PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty TV: Altrincham Vs Hednesford
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Alty TV: Altrincham Vs Hednesford  (Read 11473 times)

altyazz

Re: Alty TV: Altrincham Vs Hednesford
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2013, 05:37:08 PM »

One word CHEATED

Jezza

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2013, 06:25:11 PM »

Taking them in order....
For the sending off the hednesford player actually goes in late onto richman after the ball has been played...in real time it looks worse and I can see why the ref gave the red but having done that he should also have given a red for the later challenge which was genuinely late.
It wasn't even a free kick for the 2nd...the hednesford player knocks the ball way too forward, runs into an alty player and does the classic Ronaldo swan dive throwing his ankles back and then rolling on the ground......
The rule about quick free kicks needs tightening as for every one that goes in against us,we have a quickly taken free kick that we take that gets called back.......having taken the time to allow the wall to be built the decision by the ref to suddenly decide he's going to blow the whistle to allow the kick was against the spirit of the game. and a poor decision.
Not a lot has been made of the hednesford player clattering into perry with no intention or possibility of getting the ball for what was as clear cut a penalty as I've ever seen.
The 3rd goal?..well it's academic but not like stuart to run at a liner like that......I can't see from the footage but I think the hednesford scorer did handball it but the liner didn't see it.

All in all a very poor day for the officials who when all decisions are taken together they have stolen 2 points from us with their incompetence and everyone may as well have stayed home and let them decide the result like a pools panel.

Smikle has shown against Trafford & northwich vics 1827 (whoever) that he has nothing to offer....the fact sinnot is perservering with him when everyone can see this causes me to believe sinnot does not know what he is doing...we are now suffering from what everyone was predicting close season....we need a centre half and a right winger....if we haven't got the budget for this I think the board should let us know coz we're all under the impression we are richer than our squad suggests....in which case I'd like to see some youth players given a run out and put on the bench for when we are 3-0 up.....

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2013, 07:11:26 PM »

The whole free-kick situation confuses and annoys me in equal measure. Is it the referees job to allow the defence time to line up their wall or even march out the ten yeards for them? Surely he needs to allow himself time to get into a position where he can see what he needs to see then blow his whistle. If the defence haven't got themselves ready it's tough, and if they haven't retreated ten yards someone's going to get booked and the free-kick is going to get retaken. I'd like someone to tell me whether what we usually see is a rule or just a tradition.

arnald

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2013, 07:37:44 PM »

now ive just seen a fair challenge from a midfielder on
alty  tv I can not believe the red card , what a rubbish outcome

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2013, 08:46:39 PM »

Spot on, gutted.
The ref spoilt what was going to be a good game.
Just hope this video gets seen by the appropriate people.
The ref was not up to such a big game.

taxi Phil

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2013, 08:56:39 PM »

Spot on, gutted.
The ref spoilt what was going to be a good game.
Just hope this video gets seen by the appropriate people.
The ref was not up to such a big game.
The young chap who reffed my grandson's Under 11's game a couple of weeks back couldn't have done any worse than that trollop.

28 hours later, and I'm still bloody livid.

arnald

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2013, 09:00:56 PM »

I still believe we still believe but what rotten
luck we get some times its a piss take

Bath Alty

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2013, 09:08:06 PM »

Lee's comment that ref thought it was a push on Perry but it wasn't deliberate beggars belief.  If a foul has to be deliberate then the ref really does have an impossible job as he'd have to be a mind reader.  Simon didn't deliberately clatter their lad with a trailing leg after winning the ball but it didn't stop him sending him off did it?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 10:52:53 PM by Bath Alty »

taxi Phil

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2013, 09:18:07 PM »

I seriously believe that we should take this footage to the FA and :

1. Challenge Simon's dismissal.

2. Demand an explanation for the absence of the referee's assessor.

3. Also demand that this official is never EVER assigned to one of our matches again.

Hamilton

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2013, 09:25:21 PM »

Some of those decisions/non decisions are beyond belief!

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2013, 09:45:57 PM »

One of the worst officiating displays I've ever seen. Richman shouldn't have been sent off but given he was, it beggars belief that Durrell wasn't sent off for an identical challenge later on. On their second goal, I don't know if it's a mistake in law but with the ceremonial free-kicks, refs always wait for the keeper to line up the wall and get into position and that's what Stuart quite reasonably expected to happen, so it was a dreadful error by the ref to blow when he did. Wasn't a free-kick in the first place either. The third goal was handball - well, volleyball actually - by a player who shouldn't have been on the pitch by then. Didn't see anything wrong with their header from a corner either.

On Durrell incidentally, I can never get my head round players like that who clearly have bags of talent but can't be bothered to get themselves fit. He's huge! If he had a bit of self-respect and lost some weight, he could be playing in the league but I imagine professional clubs won't go near him when he's so visibly unprofessional.

One area of concern that's not been raised, and it gives me no pleasure to say this, is that Stuart Coburn is a real weak spot in games against big, powerful sides like Hednesford. It was the Burton cup games all over again - he stays rooted to his line and there's a chance every time the ball goes into the six-yard box. Even if he doesn't get much on the ball, he needs to come for crosses more.

On where we are, it's all been said really - obviously the squad is too weak, obviously Perry and Smikle should go. And the substitutions were both terrible, perhaps the worst thing about them being the alienating effect they had on two of our best players. But I thought we played some great stuff, Wilkinson looks a top signing and if we can get a couple of quality players in, as Cult says, this league is there for the taking. On yesterday's showing, neither of those teams will win the league - both too frail at the back. But I actually agree with Ecky - we'll finish above Hednesford. I've a funny feeling we'll meet them in the play-offs actually.

One other point - I thought the Hednesford support yesterday was really good, in terms of numbers and volume (albeit the contingent around me in the main stand was something of a village idiot convention). There was a good atmosphere and it could have been a great spectacle. Huge shame the ref ruined it.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 11:44:46 PM by Leon »

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2013, 09:55:59 PM »

One of the worst officiating displays I've ever seen. Richman shouldn't have been sent off but given he was, it beggars belief that Durrell wasn't sent off for an identical challenge later on. On their second goal, I don't know if it's a mistake in law but with the ceremonial free-kicks, refs always wait for the keeper to line up the wall and get into position and that's what Stuart quite reasonably expected to happen, so it was a dreadful error by the ref to blow when he did. The third goal was handball - well, volleyball actually - by a player who shouldn't have been on the pitch by then. Didn't see anything wrong with their header from a corner either.

On Durrell incidentally, I can never get my head round players like that who clearly have bags of talent but can't be bothered to get themselves fit. He's huge! If he had a bit of self-respect and lost some weight, he could be playing in the league but I imagine professional clubs won't go near him when he's so visibly unprofessional.

One area of concern that's not been raised, and it gives me no pleasure to say this, is that Stuart Coburn is a real weak spot in games against big, powerful sides like Hednesford. It was the Burton cup games all over again - he stays rooted to his line and there's a chance every time the ball goes into the six-yard box. Even if he doesn't get much on the ball, he needs to come for crosses more.

On where we are, it's all been said really - obviously the squad is too weak, obviously Perry and Smikle should go. And the substitutions were both terrible, perhaps the worst thing about them being the alienating effect they had on two of our best players. But I thought we played some great stuff, Wilkinson looks a top signing and if we can get a couple of quality players in, as Cult says, this league is there for the taking. On yesterday's showing, neither of those teams will win the league - both too frail at the back. But I actually agree with Ecky - we'll finish above Hednesford. I've a funny feeling we'll meet them in the play-offs actually.

One other point - I thought the Hednesford support yesterday was really good, in terms of numbers and volume (albeit the contingent around me in the main stand was something of a village idiot convention). There was a good atmosphere and it could have been a great spectacle. Huge shame the ref ruined it.

Their support was good to be fair. Best I've seen this season, including Stockport.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2013, 09:59:34 PM »

I had to work yesterday unfortunately but a few things from the highlights.. What ever happened to a player standing over the ball to prevent such incidents happening, albeit the referees decision to blow, and you clearly hear the whistle, is extremely poor.

The other is Stu's reaction after the 3rd and the handball, not seen him like that for a while and if you didn't see the handball his reaction says it all, did he get booked?

The red was one of those that some refs get caught up in the moment and think sh*t t must be a red. It wasn't reckless and uncontrolled nor were both of his feet off the floor

Next game...

taxi Phil

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2013, 10:39:19 PM »

I had to work yesterday unfortunately but a few things from the highlights.. What ever happened to a player standing over the ball to prevent such incidents happening, albeit the referees decision to blow, and you clearly hear the whistle, is extremely poor.

The other is Stu's reaction after the 3rd and the handball, not seen him like that for a while and if you didn't see the handball his reaction says it all, did he get booked?

The red was one of those that some refs get caught up in the moment and think sh*t t must be a red. It wasn't reckless and uncontrolled nor were both of his feet off the floor

Next game...
Yes, the yellow card was produced.

taxi Phil

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2013, 10:41:27 PM »

One of the worst officiating displays I've ever seen. Richman shouldn't have been sent off but given he was, it beggars belief that Durrell wasn't sent off for an identical challenge later on. On their second goal, I don't know if it's a mistake in law but with the ceremonial free-kicks, refs always wait for the keeper to line up the wall and get into position and that's what Stuart quite reasonably expected to happen, so it was a dreadful error by the ref to blow when he did. The third goal was handball - well, volleyball actually - by a player who shouldn't have been on the pitch by then. Didn't see anything wrong with their header from a corner either.

Their support was good to be fair. Best I've seen this season, including Stockport.
I was quite amused by "Alty's a sh*thole, we want to go home...."

TO HEDNESFORD ???!!!

It's not exactly Paris......in fact it's not exactly bloody Stalybridge.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty TV: Altrincham Vs Hednesford