PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tuesdays Games..we'll know by 9:35..
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tuesdays Games..we'll know by 9:35..  (Read 3621 times)

markecky

« on: March 12, 2011, 05:25:04 PM »

If you are one of the more positive people who'll still give it one more go in getting behind the lads on Tuesday...then I think we'll know if we have any chance after Tuesday game.

Altrincham v Forest Green, 19:45
Cambridge Utd v Luton, 19:45
Crawley Town v Hayes & Yeading, 19:45
Kettering v Histon, 19:45
Southport v Barrow, 19:45

We're all gloomy..especially I'm sure the lads and lasses who made it down to Newport but we have to keep supporting on Tuesday while we can.

Its up to the players now...

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesdays Games..we'll know by 9:35..
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 05:35:04 PM »

not wanting to sound too dispondant but I think our season was decided last tues night when we didnt get anything at Barrow

Still mathematically possible to survive but I fear in reality it is too late now

fuertes

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 05:38:23 PM »

not wanting to sound too dispondant but I think our season was decided last tues night when we didnt get anything at Barrow

Still mathematically possible to survive but I fear in reality it is too late now

I'm gutted about the last two results and fear we won't escape. However, I think that's overdoing it a touch. Mathematically poosible but too late implies needing 9 points from three games and a bit of a goal difference swing. We need to make up 6 points in 10 games.

We really must win the next two, four points as an absolute minimum, it's no good throwing the towel in yet.

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 05:46:51 PM »

I'll be there Tuesday and Saturday to sing up and support the team, despite the massive disappointment and the obvious dire straits. There is no alternative - I didn't just sign up for the good times. I agree though, 6 points minimum needed.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 06:14:15 PM »

i would take 4 points now

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 06:29:00 PM »

We cannot keep saying wed take a point etc, we have ten games left and need to win five of them at least,people can draw their own conclusions as to wether we will or not.We got ourselves in the unlikely position of getting out of jail with a fantastic run of results in january,we should have moved heaven and earth to make sure we built on that,but we havent,for numerous reasons/ practicalities.

Jenga

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 06:30:51 PM »

It is not whether it is mathematical or not, it is a case of we simply are not good enough, but yes I know what you are saying.

bumble

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 06:49:57 PM »

We aren't down yet - maybe I'm crazy - I still think we may stay up

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2011, 07:01:10 PM »

We need a direct appeal to ALL our supporters,sponsors, benifactors and whoever else to give what they can now to let us bring in three quality players for this ten games to stand any chance at all,a striker,a couple of quality midfielders, because as it stands as much as it pains me,i cannot see which 5 (minimum) games we are going to get 3 points from....

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2011, 08:15:31 PM »

I'll be there Tuesday and Saturday to sing up and support the team, despite the massive disappointment and the obvious dire straits. There is no alternative - I didn't just sign up for the good times. I agree though, 6 points minimum needed.

I dont think anyone on this forum has signed up for just the good times... I too will be there shouting for Alty Win lose or draw. In the BSP or BSN... I said what I said due to the fact that clubs around us will be picking up points from unlikely places during the run-in.

dunhamalty

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2011, 08:23:43 PM »

I am going to be there on Tuesday night, be there through the good times and the bad, thats what supporting a football team is about. We all need to get behind Alty on Tuesday and if we go down, we go down fighting

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2011, 08:24:44 PM »

We beat FGR and Creepy beat H+Y then we are back in the ball game. Alty would be 3 points from safety and have a game in hand. Anything else isn't worth thinking about
They really should be beating teams like us

andrewflynn

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011, 08:30:53 PM »

No time to dwell lads heads up, still no room for negativity!

taxi Phil

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2011, 09:48:27 PM »

I shall be there on Tuesday giving FGR dog's abuse. We're well overdue a result, and there's no better or more important time to get it !

Narcissist

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2011, 09:59:12 PM »

We need a direct appeal to ALL our supporters,sponsors, benifactors and whoever else to give what they can now to let us bring in three quality players for this ten games to stand any chance at all,a striker,a couple of quality midfielders, because as it stands as much as it pains me,i cannot see which 5 (minimum) games we are going to get 3 points from....

Agree

New players or down.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team