News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Triallists

Author Topic: Triallists  (Read 3963 times)

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Triallists
« on: February 01, 2012, 10:44:06 PM »

Sinnott is running the rule over versatile defender Mark Lynch and striker John Miles, who have been training with Alty after being released by Stockport.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

taxi Phil

Re: Triallists
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 11:07:38 PM »

Miles was useful at Macclesfield some years ago, but the goals seemed to dry up when he moved to Accrington, and Wikipedia reckons County released him because they couldn't afford his wages. Doesn't sound like a potential Robin to be honest.

Lynch appears to be a very unlucky footballer, what with injury on his debut for Hull, and sending off on his return from that injury. I notice he played for United against Deportivo in 2003. Have we ever had a player who's appeared in a Champions League fixture ? !

Hamilton

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 11:15:56 PM »

Miles was useful at Macclesfield some years ago, but the goals seemed to dry up when he moved to Accrington, and Wikipedia reckons County released him because they couldn't afford his wages. Doesn't sound like a potential Robin to be honest.

Lynch appears to be a very unlucky footballer, what with injury on his debut for Hull, and sending off on his return from that injury. I notice he played for United against Deportivo in 2003. Have we ever had a player who's appeared in a Champions League fixture ? !

Did Sam Hewson ever play in  a Champs League game?

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 11:20:24 PM »

he was on the bench against Roma but did not come on
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 11:25:57 PM »

Sam Hewson: what a disappointment he turned out to be! Had really high hopes when we signed him but he never really lived up to his billing. You don't make the bench for United in the Champions League if you haven't got shedloads of ability so where did it all go wrong for him? As far as I'm aware he's currently without a club when you would think he should be reaching the peak of his career. What a terrible waste!
Come on Alty!

RocketDan

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 11:28:18 PM »

i'd have him back, he might do ok in the league given a bit more time on the ball.

in answer to the question, i'm guessing Ken McKenna and Matthew Berkley both played in the champions league with TNS, albeit the qualifying rounds.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 11:30:32 PM by RocketDan »

taxi Phil

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 11:33:40 PM »

Sam Hewson is playing in Iceland for Fram Reykjavik, and was apparently instrumental in saving them from relegation ! He is under contract till the end of this year.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 11:34:08 PM »

I have no doubt that Lee Sinnott will now be casting an eye over planning for next season already and he might think that he can work with them both or they are local and free either way we should trust his judgement.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 11:43:16 PM »

ask county fans if they rate them, wouldhave preferred to see mcccan , a left back on trial

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 12:18:09 AM »

It doesnt matter whether County fans rate them or not, fanks can be fickle. Lets just let Lee does job.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 12:19:08 AM »

I have seen one this season.......Kyle Wilson.

Bangor City v HJK Helsinki last July.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 12:19:34 AM »

Have we ever had a player who's appeared in a Champions League fixture ? !

/b]

Phil,

Forgive me if I am rambling incoherently here.....but didn't Sammy Ayorinde play in the Champions League for the Austrian club Sturm Graz?

Brian Flynn will be able to refute or corroborate this notion.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 03:48:48 PM »

Alex Stepney played in the European Cup Final

Does that count ?

taxi Phil

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 09:11:05 PM »

Alex Stepney played in the European Cup Final

Does that count ?
I suppose, if we stretch a point..............
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Triallists