PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 This Time Next Season
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: This Time Next Season  (Read 7033 times)

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
This Time Next Season
« on: April 01, 2012, 11:30:32 PM »

You'll all be eating your words when our current management team guide us to promotion and a nice little cup run too. I honestly believe that.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Hamilton

Re: This Time Next Season
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 11:38:38 PM »

Good on you Clicky! A good, positive attitude like that is what we need - faith, belief etc - and if the board/management read it I suspect they would appreciate it.

John Crewe

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 11:48:46 PM »

You'll all be eating your words when our current management team guide us to promotion and a nice little cup run too. I honestly believe that.
ok Jonny fair enough - I respect your opinion

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 12:36:13 AM »

ok Jonny fair enough - I respect your opinion

Maybe one day I will respect yours, if you actually come across as balanced and lose the agenda.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 07:17:04 AM »

This time next season we will be millionares rodney
ParkINson's red and white army

bumble

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 10:02:38 AM »

15 is the number of points better off this season that Altrincham are, compared with the two other teams relegated from the Conference national division last season. Alty have 57, Histon and Eastbourne Borough have 42.

Its no excuse but, if all teams need a season to rebuild we're doing ok for a rebuilding season...

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 11:29:25 AM »

Must say I agree. None of us really thought we would do any better than 5th this year after the low ebb we were at, at end of last season. Things have been very positive this year lots of better football and goals to watch (not always at the right end). I would still rather be at the top end of BSN than another season of desperate struggle in BSP.

I firmly believe that whoever goes up will do well to survive in BSP even for one season as I cant see any who have the financial clout, maybe Guiseley could for a year or so or Hyde who have done ever so well.

If we can build on this season and get a decent defence we could win this league next year and go up much stronger and READY to do a Southport the year after!

Jenga

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 12:20:45 PM »

2 is the minimum number of years in the BSN.

bumble

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 12:27:22 PM »

Must say I agree. None of us really thought we would do any better than 5th this year after the low ebb we were at, at end of last season. Things have been very positive this year lots of better football and goals to watch (not always at the right end). I would still rather be at the top end of BSN than another season of desperate struggle in BSP.

I firmly believe that whoever goes up will do well to survive in BSP even for one season as I cant see any who have the financial clout, maybe Guiseley could for a year or so or Hyde who have done ever so well.

If we can build on this season and get a decent defence we could win this league next year and go up much stronger and READY to do a Southport the year after!

Halifax might have the finances to give it a go... They've all that FA Cup money

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 01:10:39 PM »

Chester,Chorley,Darlington,Kettering,FC United and Telford as promoted or relegated sides along with Halifax will all have far more clout than we will.As will Guiseley if they stay down this year.

bumble

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 01:16:57 PM »

Chester,Chorley,Darlington,Kettering,FC United and Telford as promoted or relegated sides along with Halifax will all have far more clout than we will.As will Guiseley if they stay down this year.

Chorley and FCUM can't both come up, and it might be Vics or BPA joining us

Darlo won't be much if they're forced to stay in the arena - and I'm not sure they  will survive this season

As much as it'll be a harder league, let's not be making our excuses now...

Clubs like Blackpool have shown what team spirit can do

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 01:33:18 PM »

Ok we'll wait until the end of march to role them out, like this season..

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2012, 01:52:51 PM »

Must say I agree. None of us really thought we would do any better than 5th this year after the low ebb we were at, at end of last season.

Hmm, I think there might be a little rewriting of history going on here. I'm sure plenty of people would have thought that it was possible to finish 4th/3rd and having seen the quality of the league I'm not sure they were too far off. Improved home form since the New Year and fewer silly results against teams in the bottom third would have seen us quite comfortably in the play-offs.

This league isn't great and it looks like we will fail to be in the top quarter of teams, this is a disappointing season.

That doesn't mean the manager should go or all the players are awful, it just means that we haven't done as well as we should this season. There's no shame in admitting it and there is little value in pretending that failing to get in the play-offs is all part of some grand plan.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

markecky

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2012, 02:08:51 PM »

Ok we'll wait until the end of march to role them out, like this season..

When people started booing home draws at the start of the season it was always going to come this.

When its unacceptable to contemplate a draw then this manager or the next manager doesn't really stand a chance.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2012, 04:28:03 PM »

Must say I agree. None of us really thought we would do any better than 5th this year after the low ebb we were at, at end of last season.

Hmm, I think there might be a little rewriting of history going on here. I'm sure plenty of people would have thought that it was possible to finish 4th/3rd and having seen the quality of the league I'm not sure they were too far off. Improved home form since the New Year and fewer silly results against teams in the bottom third would have seen us quite comfortably in the play-offs.

This league isn't great and it looks like we will fail to be in the top quarter of teams, this is a disappointing season.

That doesn't mean the manager should go or all the players are awful, it just means that we haven't done as well as we should this season. There's no shame in admitting it and there is little value in pretending that failing to get in the play-offs is all part of some grand plan.

Superb post, Jimmy.

As this season has unfolded, it has become clear that finishing in 4th or 5th spot was eminently attainable, especially if our glaring defensive deficiencies had been successfully addressed.

Alas, that prospect is now looking rather remote, hence the frustration at our probable underachievement amongst some supporters.

I really do fear that we have squandered a great chance to secure a play-off position, particularly in light of Damien Reeves' phenomenal contribution.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 04:33:57 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 This Time Next Season