News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Greetings Alty Fans

Author Topic: Greetings Alty Fans  (Read 2625 times)

happytorq

Greetings Alty Fans
« on: September 09, 2007, 09:00:42 PM »

Torquay United fan here. Actually rather enjoying being in this division; following all the turmoil at my club over the last 3 seasons it's great to have a functioning club again. Anyway, I'm trying to gauge the reaction of other BSP team fans about my lot; I remember Oxford's attitude last season, they seemed to think they were better than everyone else, and i for one was pleased when the didn't go up. Anyway, I'd like to think that the perception of Torquay is different - we know we're in the division on merit (or lack of) and it annoys the hell out of most us when one or two of our fans try to make out we shouldn't be here.

I have actually seen Alty play, once, a long time ago - I went to university in Lancaster and in 1997/98 Altrincham went to the Giant Axe and I think, (although I'm not certain) they won 1-0, thanks to a penalty.

Anyhoo, that's all I have to say right now ; look forward to our meeting on December 8th, I love visiting unfamiliar grounds. Give me a cold tuesday evening at a windswept football outpost over watching the boring champions league on telly anyday!

altyf

Re: Greetings Alty Fans
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 09:38:37 PM »

Exactly the way I think about a quaint non league ground instead of overpaid b*stards in champions league....very fresh to hear such realistic and sensible views from another club on here for a change...i'd much rather you won the league than Oxford...but based on Saturday, Oxford definitely wont make the play-offs...if your looking for views on our performances, the general feeling is this.....we were handed a very tough start...oxford aldershot and exeter obviously tough, halifax had one of the best home records last season plus forest green and grays were dark horses for many people his season.....our performances were poor against grays and second half of exeter, but york halifax stafford and aldershot were very good performances and we dont really deserve to only have 3 points...7 would be fair...against oxford we were good and they were half the team they were last season but we just couldnt hang onto the draw and 3-1 was ridiculously harsh!

Overall, the thing that seems to be making everyone ponder is why we havnt won yet...the problem, bizarrely is that we cant put our finger on why we havnt won...hopefully that will change when we start to play some relegation battlers!!!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 09:43:02 PM by Mausoleum »

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 06:50:19 AM »

Torquay being in non league football,Living in Exeter need i say more,no only joking, i have worked with a big gulls fan for years,and i do mean BIg (Leigh)6'3'' of him and build like a side of a house,when we worked together and i used to wind him up over Torquay he used to lean on me and that was it i could not move.I for one was glad to see Torquay in this league purely selfish reasons,its another game i can go to down here,Exeter Torquay and Weymouth,I was hoping to have made Salisbury as well but am working.When you got relegated i asked Leigh for directions to Plainmore i did get told where to go,but then he relised i was not takeing the mick.
Harold

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 08:29:18 AM »

I think the general perception is that you've prepared for the adjustment a lot better thatn some other clubs have, a conference manager who knows the division (unlike say Jim Smith) and signed players who are good standard conference ones, i.e. Tim Sills didn't score a great deal in league 2 for Hereford but he did in the conference for Aldershot. So I'd say so far you look a good bet for the play offs.

worcester robin

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 11:48:19 AM »

torquay fan you have had a start to dream for but it will get alot harder tough away games at burton and kidderminster in next few weeks and you aint played stevenage yet(hope setanta show that one)hope you enjoy your trip to moss lane but not to much.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Greetings Alty Fans