News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 John Murray Funeral

Author Topic: John Murray Funeral  (Read 1103 times)

Midlands Alty

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
John Murray Funeral
« on: September 02, 2009, 05:43:50 PM »

Firstly, many sincere thanks for all the very kind postings on the below thread. Our mum, especially, has been very comforted by all the very kind comments.
Altrincham Football Club was massively important to our dad for so many years, and he would have been so proud to read the many comments.
The funeral will be at 12.30pm on Friday 11th September 2009, at Walton Lea Crematorium in Warrington. All Alty fans who knew dad will be very welcome, both at the service and afterwards for drinks/snacks. We would be sincerely delighted to see any of you that would like to come along.

Knutsford Alty

Re: John Murray Funeral
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 08:42:05 PM »

Although I never had the privilege to speak to John in person, he was Alty fan that became very familiar to me at home and away matches.  I fondly remember John at an away game at the Moss Rose ‘politely’ asking Phil Power (playing for the enemy at the time) to stay on his feet & not look for penalties  :)

Unfortunately I will not be attend the funeral due to work commitments but my thoughts are with you at this difficult time.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 John Murray Funeral