PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Bridge Way
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: The Bridge Way  (Read 11246 times)

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The Bridge Way
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2011, 08:06:07 PM »

To a degree I agree what you say, but I am not it is at all about being full time. I do believe it is about passion and being there for the club, I ran the supporters club for many years, everyone was upaid and put money and time into the club. John King and Graham Heathcote had passion and would have died for the club as in a strange way would Gerry Berman, I know how much money he lost for Alty. Until we get a manager with passion then we will not get players.

Sorry but you seem to be confusing passion with ability. Being passionate helps but its useless without ability and quality and thats what Sinnott knows only too well that we need. If you cant see that youre blind :o

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2011, 11:54:35 PM »

To a degree I agree what you say, but I am not it is at all about being full time. I do believe it is about passion and being there for the club, I ran the supporters club for many years, everyone was upaid and put money and time into the club. John King and Graham Heathcote had passion and would have died for the club as in a strange way would Gerry Berman, I know how much money he lost for Alty. Until we get a manager with passion then we will not get players.

The club nearly died because of Gerry Berman.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

markecky

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2011, 12:10:57 AM »

It just gets worse.

Where the hell have you been since 1995 Ginrail?  What are you trying to achieve here?

Just thought you'd pop up and stir some sh*t?

Do you know just how many people work unpaid for the club at the moment?

And don't start me off on Gerry Berman..every penny he lost was through feeding his own ego and it nearly ended 100 years of the club.

DAB @ ALTY

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2011, 09:18:32 AM »

The purpose of posting the titled topic was not to have a go at the management or the players but to try and get a positive reaction from our fanbase as to what they would like to see change for the club to move forward and be successful once again.Some interesting replies but some that have me a little confused,at some stage there has to be changes at football clubs,some people don't like change but in the present climate surely if there are other means of bringing back the good days,then they have to be looked at.As for the passion thing,then that is the very reason for posting the topic,I happen to be very passionate about my club.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2011, 10:06:30 AM »

The ideal situaton for me would be to buy or rent the manor farm site where Stockport currently train. It cannot be built on so is not a very expensive price.The whole club could be run out of there from training to ladies teams to juniors.There is a social club (currently unused) that has thousands of homes surrounding it with no pub within walking distance.It has a canteen, a gym, treatment tooms,offices and has living accommodation.Stockport won't be staying there.And if we could raise the money through grants and other serious fund-raising it would be the making of the club.We could then go full time in the stalybridge model, and make money through the social club and by hiring out the pitches etc It sounds pie in the sky but it should be given serious consideration, obviously the ground would stay where it is, but the rest of the club could be run from there.A full social club on a Sunday much like timperley cricket club with drinkers and those there playing/ watching the multiple games taking place on the numerous pitches

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2011, 10:23:16 AM »

The ideal situaton for me would be to buy or rent the manor farm site where Stockport currently train. It cannot be built on so is not a very expensive price.The whole club could be run out of there from training to ladies teams to juniors.There is a social club (currently unused) that has thousands of homes surrounding it with no pub within walking distance.It has a canteen, a gym, treatment tooms,offices and has living accommodation.Stockport won't be staying there.And if we could raise the money through grants and other serious fund-raising it would be the making of the club.We could then go full time in the stalybridge model, and make money through the social club and by hiring out the pitches etc It sounds pie in the sky but it should be given serious consideration, obviously the ground would stay where it is, but the rest of the club could be run from there.A full social club on a Sunday much like timperley cricket club with drinkers and those there playing/ watching the multiple games taking place on the numerous pitches
A little bird told me we already have something in the pipeline for Manor Farm. This bird could be the bullsh*t birt indigenous to macclesfied however they are normally someone of impeccable honesty

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2011, 10:37:08 AM »

A little bird told me we already have something in the pipeline for Manor Farm. This bird could be the bullsh*t birt indigenous to macclesfied however they are normally someone of impeccable honesty

That's very interesting, and would be fantastic if true.It might mean saddling the club with a morgage to pay for a portion towards the purchase but I firmly believe it would be the making of the club, from a home base point if view for the whole club and from a money making point of view, if the social club was marketed correctly it could be a very busy concern.With the broomwood and the huge number of new builds nearby with nowhere to drink

bumble

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2011, 11:14:30 AM »

Manor? Is that clay lane/ British airways club?

NorthernMonkey

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2011, 12:14:05 PM »

Really interesting thread, some great opinions on both sides.

Have Stalybridge had to deal with interest from above in their players?

With them being young, how are tribunals / transfer fees set up at this level?

Only asking as I've got something nagging from a murky recess in my mind that conference and below can get shafted - I'm not 100% sure though.

Derek Stubbs

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • thesatmanfootballtv.co.uk
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2011, 12:19:45 PM »

Manor? Is that clay lane/ British airways club?

No, that BA club closed a few years ago.

The Manor Farm one is actually at the bottom of Rideway road, & not on clay lane as most people think.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2011, 12:24:51 PM »

The Silver Wings (BA club) site is currently being turned into a new gym. My brother is working there at the moment.
Come on Alty!

Robin Reliant

« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2011, 04:52:48 PM »

The Silver Wings (BA club) site is currently being turned into a new gym. My brother is working there at the moment.

We knew it as the BEA club in the late 60's....went many a Saturday night although nothing to do with the airline.
Highlight was seeing the most brilliant ( and filthy ) comedy double act ever, who were also at the Robin club a few weeks later
They were known as Sid & Eddie....a while later they cleaned up a bit, changed their name to Little & Large and then cleaned up bigtime on TV

Robin Reliant

« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2011, 04:56:28 PM »

Although unlikely to benefit from this  ;)  I think it is a brilliant idea and the way to go.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2011, 10:13:09 PM »

That's very interesting, and would be fantastic if true.It might mean saddling the club with a morgage to pay for a portion towards the purchase but I firmly believe it would be the making of the club, from a home base point if view for the whole club and from a money making point of view, if the social club was marketed correctly it could be a very busy concern.With the broomwood and the huge number of new builds nearby with nowhere to drink

And conveniently located near your house..... :D

bridgechad

« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2011, 04:37:45 PM »

The first 5 months of last season we were super inconsistant brilliant one game truly awful the next.  then after the winter break we really turned it round losing 3 league games from January onwards, 4 till this date.  patience and time is needed for it.

we had some interest gateshead hat a 5 figure sum rejected for Phil Marsh last jan and Jennings has had some interest in him
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Bridge Way