PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 SC**thorpe Match Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: SC**thorpe Match Thread  (Read 9724 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
SC**thorpe Match Thread
« on: March 05, 2023, 02:11:06 PM »

A blessing we play Tuesday, gives us an opportunity to move on from Saturdays disaster before Throphy game.

Gould

Welsh-Hayes Jones Baines. Jones

Marriott.     Lundstram

Hulme.      Bennett.      Sinclair

Linney

This won't be the team that starts, but it would be mine
Full time and proud of it

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: SC**thorpe Match Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2023, 03:10:16 PM »

Agree with the above.
Need more threat in the 10 position. Maxi has struggled in the last 2 games.
I know he hasn't been playing but Perrit did not impress yesterday so defo would start Miles, if fit.
Jones comes back in being fully match fit over Kyle.
I know we should be starting our best 11, but I am worried about either Lundstram or Marriott picking up an injury. We would be in a right pickle if one or even both were injured for York.
Also, with Hulme the only available striker next Sat, unless he uses Hugill then we need to protect him aswell.
Still missing another natural and pacey winger, PP doesn't fancy Gyasi.

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2023, 03:43:54 PM »

I’d play maxi over bennet. Not sure where he was playing yesterday. Was he really at 10? With osbourne behind him he kept getting dragged backwards or he was supposed to be behind osbourne at 10 and kept pushing forwards.

Agree with the rest though assuming all fit, including keeper but I think Gould is out on loan isn’t he?

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2023, 03:44:31 PM »

I suppose it's the wrong thing to say but can't help thinking of the game after. I'd take a loss in this game for a win at York but I know that's not how it works.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2023, 07:02:57 PM »

I think Gould in net is fair. Also agree with the team at the head of this thread. Perritt and Ferguson are basically in their pre-season at the moment.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2023, 07:18:58 PM »

I’d play maxi over bennet. Not sure where he was playing yesterday. Was he really at 10? With osbourne behind him he kept getting dragged backwards or he was supposed to be behind osbourne at 10 and kept pushing forwards.

Agree with the rest though assuming all fit, including keeper but I think Gould is out on loan isn’t he?

Gould's loan was retracted after just over a week. He's been on the bench in the last few games.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2023, 07:23:36 PM »

We started Cashman no.10, Osborne out left with Lundstram and Maxi CM.
Then went Cashman out wide, Maxi no.10 and Osborne back in CM. We looked better, but Osborne was a passenger most of the game.
We are such a weaker team when Lundstram and Marriott aren't together. Praying they get through Tues.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2023, 07:57:48 PM »

It's a tough one to call with Perritt and Ferguson - on the one hand you could argue we're marooned in mid-table and might as well get them up to speed, but then surely you do that once they've trained with their team mates at the very least.

Sounds as if we compromised ourselves at Wealdstone by accommodating Cashman, who can only play at 10; given Maxi can't play on the wing, Osborne had to do so by default, with Maxi slotting in alongside Josh.

Against Solihull we were great with Osborne alongside Marriott (as indeed they were in the second half of last season).

I'd go back to that, with Maxi at 10, Josh at right back... and Cashman nowhere to be seen.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 08:01:10 PM by MarpleAlty »

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2023, 08:28:37 PM »

It's a tough one to call with Perritt and Ferguson - on the one hand you could argue we're marooned in mid-table and might as well get them up to speed, but then surely you do that once they've trained with their team mates at the very least.

Sounds as if we compromised ourselves at Wealdstone by accommodating Cashman, who can only play at 10; given Maxi can't play on the wing, Osborne had to do so by default, with Maxi slotting in alongside Josh.

Against Solihull we were great with Osborne alongside Marriott (as indeed they were in the second half of last season).

I'd go back to that, with Maxi at 10, Josh at right back... and Cashman nowhere to be seen.

Our midfield needs to be Marriott and Lundstram. Without doubt our strongest midfield partnership.
Osborne has done well, but we should not be accomodating him to play Lundstram at RB. That would be madness.
We have Miles or Perritt for RB
Even when Osborne plays well he does not influence games. He can't cover the ground those two can.
We desperately need another winger, may now have to wait until next season to find that player.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2023, 08:31:22 PM »

Scunny need snookers to stay up, so should be plenty of opportunities for us to get at them on the counter as draws are no good to them now. My big concern is that they seem a big and physical side in terms of who they’ve signed under their new boss, so lots of balls slung into our box and we all know what that means. I suspect York will be similar in terms of long throws & playing off John-Lewis so Jones & Baines are going to have to protect Byrne as best they can.

Need to bounce back after yesterdays blip & put a marker down for the FAT, I’d take a draw & us playing more like our normal selves.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2023, 09:29:42 PM »

Our midfield needs to be Marriott and Lundstram. Without doubt our strongest midfield partnership.
Osborne has done well, but we should not be accomodating him to play Lundstram at RB. That would be madness.
We have Miles or Perritt for RB
Even when Osborne plays well he does not influence games. He can't cover the ground those two can.
We desperately need another winger, may now have to wait until next season to find that player.

Of course it's our strongest midfield partnership - and I'm not suggesting we play Lundstram at RB simply to accommodate Osborne - it's because Welch-Hayes isn't fit, and Perritt clearly needs more time to train with his new team mates.

A midfield duo of Osborne and Marriott (not Osborne and Lundstram) has proven in the past to be effective enough and hold decent balance - not least against Solihull where all three were excellent in their respective positions.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 09:31:20 PM by MarpleAlty »

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2023, 09:39:04 PM »

MUST play our strongest team and just hope we get no injuries.

My Scunny fan friend says that James Dean - the Scunny manager, not the dead actor! - is "Tactically out of his depth!"
We must be patient as they will make mistakes.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2023, 10:42:16 PM »

My Scunny fan friend says that James Dean - the Scunny manager, not the dead actor! - is "Tactically out of his depth!"
Agree JD, strongest team available should be played every game

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2023, 02:05:41 PM »

Agree JD, strongest team available should be played every game

Always in the league, cup and trophy. The csc, p'raps not.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2023, 02:47:16 PM »

Although I basically agree, I'd still like to win the senior cup. We shouldn't need to play the full first eleven vs Runcorn should we?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 SC**thorpe Match Thread