https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 team
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: team  (Read 3824 times)

GEOFF HOOLEY

team
« on: April 06, 2014, 06:32:46 PM »

i think its time to face facts, we have a defence who struggle at every set piece, coburn flaps like a penguin and cant catch a ball , defence cant play a ball , without hoofing it upfield, the only player in midfield is rogers who as improved every game, the best forwards in the league totaly wasted. who i dont think will be here next season.

eightiesrobin

Re: team
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 06:41:42 PM »

Can't argue with the number of goals conceded at set pieces, whether defenders or keeper ultimately at fault. I have to turn away each time we concede one. The defence is also very vulnerable to a quick break and run from oppo's midfield (Harrogate, BPA, Colwyn Bay, Worcester, Leek Town, Boston and Workington - that's just the games I have seen).

markecky

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 06:45:38 PM »

Coburn was left totally exposed yesterday by poor marking but Leather and Havern are two of the best centre halves in the league.  He also made 2 or 3 decent saves as he does most games.  Not sure what you have against him.

You know better than anyone if Walshaw will be here next season so can we take that as an official announcement?

I'd like to think we were more than a stop gap...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 06:58:55 PM by markecky »

GEOFF HOOLEY

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 07:12:48 PM »

i would worry more about wether reeves will be here. is he worth what he,s paid ?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 07:22:19 PM »

Anyone whose goalscoring matches a legend like Colin Little will do for me.
Come on Alty!

Trouty

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 07:58:06 PM »

Quite happy with the back 4 as it is.

We sometimes get caught out because we play too high up the pitch against teams looking to hit us on the break.

And we conceed from set pieces beacuse we have the entire team defending them so the opposition can send as many players as they want forward for them,
and alty players get in each others way.

GEOFF HOOLEY

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2014, 08:38:25 PM »

glad your happy with the back four, i bet the opposition is as well .

Jenga

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2014, 08:40:17 PM »

We leak goals from set pieces as we are in general smaller than the opposition. The overall height of the players of Telford showed that. The times I saw Griffin marking their tall number 9 was quite worrying.

bumble

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2014, 08:42:58 PM »

glad your happy with the back four, i bet the opposition is as well .

prior to yesterday we'd conceeded 3 goals the last 450 of football. We dealt with a long ball side in solhull by keeping the ball on the deck, but yesterday that didnt happen

The midfield has the problems.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2014, 08:58:40 PM »

FFS, there are two teams in this league that have conceded less goals than we have. The back four is not our problem, nor is Stuart Coburn. The midfield is our weakness and has been ever since Boshell left.
Come on Alty!

taxi Phil

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2014, 10:00:26 PM »

FFS, there are two teams in this league that have conceded less goals than we have. The back four is not our problem, nor is Stuart Coburn. The midfield is our weakness and has been ever since Boshell left.
Absolutely correct.....though I still feel we need a decent left back as well.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2014, 10:10:24 PM »

spot on ! Joint best goal difference as well
ParkINson's red and white army

brian1925

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2014, 10:12:39 PM »

Luca and Scott have been solid all season. A couple of lanky strikers at Telford give them a bit of grief and suddenly we have the worst defence in the league!!!
As others have said on countless threads, the lack of an adequate replacement for Boshell and the lack of any cover for the frequently injured Nicky is what's going to cost us.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2014, 12:28:17 AM »

i would worry more about wether reeves will be here. is he worth what he,s paid ?

In order to answer your question, I would need to know exactly what his salary comprises.

As you appear to be aware of this fact, would you care to enlighten us...?

« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 12:29:52 AM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2014, 12:33:34 AM »

i think its time to face facts, we have a defence who struggle at every set piece, coburn flaps like a penguin and cant catch a ball , defence cant play a ball , without hoofing it upfield, the only player in midfield is rogers who as improved every game, the best forwards in the league totaly wasted. who i dont think will be here next season.

If that last statement proves to be correct, then, I strongly suspect, neither will you......!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 team