PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays Segregation
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Todays Segregation  (Read 6884 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Todays Segregation
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2012, 06:50:48 PM »

What makes it even more bizzare is the bar was full of there fans before during and after the game ! So if it was going to be any aggro it would have happened any way !!
ParkINson's red and white army

62vintage

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2012, 08:49:26 PM »

I don't understand why any segregation is necessary at this level of football.
If there a history of trouble between the two sets of fans then OK.   
One of the side effects of segregation is to make us look Billy Big Bollocks to opposition fans. Very few clubs deem it necessary to segregate us when we visit them.   
Completely in agreement with this post. If the opposition are bringing hundreds (eg Halifax, potentially Chester next year, or - God forbid - FCUM), or if there is 'previous' (eg Barrow) then give them the open end and do as Ecky suggests regarding fencing, but for Heaven's sake allow home fans to spread out along the popular side to at least the end of the newer roofed section. In the vast majority of cases the opposition bring penny numbers, so segregation is totally unnecessary. One of the pleasures of BSB North is having the freedom to stand where you like - we should be happy to extend that freedom to our guests just as they do to us.   

Spot on. Unless it is Southport we are playing. In which case they should only be allowed behind the goals and we should all pray for rain, lots and lots of it.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2012, 10:33:22 PM »

What makes it even more bizzare is the bar was full of there fans before during and after the game ! So if it was going to be any aggro it would have happened any way !!

There were quite a few of them sat in the main stand too - I hate it when people around me are celebrating away goals!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2012, 06:31:50 PM »

There were quite a few of them sat in the main stand too - I hate it when people around me are celebrating away goals!

That may be so but at least there is somewhere under cover for them to go. ALl it requires is a sign outside the away end saying it's uncovered and covered seating is available in the main stand and f**king man up and bring a coat if you know you're going to be stood outside for 2 hours, it's not like it's rocket science.

taxi Phil

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2012, 07:07:28 PM »

That may be so but at least there is somewhere under cover for them to go. ALl it requires is a sign outside the away end saying it's uncovered and covered seating is available in the main stand and f**king man up and bring a coat if you know you're going to be stood outside for 2 hours, it's not like it's rocket science.
A coat ? A COAT ? ? What sort of a generation of weakling football fans are we encouraging here ?

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2012, 08:57:34 PM »

Understand the irritation at this but having had plenty of experience dealing with safety at sports grounds, it may be that the club have agreed to release covered accommodation to the visitors then depending on exits etc they have to allow a significant amount as in poor weather conditions it can cause local overcrowding. Nonsence in a game like this I agree but the legislation doesn't discriminate.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Jenga

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2012, 11:18:46 PM »

I think Gainsborough fans should have been given the whole of the pop side, not just a small proportion of it.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2012, 08:35:11 AM »

The Chequers End hold 1400. Who on earth would ever bring that many? Don't let them into the Popular Side, there's no need. Ridiculous situation.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2012, 09:25:16 AM »

I think Gainsborough fans should have been given the whole of the pop side, not just a small proportion of it.

And the Main Stand.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2012, 05:40:55 PM »

Understand the irritation at this but having had plenty of experience dealing with safety at sports grounds, it may be that the club have agreed to release covered accommodation to the visitors then depending on exits etc they have to allow a significant amount as in poor weather conditions it can cause local overcrowding. Nonsence in a game like this I agree but the legislation doesn't discriminate.

As I said, the main stand is a mixed area, so cover is clearly made available...

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2012, 06:55:48 PM »

And the Main Stand.

and both snack bars and all toliets
ParkINson's red and white army
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays Segregation