PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Southend
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Southend  (Read 4969 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Southend
« on: March 17, 2023, 09:50:44 PM »

Up for sale.
Selfishly, could be good for us as it's got to hit their morale? Late wages etc.
Surely it's got to work in our favour?
What do we think 🤔?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Southend
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2023, 11:19:14 PM »

As a friend,  who is a lapsed Southend supporter , has pointed out to me, once they started ensuring they paid their players, their form has dropped off!

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2023, 10:49:05 AM »

Are they still being stalked by HMRC?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2023, 11:00:28 AM »

They coughed up 1.4 million a couple of weeks ago but I think they're still running at a serious loss.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2023, 11:10:30 AM »

As a friend,  who is a lapsed Southend supporter , has pointed out to me, once they started ensuring they paid their players, their form has dropped off!

Don't know what I'm missing there but I would have thought it would have made for an improvement? Could be a coincidence I suppose but it suggests that there's even more going on there that the outside world doesn't know about which is unsettling and/or demotivating them?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2023, 10:13:28 AM »

Let's hope they're demotivated and unsettled on Saturday eh?

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2023, 06:44:54 PM »

Don't know what I'm missing there but I would have thought it would have made for an improvement? Could be a coincidence I suppose but it suggests that there's even more going on there that the outside world doesn't know about which is unsettling and/or demotivating them?
I think it's probably just an amusing coincidence, but as Ron Martin has borrowed money to pay off HMRC, I think the problem has just been kicked down the road to resurface in the future.
He has put the club up for sale but it remains to be seen what his conditions are for any bidders.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2023, 10:40:42 PM »

Let's hope they're demotivated and unsettled on Saturday eh?

Their record during March is five straight defeats, only two goals scored and seven conceded. They strike me as being pretty demotivated already.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2023, 09:49:23 AM »

Strikes me as being a similar scenario to when we found ourselves playing Solihull.

For that reason, I hope we go for the same positive 4231 but with Josh back in the middle, and Harry Perritt at right back.

I feel like they've almost been on too bad a run by now - you almost want to play teams on the start of that downward turn...

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2023, 09:53:04 AM »

Strikes me as being a similar scenario to when we found ourselves playing Solihull.

For that reason, I hope we go for the same positive 4231 but with Josh back in the middle, and Harry Perritt at right back.

I feel like they've almost been on too bad a run by now - you almost want to play teams on the start of that downward turn...

Agree here, tough game this and we need our best 11 starting, bit of rotation for Tuesday after.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2023, 10:28:37 AM »

Looking at the weather forecast for the next few days I hope the pitch inspection is arranged nice and early, like this afternoon perhaps.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2023, 11:25:14 AM »

Looking at the weather forecast for the next few days I hope the pitch inspection is arranged nice and early, like this afternoon perhaps.

Forecast isn't that bad, match should go ahead.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2023, 11:52:41 AM »

apart from the rain all day tomorrow, rain all day friday, and rain all day saturday it looks great!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2023, 12:02:12 PM »

apart from the rain all day tomorrow, rain all day friday, and rain all day saturday it looks great!
We must be looking at different forecasts..  ;D

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2023, 12:05:06 PM »

Forecast is intermittent showers all the way up to the game from now - one or two of which might be slightly heavier.

I was pleasantly surprised by a picture of the pitch the morning after the England C game, given what people were saying - you'd have expected it to be a mudbath.

Game should be fine, barring a dramatic change in the forecast for the worse.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Southend