PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 SC**thorpe Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: SC**thorpe Match Thread  (Read 9714 times)

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: SC**thorpe Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2023, 09:42:28 PM »

How on earth can we go from easily dispatching Woking and Barnet, to this?

I have my ticket for Saturday but really fear the worse.

What does the keeper need to do to get dropped?

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2023, 09:43:41 PM »

For the love of God, what the hell was that>

How many times have s=we wasted a decent 1st half this season?

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2023, 09:50:44 PM »

Have we got any injury worries? I know we've got plenty of other worries. Saturday's looking far more iffy now.

Strong summer needed

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2023, 09:52:45 PM »

Keeeeepppeeerrrsss

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2023, 09:53:46 PM »

The change from Solihull is really quite spectacular.

finnquark1

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2023, 09:56:24 PM »

Playoffs were never really realistic, in my view, because we're so inconsistent. What I'm hoping will come out of recent games in the appropriate ruthlessness in the summer  because I fail to see how our management team can be watching these games and drawing any other conclusion. 3 clean sheets and the last of those vs Oldham in October. A bottom 4 goals against record. Etc. Appreciating that some of our openness is a consequence of our style of play, that's clearly not good enough if we ever want to be a stable top 10/playoff chasing side. Hopefully it will all happen.

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2023, 09:56:50 PM »

How on earth can we go from easily dispatching Woking and Barnet, to this?

I have my ticket for Saturday but really fear the worse.

What does the keeper need to do to get dropped?

Those two lost to Oldham and dorking tonight so maybe not the stellar results we thought they were. Performance was miles apart though

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2023, 10:00:16 PM »

Better team in the first half but devoid of any sort of cutting edge when we reached their penalty area.

By contrast, that second-half performance was utterly abject.

When on earth is there going to be some accountability for goalkeeping errors and our recurrent inability to defend corners?

You really do fear the worst if York City were to score first on Saturday.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2023, 10:11:34 PM »

Predictable I’m afraid. Had them on the back foot for much of the first half but just like Yeovil last Tuesday we went to pieces after HT, aided by Byrne pushing out a fairly tame looking shot for a Scunny tap in. They looked a poor side & easy to see why they are down there, I’d still be surprised if they get out of it.

For us though that’s 65 conceded now & with 10 games left I imagine that will top out somewhere around the early to mid 80s. That’s clearly not sustainable looking to next season. Byrne has to go for me, simply not good enough & the body language of our defenders suggests they agree. Is there something wider though, set pieces so important in this league (look at Wrexham) & we look like conceding off them all the time. I love our brand of football but unless it’s married with a bit more steel we will be going backwards.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2023, 10:15:36 PM »

We really must play Gould on Saturday.
I don't know what else to say.
Apart from a winger on each side of Lundstram and Marriott, and two up front.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2023, 10:30:52 PM »

Their manager changed the game in the second half. We didn't have a plan B. Big mistake by Ollie for the first. We had three players on the guy who made the cross though. Second one was debatable.

Was Linney rested. I hope so!

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2023, 10:43:24 PM »

On Twitter while the Forum was out of action, Jordan Hulme was in favour of "letting it die because it's full of negativity".

Well here's a positive if you read this - we were positively dreadful tonight, and I don't think a single player emerged from that debacle with one ounce of credit.

It's hard to pick on individuals (other than the inept Byrne) amongst such a morass of sh*te, but I'm willing to drive Cashman back to Coventry at my own expense.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2023, 11:01:16 PM »

I wondered what the Hulme reference elsewhere was about.
I think this forum is quite positive on the whole certainly not as negative as others are (or would be in similar circumstances)
For me, it's a vital link to like minded Alty fans (and saves Mrs S going deaf or leaving me!) 😉 😂
Long live the Forum!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2023, 04:48:44 AM »

On Twitter while the Forum was out of action, Jordan Hulme was in favour of "letting it die because it's full of negativity".

Well here's a positive if you read this - we were positively dreadful tonight, and I don't think a single player emerged from that debacle with one ounce of credit.

It's hard to pick on individuals (other than the inept Byrne) amongst such a morass of sh*te, but I'm willing to drive Cashman back to Coventry at my own expense.
I think he wrote it on the back of his first 3 back to back games where he put in a bit of graft for a long time .
Come on you red and white........

andrewflynn

« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2023, 08:07:17 AM »

It’s only a fortnight since Barnet where it was all hugs and handshakes with these lads, so as poor a result as it is I’m not going to slate them for it.

In the first half I thought we were much more like ourselves and I was convinced we’d go on and win it fairly comfortably, but for a howler that seemed to suck the enthusiasm and drive out of all the players, not just the keeper. I can accept a loss to anyone in this league but that attitude in the second half simply wasn’t good enough and is the part that I will have a pop at. Too many of them were sulking with their heads down looking defeated with 20 minutes to go.

Like I say, I’m not overly fussed about the result because in the grand scheme of 2022/23 it’s going to be neither here nor there. Our season is going to be decided on whether we can get bounce back properly on Saturday and I just hope that if we’re faced with a bit of adversity again, we don’t crumble like we have done the past two games - we showed against Woking and Barnet that we’re perfectly capable of doing so.

Big job for the management to get them right mentally now. We aren’t suddenly a bad team, get right behind them on Saturday.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 SC**thorpe Match Thread