incidents were up at your end there wasn't a lot we could see to judge whether they were justified sendings off or not - although one person in our end did say it was a "bloody good tackle" before the ref got his red card out for the first sending off! The two cards transformed the game and turned it into farce in the end. Can't say either side shone before the sendings off although you guys held on well with only 10 and then 9 men and your goal was probably justified. Strangely I think we struggled to adjust our formation to suit our numerical superiority and it was only late on that we really pushed the advantage.

As for the trip, it was impressed by the ground and by your supporters. Although there were only 950 there it looked well packed in on two sides and there was some good noise coming from behind your goal with the low roof helping things. That half time announcer was a bit dodgy though!

All in all a good trip. We'll happily take the three points - and wish you well and better luck for the rest of the season. Hope your financial troubles get sorted too.
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

James Black

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2008, 03:24:06 AM »

Does anyone know why Dale Johnson was booked immediately after his goal?  Was it for over - celebrating?

If so what did he do?  Take off his clothes and dive into the stand?  ;D
[/quo

went off pitch to celebrate with us i'm sure dale would take that yellow any game Pleased you broke your duck dale

dopamine

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2008, 07:40:10 AM »

i have no idea whether daz75 is 10, 12, 30 or 75
he makes no sense. it all goes wrong sometimes mate, you just have to accept it and move on.
thats what my girlfriends always told me anyway.

just in from pissing it up and watching a couple of bands (absentee if you're interested) switched on the computer and jumped about the front room.
mrs.jimfromlondon- you're jiminlondon... thinks theres a burglar
i'm up for the oxford game so i suppose thats where it comes to a shuddering halt

I'm suspicious of an affair here...  ;) ;D

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2008, 09:07:07 AM »

Firstly well done to all your fans or making the journey down,i hope we looked after you !! Now can anyone tell me why we had 2 sent off ??? The ref asked the linesman about the first one and the linesman replied " I didn't see anything" so how does the ref show a red for something he asked the linesman about then to be told that ??? The second just makes the whole game into a circus,your guy kicks the ball into the back of Sandel while he was walking away from the ball (which the ref also didn't see),even your keeper seemed to be on our side telling the ref what had happened, then gives a second yellow ?? Maybe the next game will actually be a fair one cos that was one complete joke !!
I'm sure you who are real football fans will agree that it was a farce !! I also lost count the amount of corners you should of had when he gave us a goal kick !!!

As far as I can see, two referees each sent off a player! That must be a first in itself.

Nevertheless, you'll just have to get used to it and move on like we've had to do many times in the past.

These things happen with much greater frequency than us winning 3-1 away.  8) ;)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team