Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 From Eastbournes "one post a week" forum...

Author Topic: From Eastbournes "one post a week" forum...  (Read 3051 times)

markecky

« on: February 20, 2010, 05:29:28 PM »

";D what a draw!!! I loved every second of today's game & am chuffed with the draw. We had passion, matt smart was like a new man & definately my man of the match today, we have 3 good substitutions which took us to the draw and I enjoyed the football. As ever with that particular ref there were moments of pantomime & I personally don't think he's fit to blow a whistle & the 4th official was too busy hooking up a date with the altringham coach to notice we needed a ball - but even yet more poor officiating can't take away from what a great afternoon it was. Well done Borough!!!!!"

Lets hope he isn't saying that the ref cost them anything with a mystery pen and then an odd disallowed goal.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 05:36:01 PM by markecky »

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: From Eastbournes "one post a week" forum...
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 07:09:33 PM »

I couldn't say for sure whether Senior was offside or not for the disallowed goal. However, I would say the ref was very fussy for both sides at times and didn't allow the game to flow very well. Their first goal was a gift and it totally derailed us for the first half hour with lots of nervous kicking from Saunders and very scrappy play in general. We played some neat stuff at times in the second half and Nicky Clee was excellent. I would say that neither side quite stamped their authority on the game enough to win it and on that basis a draw was fair. However, if we hadn't giftwrapped them the early goal we'd probably have taken maximum points.

I'll take 4 points from that little double header, now onto Gateshead and another good chance to pick up some points.

Come on Alty!

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 08:51:16 PM »

I thought we slightly edged it though a draw maybe was a fair result in not a fantastic game.
The first two goals were defensive howlers. Senior's was well executed, and the celebration even better.
From where I was stood I couldnt judge if Senior was offside for a third goal or could I see an infringment for the penalty. I found the penalty decision very strange considering that the ref allowed our forwards and midfield players to be pulled, tugged, kicked and pushed at nearly every challenge right from the very start. I was talking to an Eastbourne sub warming up when Robbie Lawton was fouled by a 2 footed challenge and we both thought it would be a Red card, though some Alty fans didnt agree with us. Man of the match was Senior. Worse man on the pitch was the Referee and I agree with the Eastbourne fan, although he cost us points an not them, plus he ruined what could have been a good game.

Narcissist

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 09:48:29 PM »

";D what a draw!!! I loved every second of today's game & am chuffed with the draw. We had passion, matt smart was like a new man & definately my man of the match today, we have 3 good substitutions which took us to the draw and I enjoyed the football. As ever with that particular ref there were moments of pantomime & I personally don't think he's fit to blow a whistle & the 4th official was too busy hooking up a date with the altringham coach to notice we needed a ball - but even yet more poor officiating can't take away from what a great afternoon it was. Well done Borough!!!!!"

Lets hope he isn't saying that the ref cost them anything with a mystery pen and then an odd disallowed goal.

It says something about how far weve come when an opposition fan is worlds most enthusiastic about drawing at home with alty.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 09:54:36 PM »

I wouldn't mind but it wasn't exactly a great game! They must have seen some right dross at Eastbourne this season if that ranked as exciting.
Come on Alty!

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 10:35:45 AM »

I would say that neither side quite stamped their authority on the game

Well Matt Smart - their man of the match - certainly stamped his authority on Robbie Lawton. Shocking challenge.

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 10:40:53 AM »

Not surprised they don't post on their forum. They don't sing either.
Their support seems to consist almost entirely of that stupid board banging. I only remember them singing two songs .... one was the "We're proud of you" to Matt Smart while Robbie was still being treated for Smart's knee-high attack on him. And the other was the almost inaudible and hopefully ironic rendidtion of "Can you hear the Alty sing?".
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team