News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I'm feeling positive about Saturday

Author Topic: I'm feeling positive about Saturday  (Read 2165 times)

Alty365

« on: August 12, 2008, 09:45:15 PM »

We've scored 5 goals in 2 games and sometimes you just have games where things go wrong at the back. If we can iron out the sloppiness in defence I reckon we can have a real go at Kettering on Saturday.

Colin Little has 3 goals to his name ALREADY and for this reason alone I fear nobody at home.

Come on Alty!!!!

HeyAlty

Re: I'm feeling positive about Saturday
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 10:40:02 PM »

Not being negative but we have scored 5 but conceded as many i dont feel the midfield offered much support to the defense tonight and dont think there was anyone organising the defense

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 01:26:10 PM »

Correct. We needed either Young of McGregor to marshall the troops and it wasn't happening.

Having said that, it can easily be put right.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 07:02:48 PM »

"it can easily be put right" - can you please expand on this?

andrewflynn

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 08:58:47 PM »

Its a new defence that has hardly played together. For gods sake give them a chance to gel. They might end up working well, they might not, time will tell, but thats when you want to sign a new defender.  Just because of one dodgy game every one says its time to get another defender. Give them time.

Jenga

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 09:52:53 PM »

The problem was clear to me - we were too adventurous on Tuesday and lost a bit of defending discipline from the forwards to the midfield to the defence.

It can be put right easily enough in my eyes by reducing our attacking a little and be a little more causious going forward. But not to the extent of last season, we need find the medium ground.

HeyAlty

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 11:14:23 PM »

Its a new defence that has hardly played together. For gods sake give them a chance to gel. They might end up working well, they might not, time will tell, but thats when you want to sign a new defender.  Just because of one dodgy game every one says its time to get another defender. Give them time.

The reason i think we will sign another defender is for backup as we havent much cover or if a good organiser comes along. Nobody in this topic has said we need a new defender after tuesdays game
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team