PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Department of Elam
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Department of Elam  (Read 8489 times)

Jezza

Re: Department of Elam
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2009, 12:01:14 PM »

Very convenient he asks to leave and is then snapped up by Vics..makes you think.

wonderstuff

« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2009, 12:07:14 PM »

Even before I discovered he'd gone to Vics i didn't think it was any loss at all tbh.

All I ever saw was a spoilt poser who put himself before his teammates, his team and his club.

Do you think that given the talent he once had (and showed only VERY rarely in an Alty shirt), if he'd applied himself like some of our other arguably less talented players, he'd not have played more often.

That being said, when he did play he was a huge disappointment to me and nothing like the player who regularly murdered us whilst playing for other teams.

I agree. I was really pleased when he signed for Alty, but didn't enjoy watching him play. He was good at turning a defender every now and then, but he wasn't a battler on the ball and lost it all too easily. Having said that, I wish him well playing for Northwich Hobos.

Really looking forward to seeing Denham back. I have really enjoyed watching him play as he seems to fit in a lot better.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2009, 12:20:26 PM »

Its a shame he's gone. And its a shame he's gone to Vics (especially if he wanted to go closer to home!!!).

I didn't see enough of him to make a decent judgement - but who did see enough of him?

If we were paying a lot of money for someone who was not playing then there is no point in keeping him if he wants away - to wherever. If we can save the money or use it elsewhere and get more from the money then fair enough. I like to see excting football, but maybe we just did not get enough of this from Lee to warrant his wage - though far from me to guess if he was not up to this or GH judt did not see him as a successful part of the team.

Its a shame we always seem to struggle to get left sided players to fit into the team.

Good luck to Lee

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2009, 01:35:36 PM »

He actually went to GH and said he wanted to move closer to home. You can keep your blinkers on if you like OGC but he's gone behind the clubs back and negotiated a deal with another club. I'm not that arsed he's gone but for me we have to have standards at the club. Would've been nice of Vics to mention it during all our dialogue this week mind but there you go.
[/quote]

On the basis of the above, spot on Ballers we're well rid of him - don't think he'll get a great reception at the home game. Doesn't put Rushe in a good light either. If it wasn't for the potential of a puinishment from the Conference I'd be quite happy for Geoff and Grahame to forget to drop the the keys off to  the ground today  ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Department of Elam