PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 RUBBISH
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: RUBBISH  (Read 7130 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
RUBBISH
« on: August 25, 2007, 05:09:26 PM »

Grays did not even look a good team, yet again we start with a defensive team and YET again we wait until it is too late to change the team. Joe ONeil is a waste of bloody time,he gets bullied every week, lets start with Senior or Thornley, they are by far better players than Joe and they would gurantee more goals. Joe does not even make clever runs, painful to watch him. Also lets play Pottsy, can not remember when Lawton last played well, think it was Northwich at home. No excuse we were crap and should have attacked that very poor Gray's defence. Graham please gamble with an attacking team, especially at home otherwise we have no chance. We have to beat teams at home and we play and defend a lot better playing attacking football. Well played Lane ( quality defender ), Peyton and Acton today.

Team at home

GK Coburn

RB Lane
LB Peyton
CB Munroe
CB Rose ( need another centre back )

RM Pottsy
CM Whalley
CM Val
LW Senior/Peyton

FW Little
FW Thornley/Senior

Altysmiffy

Re: RUBBISH
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 05:20:09 PM »

A couple of good points:

ultimately we do need another left back - Rosie's a centre half
Lawton is better centre mid
O'Neill cannot have won fan's player of the year without being decent - maybe he is better behind a front 2.
When Colin doesn't score, Alty don't - maybe time for Matty Berkely, Rodders and Thornley to be given more of a chance (then there was a forward on trial and the former Curzon chap).
Were sedge & Stu unavailable today?
We have a better squad than last term - give them time.
ABOVE ALL - WE NEED MONEY & PEOPLE WHO WANT TO PLAY PART TIME. 'COTE CANNOT BE FAULTED IF WE HAVE NEITHER.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 05:24:42 PM »

Would have to completely agree. We were woeful from start to finish and I can't believe that yet again we have to wait until the last 15 minutes until Graham brings on attacking subs. I think he's lost the plot and his insistence in playing Aspinall when Peyton could have dropped back and have Senior/Rod come on the wing, is beyond comprehension.I agree also that Lawton looks lost, although their full back (Cooksey?) looked class and won everything. Val had a disappointing game too and didn't win much in midfield.

Colin was unlucky to get sent off, especially when the other guy didn't even get a booking (his push was worse than Little's push against the Vics last season which resulted in a red card).

Again, why oh why weren't subs brought on earlier?? It was evident after the first half that weren't getting anywhere. We know we've got no money, blah, blah *yawn* but we *do* have attacking players stuck on the bench (Potts, Senior, Rod, plus Berkeley who wasn't even there today). How does Graham think we will win matches by playing so defensively at home? Oh that's right, in the last 5 minutes when he decides to make a change.

Pathetic.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 05:28:45 PM by CB »

markecky

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 05:28:01 PM »

"ABOVE ALL - WE NEED MONEY & PEOPLE WHO WANT TO PLAY PART TIME. 'COTE CANNOT BE FAULTED IF WE HAVE NEITHER"

Being part time, having money has nothing at all to do with today.  Today was not about fitness.

Disagree with the Joe O'neil comment but the rest of it is  right.

Shut up shop and try and nick it away by all means.

We have to win home games.  We will never win a thing with Robbie Lawton on the right.  He is an average player in the centre but when he gets to the byeline you know the final ball will be Unibond.

Lets at least lose trying to win.

And Little deserved to be sent off. Complete petulance.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 05:29:48 PM by markecky »

Jenga

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 05:42:12 PM »

Absolute crap is all  I can say.

Agree about Peyton at left back and senior or thornley on the left wing - i do think GH has lost it and is pannicking.

Time for changes I feel but what changes I have no idea - well I do have one idea but will keep that to myself.

andyc

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 05:44:51 PM »

Very poor today. Lawton cannot play on the wing, middle or drop him. No pace or strength up front. We need a big strong target man for Little or Senior to play off. O'Neill is a good player but too lightweight and too slow. He needs to play behind a front two. Not looking good at the moment. Loan signings ahead I think.    

altyf

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 06:16:39 PM »

maybe time for Matty Berkely, Rodders and Thornley to be given more of a chance
Totally agree, we are just so poor attacking i cant believe weve scored 4 goals in 4 games because weve just not had enough shots...however I belive Rodders and Thornley are the same!

Bath Alty

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 06:44:56 PM »

Can't even take comfort from a high attendence (he says safely from 150 miles away) -807 on BBC.

Victory on monday will make it all feel better, anything else and it will start looking grim already.

COME ON ALTY

PartyTownRobin

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 07:35:24 PM »

was a disapointing game really.
o neill was stuggling without a doubt though i thought he gave 100%.

thought we had a lot of the ball just didnt go anything with it at all.

Altysmiffy

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2007, 07:46:55 PM »

maybe time for Matty Berkely, Rodders and Thornley to be given more of a chance
however I belive Rodders and Thornley are the same!

Ah! Good point! I think I meast Senior!

Altysmiffy

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2007, 07:47:54 PM »

- well I do have one idea but will keep that to myself.

Go on! Enlighten us!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2007, 07:53:43 PM »

I agree that the game today was poor, but both teams were, although grays were just edging it. We again did not defend crosses well. If it was not for Acton it could have been 5-0.

Plusses today were Acton, lane and peyton.

Heads up for Monday and hope the lads can keep there legs going.

PS Graham is keeping it tight hoping to nick games.

radcliffe alty

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2007, 08:24:12 PM »

Heathcote clearly does not have the balls to drop Lawton, O Neill or Little. All have been utter sh*te since the start of the season. Lawton has done nothing to justify his place in the team for a long time. Play him in the middle or drop him - its obvious to EVERYONE except the man who picks the team. Whalley offers f**k all. Drop him and make him force his way into the team.

Are we going to miss Little for 3 games? I don't think so - doesn't look interested and his sending off was an example of someone who has given up the ghost. For f**ks sake get Senior or Rod in. O Neil simply not good enough. I can understand getting beaten by better teams but NO ONE was chasing, harrassing, looking even slightly arsed about trying to get a result today. Defence dreadful and yet again gifted a simple goal for Grays. Whatever 'problems' were being ironed out in training clearly haven't. Waste of f**king time the lot of them. Resting on their laurels with the pay rise this season?

GH must be frustrated at the ineptitude, but equally as worrying is his apparent lack of any ideas about how and when to change things. You do not leave it till 80 mins to bring attacking subs on to chase a game at home. This happened last season. This team is worst than last season's despite what anyone says. Unless things change soon we'll be seeing plently more home gates with 700 home fans.

SIMPLY NOT ACCEPTABLE.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2007, 08:25:12 PM »

I agree with the above critiscism however for me its seemed more about the players not showing any sort of HEART today; an incredibly poor game with two poor teams which we were the worse by some distance.

Cut me and i will bleed Altrincham but that today was totaly unacceptable , i want to swear but i wont.

We need to get sorted very quickly, because if we continue to play like that we will very quickly become whipping boys.
Come on you red and white........

louise1925

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2007, 08:25:54 PM »

Agree with most of the above. Colin Little should hang his head in shame for the sending off. Changes needed now before it's too late. Is it just me, or is the Tinson/Munroe partnership not working. Well done to Acton and Lane, who were massively overworked today. For Stafford,
Acton, Lane, Scott, Tinson, Rose, Val, Whalley, Potts, Sedgemore (if fit) Senior, Thornley
Subs: Coo, Berkely, Peyton, Munroe, Coburn (if fit)
Joe and Robbie need a rest. Azza not good enough.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 RUBBISH