News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halifax lifeline?

Author Topic: Halifax lifeline?  (Read 3025 times)

Chubby NVFC

Halifax lifeline?
« on: April 26, 2008, 11:37:47 AM »

Thought you might be interested in this:

Debt-ridden Shaymen handed lifeline
Relegation-threatened Blue Square Premier side Halifax Town have been handed a lifeline with news that administrators have published their report on the club's books.
The report proposes that creditors receive 2.5p in the £ and if they agree to the proposal the way would be open for a consortium led by businessmen David Bosomworth and Bobby Ham, to takeover the club.
"This proposal represents an opportunity for the club to be put on a proper stable financial footing and for the creditors' to finally receive a dividend from the company towards the sums that they are owed," administrator Rod Sadler told Halifax Today.
However, Sadler went on to reveal that if the proposal was rejected, the club would most likely be forced to go into liquidation.
Bosomworth and Ham spent £400,000 trying to takeover the club before it went into administration and have vowed to keep the club afloat until it is made to be profitable.
"The consortium is prepared to support the club in the future whilst exploring alternative sources of income to reduce the trading deficiency which they will be required to fund for the forseeable future," Sadler added.
Meanwhile, Chris Wilder and his side play host to Stevenage Borough this weekend for the last match of the season.
The Shaymen are just two points clear of the dreaded drop zone and need just one point to secure the safety.

Unemployed Coalminer

Re: Halifax lifeline?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 11:40:40 AM »

Thanks, we hadn't noticed that was already on our official club website yesterday.

Chubby NVFC

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 11:43:36 AM »

Oops sorry, I don't read that, just your forum :-[.

RocketDan

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 12:12:21 PM »

The problem for Halifax is the Custome and Excise debt of £243,000,i dont think the tax man will accept two and ahalf pence in the pound on that.
Harold

malcolm

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 12:21:42 PM »

If you look at the list they owe 2 amounts to the customs and excise, I think this is not a typing mistake but one is Tax and the other VAT, so if your asking them to accept £12500 instead of £450 000 they will not, even with the threat off its that or nothing. At Northwich they refused all offers and would have closed the club down first before accepting 4p/£1. Halifax have major problems. Also I heard from someone who worked there 12 months ago that there is still an issue with debts to the ground, and yes the ground now is owned by the council but the debts are the clubs.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 12:37:48 PM »

I missed the second tax bill,i think you are quite correct they are in deep
Harold

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 04:38:04 PM »

Am I really missing the point or are my maths that bad
Halifax run up £2M debts and can have them wiped out by paying 2.5% which is £50,000
Then they can start from scratch again as if nothing happened ?
So they have money to build a new team but not pay existing debts ?
Also is there not a way that Crawley can be made to pay their debts - in particular my heart goes out to that Coach owner whose business is at risk because Crawley expect to be given services and not pay ?
What would the receiver of revenue say if I asked to have my income tax reduced to 2.5%
There seams to be a massive difference between what is morally wrong and what is legally wrong

Dougals Dad

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 05:16:09 PM »

The FA must get tougher.....

and pigs must fly alas!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halifax lifeline?