PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Robbie Lawton
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Robbie Lawton  (Read 6867 times)

ant

Robbie Lawton
« on: September 08, 2008, 07:50:31 PM »

He's 100% committed and 100% Altrincham but he's all over the place in Midfield I'm afraid.  He runs around like a headless chicken and his positioning is nowhere at all.  He barely gets a touch of the ball and I often see him drifting in the middle of nowhere.  I've watched him for the last 3 seasons and you won't get a fitter athlete on the pitch but surely he's holding us back in midfield.  However, I think he'd be a superb rightback and has shown great discipline when filling this spot.  Surely his future lies at RB but please no more midfield for Robbie as it's a waste which we can ill afford.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Robbie Lawton
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 08:09:33 PM »

i tend to agree

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 08:11:17 PM »

Have to agree too

Garveys Brother

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 08:14:07 PM »

I think he should work on his midfeild play before he goes to the defence because we already have Lane and Batts for RB. But I do agree with some of the other points

HeyAlty

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 08:29:05 PM »

He's 100% committed and 100% Altrincham but he's all over the place in Midfield I'm afraid.  He runs around like a headless chicken and his positioning is nowhere at all.  He barely gets a touch of the ball and I often see him drifting in the middle of nowhere.  I've watched him for the last 3 seasons and you won't get a fitter athlete on the pitch but surely he's holding us back in midfield.  However, I think he'd be a superb rightback and has shown great discipline when filling this spot.  Surely his future lies at RB but please no more midfield for Robbie as it's a waste which we can ill afford.

Completely disagree I thought behind Denham he was our best player on Saturday. I think hes a good leader and is influencial in midfield

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 08:43:27 PM »

Completely disagree I thought behind Denham he was our best player on Saturday. I think hes a good leader and is influencial in midfield

i reckon you are in the minority

Longman

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 09:18:06 PM »

I agree, I think he's been a bit of a passenger in a few games this season.

I would start with Street and Danylyk against Stevenage.  I think we need another centre midfielder.

bighairedmike

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 09:47:17 PM »

I agree with this. I wouldn't have said he was ourbest player after denham but i do think it wasnt his worst game of the season. Probably one of his best so far.

RocketDan

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 09:51:27 PM »

robbie lawton runs all day, he just needs to make the right decisions with his passing and that is to generally knock it short to someone who can pass.

The last game he just kept punting it forward more optimistic than expectant. We aren't gonna score goals if our forwards arent getting the service.

Alty365

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 09:59:44 PM »

However, I think he'd be a superb rightback and has shown great discipline when filling this spot. 

He'd have to get in the queue behind Battersby and Lane though and I don't think he'd be better than either of those.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 10:01:18 PM »

Do you think he could do a job at centre half?

Alty365

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 10:08:58 PM »

I would pick all of Young, McGregor and Lane ahead of Lawton at centre half so probably not.

Lawton's position is midfield. He'll never set the world alight but he'll always work hard and run his socks off. Whether or not he should play is a bit of a moot point because, like it or not, he is going to play if fit.

bighairedmike

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 10:14:54 PM »

I would pick all of Young, McGregor and Lane ahead of Lawton at centre half so probably not.

Lawton's position is midfield. He'll never set the world alight but he'll always work hard and run his socks off. Whether or not he should play is a bit of a moot point because, like it or not, he is going to play if fit.

Agreed, always going to play when fit. I think Danylyk would be good to play next to him as he seems a decent passer. And if you watch Danylyk when we are attacking set pieces he just stands about 25/30 yeards out and just runs sideways picking up the ball and playing it out so we can attack again, which is just what we need as we never seemed to win the second ball. I really think we have unearthed a gem in him.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 10:17:23 PM »

I don't think we're flush with options in centre midfield to be honest. If we were I'd advocate pushing Robbie out onto the left wing which I thik he'd be good in.

markecky

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2008, 10:21:27 PM »

I don't think we're flush with options in centre midfield to be honest. If we were I'd advocate pushing Robbie out onto the left wing which I thik he'd be good in.

Ballers..have you gone mad?

I like Robbie Lawton in the centre to be honest but on the wing?  He has hit me with more crosses than Colin Little

Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Robbie Lawton