News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Good times

Author Topic: Good times  (Read 3256 times)

JT

Good times
« on: October 30, 2008, 06:53:19 PM »

I don't think that this has been said yet in another thread but good news coming out of the club is that Man U have now signed a deal with us so that they will play all of their reserve games at ML once again due to vics' problems, obviously starting from tonight! I believe this is a massive boost for us as a club and will certainly give us a little extra income!

It's not good to see other clubs suffering but it is obviously self-inflicted, which really makes me grateful for how our club is run by everyone invloved in it. I think everyone's excited by the trip to Luton, but first of all lets concentrate on saturday and pick up 3 points!

Come on Alty!  :)

malcolm

Re: Good times
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 07:46:14 PM »

Not sure what Unted pay but I think its a decent figure, this can only be good for the coffers and budget, well done to the people who made this deal happen hopefully it's a long term deal.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 08:01:41 PM »

Surely it's got to be a couple of grand per game hasn't it? (just a guess) and with 10 home games per season, that's ok. There must be at least 6 or 7 home games left mustn't there? A tidy £10,000 plus I would have said.  ;)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Narcissist

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 08:14:37 PM »

Great News!

andrewflynn

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 08:44:21 PM »

Good news, and the pitch has been improved immensely since the last time they were playing here so it should hold up better. :)

am_nvfc

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 12:08:38 AM »

It's not good to see other clubs suffering but it is obviously self-inflicted, which really makes me grateful for how our club is run by everyone invloved in it.

We are absolutely delighted that MUFC Res are moving to Moss Lane.  They were paying Connett to use the Victoria Stadium, not the club, and the sooner his streams of income are cut off (amongst other unmentionables which ought to be cut off) the better.
It's the only good thing to come out of the floodlight fiasco.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 09:10:41 AM »

is there anything on official site to say mufc reserves are coming to moss lane on a permanent basis ?

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 09:41:46 AM »

We even had Bob the builderand Darth Vader turn up last night but the reward must go to the 10-15 Polish supporters on tour who sang for the entire 90 mins. They even asked for permission to sing.
@AltyDaz

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008, 11:34:59 AM »

Many there last night Darren?

p.s. Is this actually official for the rest of the season now or what?

altyf

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2008, 02:21:58 PM »

It's not good to see other clubs suffering but it is obviously self-inflicted, which really makes me grateful for how our club is run by everyone invloved in it.

We are absolutely delighted that MUFC Res are moving to Moss Lane.  They were paying Connett to use the Victoria Stadium, not the club, and the sooner his streams of income are cut off (amongst other unmentionables which ought to be cut off) the better.
It's the only good thing to come out of the floodlight fiasco.

Now you'll have to change the sign that always makes me laugh "Welcome to the Marstons Arena, Home to Manchester United Reserves and Northwich Victoria".

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2008, 03:52:20 PM »

Many there last night Darren?

p.s. Is this actually official for the rest of the season now or what?

386 was the attendance which wasn,t bad considering the short notice and a lot very happy it was back at moss lane as you can get there by public transport and not just by the salt barge ;D ;D
@AltyDaz

JT

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2008, 04:20:01 PM »

They are deffo at moss lane for the rest of this season and next  :)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Good times