PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Young Out.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Young Out.  (Read 54400 times)

Mausoleum Alty

Re: Young Out.
« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2016, 11:02:53 AM »

For those who don't understand the concept, we can now re invest our additional food and bar revenue into the playing squad. If we had poured all our money at the time into the playing squad it would be long gone and we would have even less money week to week.

I totally understand the concept,I'm not thick but if we had invested a bit into the playing squad perhaps we wouldn't be relegation fodder in Conference North! Also I'm not sure much is getting re invested into the playing squad at present unless NY has decided to bring a load of sh*t in for a laugh?!

GB Alty

« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2016, 11:06:31 AM »

For those who don't understand the concept, we can now re invest our additional food and bar revenue into the playing squad. If we had poured all our money at the time into the playing squad it would be long gone and we would have even less money week to week.
so why has the playing budget been so drastically slashed if the community hall is such a cash generator for us? Where the money going, because it isn't going into the team?

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2016, 11:14:31 AM »

I don't know the ins and outs of every aspect of the club's finances. My statement is simply that the CSH is a long term asset and money maker for the club. You yourself have praised it in the past Meat Ball.

IMO, Young is running too big a squad to assure quality, hence the current state of the squad.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

View from the middle

« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2016, 11:15:34 AM »

If you are asking which other clubs would invest money in building a facility which makes the club more income over a longer period of time then the answer is: a lot.

Aside from the community aspect, the CSH has improved club income streams massively because of the better bar and food preparation facilities. Club volunteers know how much extra money it is making this club.

I'm sick of people slagging it off just because the first team is sh*t.
[/quote]

Maybe they slag it off because their view from the seat they have sat in for x number of years in the main stand is restricted to only 2/3 of the pitch. Yet another way to p*ss off the paying punters. It won't make the club more income over a longer period if there are no fans to use it

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2016, 11:15:47 AM »

With the number of players now in the squad money is going on players not sure if those who have signed but don't play get paid.

View from the middle

« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2016, 11:31:05 AM »

If the CSH is making money and it's being re-invested into the playing squad what is the need for the 'spare change' collections at half time? And whoever is in charge of re-investing the money into the playing squad is awful at their job

GB Alty

« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2016, 11:41:35 AM »

People are getting nostalgic about ex managers and ex players, I gather most people on here didn't see it take last years shower of sh*t 3 and a half hours to scrape past a southern league side in the FAT. The form after Christmas was abysmal, and we need to move forward not backwards. The management needs to stop over complicating things, sign an adult keeper and just play a 4-4-2 with a winger or two, and get a settled side and some continuity. Appreciate hannigans injury has come at a bad bad time but just get a back four (yesterday's) and let them play together at least until Hannigan is fit. Use Charlton and or menegh as wide men, it's a simple game at this level. I can Guarantee if they play

Patterson--Cyrus---Heathcote--sumner

Menagh----Moult---Goodhall------Charlton/BHC
........................Reeves...Lawrie/Bell

They'd beat curzon next Saturday

you sure about that? It's pretty bold to be gauranteeing wins at the moment?

I don't share your optimism, Curzon are a far better side than us

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2016, 12:11:07 PM »

Yes, play a proper 4-4-2 formation instead of this narrow nonsense and we'd win

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2016, 01:09:20 PM »

[/quote]

I don't share your optimism, Curzon are a far better side than us
[/quote]

Based on what?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

brinners

« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2016, 01:12:11 PM »

100% agree with that team. Outside those 12 players and the 2 injured ones + Cain (that's 15 players), I'd be looking at getting rid of the other 10 asap and bringing in a proper adult keeper and proper experienced centre back cover for a month as a matter of some urgency.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2016, 01:33:10 PM »

100% agree with that team. Outside those 12 players and the 2 injured ones + Cain (that's 15 players), I'd be looking at getting rid of the other 10 asap and bringing in a proper adult keeper and proper experienced centre back cover for a month as a matter of some urgency.

Richman and Densmore are contracted (I think) ............so 17
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

GB Alty

« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2016, 01:45:17 PM »

Yes, play a proper 4-4-2 formation instead of this narrow nonsense and we'd win
I think your gloriously missing the point that the players aren't good enough whatever formation we play

We're an evostick team at best

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2016, 01:59:55 PM »

We need to get rid of more than 10 players! Out of the 12 mentioned in that line up I don't think Menagh,Charlton or BHC are good enough. I'm prepared to give Sumner more than one game but he didn't convince me yesterday.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2016, 02:04:54 PM »

We need to get rid of more than 10 players! Out of the 12 mentioned in that line up I don't think Menagh,Charlton or BHC are good enough. I'm prepared to give Sumner more than one game but he didn't convince me yesterday.

if they are contract , then they cant just be released
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 02:19:26 PM by Timperley The Best »

GB Alty

« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2016, 02:06:34 PM »

if they are contract , then they can just be released
so we f**ked then
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Young Out.