Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 It had to happen...so bl**dy predictable!
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: It had to happen...so bl**dy predictable!  (Read 6339 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: It had to happen...so bl**dy predictable!
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2021, 10:31:18 AM »

Recall Boston being relegated/demoted two divisions from the 4th tier (EFL) to the 6th tier (2nd step of non-lge) in 2007 (maybe 2008) and this ultimately saved Alty from relegation from the Conference (step1 non lge)...

That was a strange period when we finished in relegation zone 3yrs running between 2006-2008 (i think) and we were saved from relegation by financial issues at other clubs like Halifax, Boston, Canvey Island, Scarborough, etc.

During that period we also had the 'James Robinson' issue of fielding an ineligible player (though at time harsh as unaware) that cost us 18pts but again we had a reprieve as one of three seasons listed above...

Agree that demotion two divisions for Grimsby & Southend would be funny but would also send strong message to EFL clubs (who all know rules at start of season) not to try to override/beat an agreed system that rewards via promotion & has relegation for failure...

Bottom line is over whole season Southend & Grimsby were the worst teams in their division & thus deserve (under the rules) to be relegated... they should stop moaning because they were crap and if they continue demote them two divisions as extra punishment! :)
What I don’t get is Southend and Grimsby’s logic. The reason there is no relegation from the National League this season is because there is nowhere to get relegated to. The reason there is promotion out of the National League is because there IS a league to be promoted into. Am I missing something here?
yes you are . They are sore losers
ParkINson's red and white army

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2021, 10:47:30 AM »

Recall Boston being relegated/demoted two divisions from the 4th tier (EFL) to the 6th tier (2nd step of non-lge) in 2007 (maybe 2008) and this ultimately saved Alty from relegation from the Conference (step1 non lge)...

That was a strange period when we finished in relegation zone 3yrs running between 2006-2008 (i think) and we were saved from relegation by financial issues at other clubs like Halifax, Boston, Canvey Island, Scarborough, etc.

During that period we also had the 'James Robinson' issue of fielding an ineligible player (though at time harsh as unaware) that cost us 18pts but again we had a reprieve as one of three seasons listed above...

Agree that demotion two divisions for Grimsby & Southend would be funny but would also send strong message to EFL clubs (who all know rules at start of season) not to try to override/beat an agreed system that rewards via promotion & has relegation for failure...

Bottom line is over whole season Southend & Grimsby were the worst teams in their division & thus deserve (under the rules) to be relegated... they should stop moaning because they were crap and if they continue demote them two divisions as extra punishment! :)
What I don’t get is Southend and Grimsby’s logic. The reason there is no relegation from the National League this season is because there is nowhere to get relegated to. The reason there is promotion out of the National League is because there IS a league to be promoted into. Am I missing something here?
yes you are . They are sore losers
in that case I'll send both parties some vasaline.

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2021, 12:15:39 PM »

Both teams are grasping for any straws to clutch to stop relegation... they are 'losers' in more ways than one but mainly for being worst teams in their Div and as such lost too many & finished bottom...

Now despite knowing the rules & EFL agreeing teams can go down whilst teams go up from NL (despite no NL relegation as all Divs below step1 non-lge being voided) they want to change the rules now as they are in bottom two... another reason for classification 'losers!'

They even now argue maybe two come up but four go down next season (none this) - see below comment from bbc article... if somehow this change happened to save them would they then argue again next season if in bottom four... again, what losers... man up & take relegation like a proper club would... rules are rules & both knew the score!

"You've either got to say 'no relegation from the EFL and, sorry, National League clubs can't come up' or maybe they can come up and four go down next year." - taken from below...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57022942

In short, both knew rules that EFL agreed with NL re ups/downs... you cannot change the rules just because they now effect you... bottom line is you're getting relegated because you were crap on the field just as you are now crap & embarrassing losers off the field!

Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2021, 01:06:53 AM »

I seem to remember AFC Wimbledon got a three point deduction for the exact same thing. The reason given was laughable at best. And apparently an MP called Tony Blair backed their case. Politicians!

In any case, I'm afraid I wouldn't be entirely surprised if the north and south divisions, were voided again next season, the authorities seem bent on making our lives misery for some time to come. Hope I'm wrong...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 01:11:48 AM by Hugh »

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2021, 10:21:49 PM »

Looks like Grimsby Town have accepted their relegation fate and have released a club statement saying looking forward to competing in National League next season...

https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/status/1393609608565039107?s=20

Just leaves Southend to accept their relegation...
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2021, 06:23:30 AM »

Looks like Grimsby Town have accepted their relegation fate and have released a club statement saying looking forward to competing in National League next season...

https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/status/1393609608565039107?s=20

Just leaves Southend to accept their relegation...
perhaps we could all send them a copy of the Division Two table for 20/21 pointing out where they finished.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 It had to happen...so bl**dy predictable!