News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Robbie Lawton

Author Topic: Robbie Lawton  (Read 2326 times)

tinnyalty

Robbie Lawton
« on: August 12, 2007, 10:45:53 AM »

Any thoughts on how Lawton played yesterday  ???, i personally was very disappointed with him in the 2nd half...he lack the vision to run down the wing taking on the on the fullback there was lots of space down the line since there fullback appeared out of position a few times. I'm afraid this is a big part of Robbie's game running down the wing and attacking the box...but he lacked passion to do this relying to much on a simple pass to Lane and attempting to walk the ball into the box. Then Potts came on he switched to the centre booked 'looked out of sorts' against the exeter midfield..very suprised he did not get booked in the second due to his consistent mauling of the player on the ball.

I hope that in the next couple of games he drives the ball down the touchline and attacks the box rather than running across the pitch at 45 degrees to the opposite corner flag which he seemed to do a lot last season. Dont get me wrong i aint trying to put Robbie down  :o, but has got some great qualities but i found in the game yesterday that he was out of his depth.  :-[.

What ya think ??  ;)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Robbie Lawton
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 10:58:15 AM »

FGRrrrrrrrrrrrr

>:(

You're spot on. This was a part of peoples frustrations yesterday. Robbie craft wise is not a conference standard right sided midfielder, some great qualities but possession wise not there. There was a feeling yesterday that when you have the ball you have to have quality with it, otherwise eventually you'll pay for it. We did, even though the defence was superb. I don't know, I'm still hungover so I'll probably leave my comments here, I'm happy to discuss it face to face but I'm just looking forward to Tuesday now really.

:-X
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 11:02:50 AM by Ballers »

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 11:06:13 AM »

I like Robbie, srong and powerfull.

In preseason and yesterday he looked lacking in Passion. Hopefully he will charge down the wing in future games.

altyf

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 11:14:19 AM »

Pottsy came on when we'd already lost the game so I'm not going to compare him and Robbie yet, but the point is, we need robbie, hes got great fitness and passion and if we ever need someone to come in for whaleley sedge or val in the midfield hes the perfect man to bring in...whalley and sedge in my opinion would be disastrous as centre mid combination and when vals suspended or injured we need robbie.

tinnyalty

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 11:27:08 AM »

Pottsy came on when we'd already lost the game so I'm not going to compare him and Robbie yet, but the point is, we need robbie, hes got great fitness and passion and if we ever need someone to come in for whaleley sedge or val in the midfield hes the perfect man to bring in...whalley and sedge in my opinion would be disastrous as centre mid combination and when vals suspended or injured we need robbie.

totally agreed  ;) but i think you need more than passion and fitness at this level what will them two qualities get you as in yesterday's game !!??

Whalley and sedge are a different class to robbie and that showed yesterday...did you see whalley's passes to little ?? and how he calmed the game down at times and redistributed the play via assa. etc.  not too sure any comments about sedge  :D

All the same see ballers comments re lawton to the point  :)

altyf

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 11:34:23 AM »

No, I agree that Whalley and Sedge looked good, but not as a centre mid combination, we need either robbie or val in there to win the battles!

ALTY543

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 11:53:38 AM »

WHALLEY NEEDS TO PLAY CENTRE WITH VAL WHO CAN DO MORE WORK THAN ANY ONE ELSE .SEDGE PLAY LEFT BACK????.HE CONTRIBUTES NEXT TO NOTHING GOIN FORWARD .AND ROBBIE NEEDS TO UP HIS GAME BECAUSE HE HAS NOT BEEN THE SAME PLAYER SINCE LAST DECEMBER..SURELY YOU WANT YOUR MOST CREATIVE PLAYERS ON THE BALL IN AREAS WHERE THEY CAN CAUSE OPPONENTS PROBLEMS.ITS ALL ABOUT OPINIONS?1ST HALF WAS ENCOURAGING.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 11:59:00 AM »

I completely forgot Lawton was playing in the first half. Ok, he was on the opposite side of the pitch, but I noticed Little was on the wing more often than Lawton :( As I stand on the Popular Side I noticed in the 2nd half especially that he *never* took anyone on. We were pleading with him to at least try and run at the full back (even if he decided to play it back), but he always kept cutting inside. It was bizarre! After Pottsy came on, I don't think Lawton knew where he was playing as they basically kept bumping into each other. Unless he changes his style of play, I would consider dropping him in favour of Pottsy.

Sedgemore would be wasted at left back. He offers something different to Val's combative, tackling style. Give him a few more games to settle in. Him and Whalley are class.

Bear Town Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 12:34:03 PM »

Perhaps it doesn't help when you've got Dennis shouting "Bowler" at him as he was yesterday. He definitely knows his name as I heard him balling at him in preseason too!

Sometimes I wish he'd just shut up or at least keep it constructive! >:(

ALTY543

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2007, 12:45:23 PM »

I ENJOY READING PEOPLES OPINIONS AND THOUGHTS ON HERE AFTER GAMES AND ALTHOUGH MANY ARE ALOT DIFFERENT THAN MINE ITS WHAT FOOTBALL IS ALL ABOUT.GH WILL IN THE END GAUGE HIS BEST 11 AND WHAT POSITIONS THEY ARE BEST SUITED IN.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Robbie Lawton