PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty TV: Altrincham Vs Hednesford
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Alty TV: Altrincham Vs Hednesford  (Read 11440 times)

Bath Alty

Re: Alty TV: Altrincham Vs Hednesford
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2013, 10:56:15 PM »

I had to work yesterday unfortunately but a few things from the highlights.. What ever happened to a player standing over the ball to prevent such incidents happening, albeit the referees decision to blow, and you clearly hear the whistle, is extremely poor.

The other is Stu's reaction after the 3rd and the handball, not seen him like that for a while and if you didn't see the handball his reaction says it all, did he get booked?

The red was one of those that some refs get caught up in the moment and think sh*t t must be a red. It wasn't reckless and uncontrolled nor were both of his feet off the floor

Next game...

Once the ref has stopped the game and walked the wall back 10 yards you shouldn't need a bloke stood over the ball to stop the ref blowing his whistle!  In fact he would have been booked for doing so by that stage.  Pre-meditated bollocks from the ref that is completely unjustifiable

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2013, 09:15:49 AM »

Some terrible decisions there (ref, not Sinnot for this post!) but the worst by a long way was the freekick for their second.  All the others are split second decisions and it's a difficult job etc etc (see ATS posts on other matches for details) but there is absolutely no excuse for calmly blowing the whistle for the freekick to be taken while the keeper is crouching by the post lining up his wall.  He can't claim to be unsighted, under pressure to make a quick decision or anything else.  That one action alone should see repercussions for him, move him down a league or something.  You wouldn't see that on a Sunday game or a kids match (unless the ref's son was taking the freekick!)

That's happened to me when I was in goal for Crewe  v Nantwich* and it really pisses a goalie off.

That's Crewe Safeway v Nantwich Safeway & i was the fat bloke put in goal by the manager, who was also me! However, I did not substitute our 40 goal forward or best winger!

FFS  ::)

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2013, 12:08:12 PM »

Maybe it was the fact I was comparing the ref to the clown at Boston last week, but I was thinking at the time it was more our fault than his that we lost.

However, having now watched it back on the highlights, I take it back. I thought it was a red at the time, but the ref is closer and surely can see when Simon connects with the ball that he has one foot on the floor and is in control. The Perry push, while I thought it wasn't a penalty, if the ref thought it was a push then he has to give it. Don't come up with bollocks that it wasn't deliberate; if that was in the centre circle he'd give it. The handball for the 3rd, can only think it would had been given if the liner was running across the mausoleum and not down the pop side, as would had been on the right side to see it.

As has been said about the subs, not the cleverest thing Sinnott has done. I said to a few people before the game it was the sort of game Clee would excel in, and he did. Why he came off only LS will know!!

Disappointing, but it is a tight league and we will be there or thereabouts. Regroup and get 3 points at Bradford.

'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Jimmy

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2013, 05:30:21 PM »

Current form a point at Bradford will be ok

anglo alty

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2013, 07:20:55 PM »

Stiched up by a joke of a referee if he sent Richman off then what was so different in the 2nd half why didn't the Hednesford lad walk the third goal was handball and to cap it all in the melee following the Richman incident he missed a punch. The ability of the man was not up to a game of this magnitude and it was a credit to both sides that they both continued to play football and notlet the game deteriate to the level of the referee

taxi Phil

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2013, 07:47:42 PM »

Just read the Hednesford club report of the game on our main site.

WARNING : THESE PEOPLE ARE SERIOUSLY DELUSIONAL AND POSSIBLY UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF CLASS A DRUGS !!!

Jezza

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2013, 09:26:24 PM »

reading that was like listening to BBC radio Hednesford...how delusional can they get???

From the other side, Hednesford Town claim that they "were able to make a real statement of intent to the other sides in the Skrill North following an excellent 3-1 [win] on the road against one of the pre-season title favourites Altrincham. The Pitmen were very much down to the bare bones for what was expected to be one of their toughest tests of the season, with Ben Bailey and Dave Macpherson both starting suspensions whilst Darren Campion missed out through injury...
Altrincham were reduced to ten men with Simon Richman seeing red for a two-footed lunge on Jamey Osborne. This seemingly didn’t affect them too much as in the 14th minute they were level when James Walshaw delightfully headed home at the back post into the far corner of the net...
Hednesford regained the lead in the 25th minute. Michael Lennon was felled just outside the 18-yard-box and as the Altrincham goalkeeper and wall were lining up, Elliott Durrell took a quick free kick which beat goalkeeper Stuart Coburn and found the bottom corner of the net...
Altrincham’s Jake Moult was perhaps lucky not to be sent off as he scythed down the lively Osborne and only earned a booking in the process...
Hednesford’s dominance was eventually rewarded in the 85th minute though when an excellent ball through the middle was brought down by Durrell and he sublimely finished past the advancing Coburn to seal all three points."

Altrincham 1 Hednesford 3
We could hardly believe our luck as the ref basically handed us the 3 points....despite sending off one of their players and refusing to send off one of ours and letting us take a free kick into an empty net AND refusing to give a blatant penalty against us we still had to get away with a blatant handball to seal the win...

corrected for them

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2013, 11:17:49 AM »

reading that was like listening to BBC radio Hednesford...how delusional can they get???

From the other side, Hednesford Town claim that they "were able to make a real statement of intent to the other sides in the Skrill North following an excellent 3-1 [win] on the road against one of the pre-season title favourites Altrincham. The Pitmen were very much down to the bare bones for what was expected to be one of their toughest tests of the season, with Ben Bailey and Dave Macpherson both starting suspensions whilst Darren Campion missed out through injury...
Altrincham were reduced to ten men with Simon Richman seeing red for a two-footed lunge on Jamey Osborne. This seemingly didn’t affect them too much as in the 14th minute they were level when James Walshaw delightfully headed home at the back post into the far corner of the net...
Hednesford regained the lead in the 25th minute. Michael Lennon was felled just outside the 18-yard-box and as the Altrincham goalkeeper and wall were lining up, Elliott Durrell took a quick free kick which beat goalkeeper Stuart Coburn and found the bottom corner of the net...
Altrincham’s Jake Moult was perhaps lucky not to be sent off as he scythed down the lively Osborne and only earned a booking in the process...
Hednesford’s dominance was eventually rewarded in the 85th minute though when an excellent ball through the middle was brought down by Durrell and he sublimely finished past the advancing Coburn to seal all three points."

Altrincham 1 Hednesford 3
We could hardly believe our luck as the ref basically handed us the 3 points....despite sending off one of their players and refusing to send off one of ours and letting us take a free kick into an empty net AND refusing to give a blatant penalty against us we still had to get away with a blatant handball to seal the win...

corrected for them

this made me smile
Come on you red and white........

York Alty

« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2013, 10:08:13 PM »

Main site say we have put an appeal in.  Should win that, but who the hell knows?

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2013, 10:16:33 AM »

Knowing our luck suspension will be extended , but its a chance we have to take , hope justice is done ,but wont make a difference to the result ,we was robbed 

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2013, 10:40:13 AM »

The reviewing committee will probably come out with some crap like "due to the fact the game didn't have an assessor in attendance, then the match referee's decision stands"
I hope I am wrong but the football hierarchy at any level doesn't fill me with much confidence.

brian1925

« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2013, 01:32:59 PM »

Even a reviewing committee working for this footballing body will rescind such a diabolical decision, it's not rocket science. When was the last time Altrincham fc appealed against an on-pitch decision?

York Alty

« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2013, 03:43:01 PM »

Panels overturning major decision such as an 8th minute red card are saying "our ref screwed up".  I'd love to see some stats about how many appeals are successful, but even if we win this one Hednesford keep the three points, we don't get any recognition of the absolute incompetence from the ref on the day.  I posted that they struggled to knock over a ten man Alty for 80 minutes and that we'd have won that match on other days.  I can fee myself getting angry again!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2013, 04:23:16 PM »

Losing Simon Richman for three games would weaken an already thin squad severely. Not appealing wasn't really an option, given the contentious nature of the decision.

It seems to me that the decision to go ahead with the appeal was based on the knowledge that, at worst, the 3 match ban will be upheld. I don't see how any reasonable person could argue that our appeal is frivolous.

Let's hope the ban is overturned!
Come on Alty!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2013, 04:30:04 PM »

I can understand why the club deemed it correct to take this action and it's certainly not a frivolous appeal.

However, I suspect that the referee will simply argue that the video evidence is inconclusive and that he was viewing the tackle from a completely different angle.

I sincerely hope that I'm wrong and our appeal will be upheld......but, alas, I somehow doubt it.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty TV: Altrincham Vs Hednesford