PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Down at last
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Down at last  (Read 11602 times)

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Down at last
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2008, 11:10:11 PM »

we do always have a good march,as (for some reason) we always pick a sh*t manager but know when he is sh*t and replace him (maybe something to think about). you are always our rivals,anyone who says otherwise is talking rubbish. best of luck
[/quote]
Thanks for the real and proper sentiments Macc fan, real fans understand how these things feel, gloating about things like this helps no one and can only bite back, one day we will play each other again, hopefully soon in a decent league or competition.

Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

mtfc1

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2008, 11:11:20 PM »

each to their own mate. to me alty are our main rivals, the only team i detest (my dad told me too!). Because of this i want them round about where we are.  County are nothing, if you're too young to remember (in which case fair enough) or really drunk (again, fair enough)you dont realise what truly great rivalry we have against these boys.

we do laugh at them, they call us cu*ts,no problem with that. i'd love a proper derby again. stop making a fool of yourself

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2008, 11:15:05 PM »

mtfc1, I hope you are responding to your rather silly boy poster from Macc and not my comment otherwise you should read it again.

Actually rereading this after eleventeen pints I think you were, sorry, a bit stressy right now.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 11:18:41 PM by SW »

mtfc1

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2008, 11:17:48 PM »

mtfc1, I hope you are responding to your rather silly boy poster from Macc and not my comment otherwise you should read it again.

i'm responding to the d1ck mate not you!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2008, 11:19:09 PM »

I know see above!

mtfc1

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2008, 11:26:41 PM »

no problem, ignore them young un's from macc (bright future......dole, drugs etc!). How has tarzan done for you this season (tinno, looks like tarzan plays like jane as stuart hall once put it)?

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2008, 11:34:02 PM »

I think Tinno has played his last season at BSP level, I'll never slag any of our players who try and genuinely believe, we have had a few before. Tinno wasn't one of those to me, Keith Russell anyone.

mtfc1

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2008, 11:37:42 PM »

that bad? always used to be solid and despite his lack of pace, only ever mistakes that let him down (but going back about 6 years there)

« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 11:44:11 PM by mtfc1 »

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2008, 11:43:29 PM »

No not bad the guy is a giant but sadly this league has become so much more competitive in the last few seasons that it isn't a place a player can see out his last few years anymore.

I wonder how well our great sides of 79-82 would compete now. Likewise your grudgingy accepted side of 95-06?i

mtfc1

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2008, 11:48:54 PM »

instead of 95-06 for us you should read 95-00. since then we have just done enough with the odd signing like richie barker, rickie lambert, jon parkin making us just better than the norm. all other years we've just done ok no better!

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2008, 11:52:05 PM »

Serious question. Weren't Macc part-time when they won the Conference? If so the division has certainly changed out of all recognition since those days.

mtfc1

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2008, 11:57:09 PM »

yes mate,only went full time after promotion. I'm sure some players (Chris Byrne, John Askey etc) were on full time wages but officially you're correct. Massive difference to nowadays and I think they were better than some of the Sh1te on show nowadays but thats just the way things go unfortunately.

The Volunteer

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2008, 12:04:03 AM »

Pretty insipid rivalry from here mtfc1-
you are two leagues apart- as Vics may yet be from Witton-
at least Wrexham v Vics will see some real passion next season

mtfc1

« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2008, 12:11:17 AM »

occasional rivalry comes and goes The Volunteer. Real rivalry stays, I always look out for you lot,as I know Northwich aren't a proper football team you know neither are Stockport County. You are the only club i dislike (because of rivalry), yet know some fans in Weymouth right now who I am genuinely gutted for!

The Volunteer

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2008, 12:20:04 AM »

I always look out for you lot,as I know Northwich aren't a proper football team you know neither are Stockport County. You are the only club i dislike (because of rivalry)
eh???
I can only conclude you have a cosy Alty thing? (As I say, not much of a rvalry- esp when some of this lot slag your club off far and wide)   
That`s perfectly OK by me, cos we can stick to our little patch of Mid-Cheshire and what we`re good at-
stayin in the Conference.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Down at last