News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fans Forum

Author Topic: Fans Forum  (Read 2568 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Fans Forum
« on: April 16, 2016, 08:57:54 AM »

I always enjoy the fans forums, and also often contribute my own twopenny worth on a regular basis.

As I am not available later Saturday evening can I please appeal to the club not to bury it into much later into the evening, and instead to hold it after the game.

There are many important items to discuss,  but a lot of fans myself included, will not be able to commit to later that evening.

I feel the club may miss out on a lot of the discussions if it is ran later in the evening. All our fans will be there after the game and you should then get a good attendance for what I think is a must-attend. Holding it later into the game on a Saturday night will affect the support of the fans forum.

bighairedmike

Re: Fans Forum
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 10:37:45 AM »

That's the idea.

taxi Phil

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 10:57:42 AM »

I always enjoy the fans forums, and also often contribute my own twopenny worth on a regular basis.

As I am not available later Saturday evening can I please appeal to the club not to bury it into much later into the evening, and instead to hold it after the game.

There are many important items to discuss,  but a lot of fans myself included, will not be able to commit to later that evening.

I feel the club may miss out on a lot of the discussions if it is ran later in the evening. All our fans will be there after the game and you should then get a good attendance for what I think is a must-attend. Holding it later into the game on a Saturday night will affect the support of the fans forum.

Your grasp of internal politics has let you down Steve. If they held it at 5.30 it would run for hours and become quite vitriolic. This way they can not only reduce the audience, but also cut it short to continue the race night. I'm afraid I've already voted with my feet for an Alexit.

brian1925

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 11:30:02 AM »

To be perfectly honest, from whichever view point you adopt, this fans forum should probably just be cancelled. We're likely just to have been relegated and so it'll either become a slanging match, or get brushed under the carpet. Can't see it being constructive at all unfortunately.

andrewflynn

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 12:32:05 PM »

Just because lots of fans have negative opinions it doesn't mean they'll just hurl abuse.

People have genuine concerns and want to answers to questions that won't be asked otherwise. It's not like journalists are queuing up to run stories on us. I think those people understand that they won't be getting those answers if they lower themselves to vitriol.

If that's the date it's going to be, then the least they can do is hold the forum fifteen minutes after the final whistle. Putting it back and sandwiching it into the race night is blatantly in the hope that people will give up and leave before it starts.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 01:52:58 PM »

If that's the date it's going to be, then the least they can do is hold the forum fifteen minutes after the final whistle. Putting it back and sandwiching it into the race night is blatantly in the hope that people will give up and leave before it starts.

More likely that it is being held in the middle of race night to generate some beer sales and interest in race night itself...........why would someone with a burning question give up and leave simply because they may have to wait an hour. Just ask your wife, girlfriend or mother to be allowed home from the football a little later than normal !

If the club wanted to avoid questions, then it simply would not have the forum in the first place - I doubt Aston Villa or Newcastle will be running one anytime soon.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fans Forum