News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gary Scott

Author Topic: Gary Scott  (Read 3509 times)

Jezza

Gary Scott
« on: April 27, 2008, 10:20:33 AM »

A great servant for Alty who has come all the way from the brink of Unibond non qualification to the conference.

Was absolutly gutted and distraught at scoring the own goal and getting sent off....

In my opinion was (repeat was) a better right back than Asa and never deserved dropping....since then injuries and chopping and changing from left wing to left back have dented Scotty's confidence.

He's a great character who loves Alty and in my opinion is a better player than we've seen in recent years. Scotty's worth having around for his character in the dressing room....he was a vital part in the team spirit cog that got us promoted in the first place.

If we got relegated to the East Cheshire scotty would stay where others would say "no way jose!"

I just thought I'd show my appreciation to Scotty and wish him a speedy return to the cheeky boy with an annoying gerbil grin happiness we are used to..

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Gary Scott
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 10:23:12 AM »

Agree Jeeza,nothing Scottie could have done about the own goal and he did not deserve the sending off
Harold

harv

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 10:26:00 AM »

he did raise an arm but it was mainly in defence but that ref was sh*te and it should have been a yellow unlucky scotty

RocketDan

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 10:51:55 AM »

. Scotty's worth having around for his character in the dressing room....he was a vital part in the team spirit cog that got us promoted in the first place.
and also the team that has seen three relegations in three seasons, does this, along with his less than impressive performances throughout the season suggest that he is not good enough for the BSP.

if we did stay up, it's time to move on. Not taking away what he has done, but he really cant cut the mustard at BSN.

Saying that if we are playing in the BSN come august i would expect him to still be at the club.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 11:17:24 AM »

In his post match interview he showed great integrity & dignity - a credit.

Mind, he was very close the the traditional Scouse "Dey don't do dat dere dough do dey!"

Jezza

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 11:21:04 AM »

Had we won and the camera had gone into our dressing room, scotty would be the first BSP player to pull a moon live on setanta!

Butty

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 11:27:20 AM »

Scotty looked abseloutly gutted when he was in the changing room after the sending off. Did not deserve to be sent off or score an og, but that's life. Scotty will stay at the club, and I would like him to stay on as a coach, just so he can be there to drive the team on.

Bear Town Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 11:56:09 AM »

Had we won and the camera had gone into our dressing room, scotty would be the first BSP player to pull a moon live on setanta!

Instead Asa was showing off his Y-Fronts! :o

Dougals Dad

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 05:09:55 PM »

Instead Asa was showing off his Y-Fronts! :o

Jennifer's mum enjoyed that!

Narcissist

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 07:59:59 PM »

If we got relegated to the East Cheshire scotty would stay where others would say "no way jose!"

Is GH being replaced by mourinho?

I knew he was holding out for a big job, but I never thought that Goodwin would prefer him over GH???

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2008, 08:59:50 PM »

Is GH being replaced by mourinho?

I knew he was holding out for a big job, but I never thought that Goodwin would prefer him over GH???

Perhaps the following quote from Mourinho appealed to Mister Goodwin?

“As we say in Portugal, they brought the bus and they left the bus in front of the goal. I would have been frustrated if I had been a supporter who paid £50 to watch this game because Spurs came to defend. There was only one team looking to win, they only came not to concede - it’s not fair for the football we played.”
- after a 0-0 draw with Tottenham Hotspur.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

bigedd

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2008, 09:13:51 PM »

SCOTTIE,  A True Legend, Chin up, see you next season, BSN OR BSP,
Great Effort by all the players, and the Greatest Fans, in NON-LEAGUE.
Following ALTY Is never EASY,Would,nt have it any-other way???
See you all next season.
Good luck           

Dougals Dad

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2008, 10:53:10 PM »

From John Laidlar's site:

"SCOTTY DESERVES SOME LUCK
 Spare a thought for Alty defender Gary Scott (right). Gary is the longest continuously serving member of the present squad, having made his Robins' debut in 2000. He has had a bad time with injuries in recent seasons and Saturday's game at Weymouth was his first league start in 2008. In his last televised game, away at Stevenage, he was unfortunate enough to be attributed the blame for at least one of the two goals by the Setanta TV commentators. So, when it was learnt that the Weymouth game would also be covered by Setanta it was to be hoped that he would enjoy better fortune. But an own goal and an early bath barely half an hour into the game on Saturday was very harsh on the popular Scouser. He could do little about the own goal, the ball being deflected on to him off a team-mate. And the sending off was very harsh - as the Setanta commentators pointed out - as his opponent went berserk and attacked him after a challenge but, as Gary admits, he made the mistake of raising his arms in retaliation. Gary (30) is just four matches from 400 appearances for Altrincham and, hopefully, he will reach his 400th game in more positive circumstances. He has given his heart and soul to the club for nearly eight years and deserves better!"

Hear hear
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gary Scott