News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Craig Ellison

Author Topic: Craig Ellison  (Read 4658 times)

altyf

Craig Ellison
« on: January 02, 2014, 04:10:44 PM »

Stalybridge's keeper, Craig Ellison, has just announced on twitter that he's taking some time out of football

"Time for a break from football. Need to get my head right. 10 months out injured has done me ZERO favours"

Have to feel sorry for the lad, he looked absolutely distraught with himself throughout the game yesterday. His dreadful performances must have affected his motivation because he just looked depleted throughout the game. I don't think I heard him communicate with his defence once in 90 minutes.

Also, I notice that Stalybridge's twitter has today announced trials for new recruits into the academy. Will be interesting to see what happens, they're in a dire situation.

York Alty

Re: Craig Ellison
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 07:01:37 PM »

Good luck Craig.  Tema of eleven, it wasn't your fault alone.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 07:19:39 PM »

Keep the faith lad . Football is a team game, don't shoulder all the blame.

York Alty

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 07:22:48 PM »

Keep the faith lad . Football is a team game, don't shoulder all the blame.

100% agreement.  The senior players, and those at the back, the skipper and the manager are all ahead of you in the queue to accept the responsibility.  I'll re-phrase that...they SHOULD be in the queue ahead of you, but as they let you down so badly on the pitch Craig I don't think they will be.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 08:09:40 PM »

If the game was still going on it would still be Staybridge 0. The best they could have hoped for was a 0 - 0 draw.

His Christmas Day tweets were very up beat. Maybe he'll start again in the Autumn.

Pat

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 09:27:22 PM »

If the game was still going on it would still be Staybridge 0. The best they could have hoped for was a 0 - 0 draw.

His Christmas Day tweets were very up beat. Maybe he'll start again in the Autumn.
they were never going to get a 0-0 draw

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 10:51:31 PM »

I know. It might have helped the keeper a bit more if they'd been able to keep the ball further up the pitch but as soon as there was any kind of clearance the ball just came straight back.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 10:54:53 PM »

Aye, don't cast yourself as a scapegoat lad. Although I think leaving Stalybridge won't do you any harm. The dodgy keeper shouts were because we had to.

Jacobs

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 11:36:20 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZbPNJ9Ny1s&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I assume he is going to carry on his coaching career....WOW. To be fair to him he must be having personal issues as he cant be that bad to hang around a number of clubs at this level.

Jenga

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 09:11:57 AM »

He made some good saves early on, but then started to play for the cameras, pulled off one save with a double dive and then tried it again and it squirmed through his hands.

As an ex goalkeeper myself (obviously at much lower level - simply open age Altrincham League), I know how he must of felt, it is a lonely world as a keeper sometimes. One mistake it is a goal, one mistake from a forward and it doesn't matter - usually.

Head up Craig and get back to it, you will be back in no time. In all fairness your defence was bloody aweful and the whole team was miles away from where it was this time last year when you ripped us apart.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2014, 11:06:38 AM »

I don't think he's likely to see these support messages here...

Why not tweet him instead, at least he might actually read them https://twitter.com/craigaellison

Jenga

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2014, 12:19:41 PM »

Why not tweet him instead, at least he might actually read them https://twitter.com/craigaellison

Vegas fans might and may post a link to their website, and as for me I don't have twitter. Is that ok with you?

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2014, 01:08:53 PM »

Vegas fans might and may post a link to their website, and as for me I don't have twitter. Is that ok with you?

Ah, the Alty forum as charming as ever.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Craig Ellison