PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Seven points offf the play offs
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Seven points offf the play offs  (Read 10183 times)

eightiesrobin

Re: Seven points offf the play offs
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2015, 11:13:19 PM »

Lee said before the season, let's roll the dice and see where it takes us.

A small squad, no loan players and now you are seeing the benefits of stability and keeping faith with players who have the ability even though not always showing it.

Where are those moaners when you need them?

Pretty sure this is aimed at me. Sorry I couldn't reply earlier, I was in Eastleigh watching a football match.

My mate (a Southampton fan) said, after the second, that it was bit of a mugging. I couldn't really disagree, and for long periods, we looked a bit like a non-league team playing above themselves against (on paper) classier opposition.  They had a hell of a lot of possession, forced maybe 25 corners and if they'd shot earlier on a  few occasions, probably would have scored a couple.  Who cares though, it was a really hard-earned 3 points, and we have been on the wrong end of a few games like that this season. Well done all, it topped off an excellent weekend.

markecky

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2015, 11:41:45 PM »

Couldn't make it today due to family commitments but would certainly have gone if I could, full credit to those that went from where ever you set off from, looks like a great turnout and you got your rewards.

I'm not one for knowing a lot about opposition players and names but I know about 80% of the Eastleigh squad. That tells me all I need to know about the talent they have down there, luckily it's managed by a clown.  Heard today that last year there wage bill was £20k a week and that was before the likes of James Constable joined the "project".  For us to take our part time lads all the way down there and get a result like that is credit to all of them and the management.

Lee Sinnott has stuck by his players and shown a lot of faith in them when a lot of people on here (including me at times)  wanted people shipped out and loans brought it.

They are now repaying him big time and let's hope that continues.

I'd still like to get a couple in if we could (with Wilko and Mike Williams leaving) to keep us pushing on.

Aside from the below par Nunny game coupled with a standout goalkeeper, it's been quite a festive period.

Well done to all.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2015, 12:48:36 AM »

A small squad, no loan players and now you are seeing the benefits of stability and keeping faith with players who have the ability even though not always showing it.

Pretty sure this is aimed at me. Sorry I couldn't reply earlier, I was in Eastleigh watching a football match.

My mate (a Southampton fan) said, after the second, that it was bit of a mugging. I couldn't really disagree, and for long periods, we looked a bit like a non-league team playing above themselves against (on paper) classier opposition.  They had a hell of a lot of possession, forced maybe 25 corners and if they'd shot earlier on a  few occasions, probably would have scored a couple.  Who cares though, it was a really hard-earned 3 points, and we have been on the wrong end of a few games like that this season. Well done all, it topped off an excellent weekend.

I can see why your mate might have thought it was a bit of a mugging.

However, the way I saw it was that we knew exactly what Eastleigh were going to do and just dealt with it. Their game plan didn't progress past long diagonals knocking it into their strikers who played with their backs to goal.

Once you know that's what's going to happen you're aware that you need to block shots and be solid in the air and that's what we did. Coburn had two saves to make.

It might have been a mugging but it was a bloody well planned one.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2015, 12:58:48 AM »

The moaners are on a train back from Eastleigh are you?

;D

One of my favourite posts for a while...
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2015, 09:17:25 AM »

Is it only me that believes we can reach playoffs

Its certainly possible, but unlikely as we have played more games that most teams around us and our Goal Difference really lets us down.

If we can finish comfortably top half, that would be amazing for our first season after promotion, allowing the club to strengthen the team further with a view to having a proper push for the play offs in the next season or so. The club is well run, the manager is established and (apart from cup games) seems to be the right dude for this particular gig, we have a solid fan base. The future looks good at the moment.

GB Alty

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2015, 09:49:12 AM »

Is it only me that believes we can reach playoffs
possible but unlikely, still a lot of teams between us and the play off's and most have games in hand on us (some 4 games in hand)

However if we win most of our remaining games you never know!!!

Jimmy

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2015, 10:20:31 AM »

We won't make the playoffs easily to good Togo down therefore forme Saturday is biggest game of the season

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2015, 10:45:53 AM »

We won't make the playoffs easily to good Togo down therefore forme Saturday is biggest game of the season

Agreed, I would say in theory that we are one of the favourites to win the trophy given who is left but our cup form worries me.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2015, 11:23:50 AM »

Perform anywhere near as well as we have in our last two away games then I think we will be in the hat in one form or other. The pitch at Aggborough worries me. Glad the worcester game was called off yesterday and that there's no football on it between now and saturday

taxi Phil

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2015, 11:52:24 AM »

I'd love a crack at the playoffs, but I shall have to don my "Laughing Pessimist" hat.

The majority of the clubs above us have between 1 and 4 games in hand on us. If we were to beat Torquay we would have to do so 10-0 to move above them. The only team above us that I genuinely feel we might pass are Braintree.

Of those below us, I'd be amazed if Wrexham didn't pass us from 1 point behind with 4 games in hand. I don't genuinely fear anybody else below us.

Conclusion ? Our current position of 15th is a good reflection of where we'll eventually finish. And I'll take that !!!!

Jimmy

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2015, 12:07:00 PM »

I seem to recall a few weeks backs when I said we would stay up easily so the trophy is more important that I must be on something

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2015, 02:59:39 PM »

It wasnt aimed at you specifically but I must admit Jimmy's and your reply made me laugh out loud. Fair play and thats what makes this forum so good at times.

You dont need to know what I was doing yesterday, needless to say I was there in spirit.

What gets under my skin sometimes is the negativity when we lose and some fans just dont see the bigger picture. Look what stability is giving us all now, sheer enjoyment of seeing something grow and develope. I supported us home and away during the late 70's and early 80's (glory hunter I know) and the club is getting that feel back again. Long may it continue.

Jimmy

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2015, 03:16:03 PM »

Fair play mate just abit of banter

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2015, 03:32:16 PM »

Perform anywhere near as well as we have in our last two away games then I think we will be in the hat in one form or other. The pitch at Aggborough worries me. Glad the worcester game was called off yesterday and that there's no football on it between now and saturday

Its going to be breezy but not too much rain forecast for down here this week Pete. Maybe Kiddy could contact Worcester CC and borrow their Super Sopper.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Seven points offf the play offs