News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Recruitment

Author Topic: Recruitment  (Read 1974 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Recruitment
« on: January 04, 2016, 12:28:58 PM »

So how big is our little black book of contacts?

As a recruiter myself, it would alarm me if it did indeed happen to be so that the club simply doesn't know the local market - it's not like we're short of clubs either side of us in the playing structure that we should have a decent level of knowledge of, or (even better) have some sort of networking relationship with. For example, someone mentioned a lad at Rochdale - a very similar club, who push their youngsters through, who (events of many years ago aside) should be where we're looking.

If the club needs a hand with north west 'mapping' and all this sort of thing, surely there would be some willing volunteers, or am I being naïve?

Alty Razor Squad

Re: Recruitment
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 01:02:46 PM »

The only thing I can think of regarding loaning players from league clubs is that they don't want their players playing part time but I think I'm clutching at straws there. It is looking more likely that the management team have a lack of contacts.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 01:13:18 PM »

Yes that's what I thought, but Southport have always seemed to manage OK with loans from higher up the system.  Stoke didn't seem to mind with Shotton - there's got to be more like him out there.

And also, just to clarify - I still think the current management team are the right ones to take us forward. I don't think I'm too comfortable with one or two people using this topic as a stick to beat them with.

andrewflynn

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 01:28:28 PM »

Yes that's what I thought, but Southport have always seemed to manage OK with loans from higher up the system.  Stoke didn't seem to mind with Shotton - there's got to be more like him out there.

And also, just to clarify - I still think the current management team are the right ones to take us forward. I don't think I'm too comfortable with one or two people using this topic as a stick to beat them with.

I'm not even fussed about the next Shotton. Parry did a job for us coming from League Two. I refuse to believe that there aren't suitable players available on a loan deal.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Recruitment