News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ashamed to be an Alty fan

Author Topic: Ashamed to be an Alty fan  (Read 4480 times)

Midlands Alty

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« on: September 20, 2008, 08:40:12 PM »

Having returned to the Midlands after todays game, I feel ashamed after today for the following reasons.
1. The abuse aimed at GH was totally out of order. Whatever side of the fence you stand on whether he shoud resign or not, GH has earned the right not to be abused in that way. I do not condone his reaction at all - he can be his own worst enemy, and his reaction was equally out of order. However, that side of him has been there since he played for Alty, and we cannot suddenly claim surprise at it.
2. Whilst making my way out of the ground, I witnessed 2 Alty fans hurling horrendous abuse at Dennis Birch, presumably because he had voiced his opinion about not abusing GH. We all know Dennis, and the way he is, but he does not deserve to be abused in that way by supposedly fellow Alty fans.
3. When I attempted to point out to the 2 fellow fans above that they should not abuse Dennis in that way, they started to hurl the type of abuse my way which I really could do without my 7 year old son witnessing. One was desperately trying to have a fight with me and, when I pointed out to him that we had the same red & white shirt on, he tried to pick a fight with my 13 year old nephew.
I think a large number of people at the game today need to take a good, long look at themselves, and I do include GH in that for the way he reacted.

matty

Re: Ashamed to be an Alty fan
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 08:48:21 PM »

the fans were great today and heathcote was out of order, he needs to resign. let's hope we can forget whats going on off the pitch and try and get a result on tuesday night.

Alty365

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 08:51:18 PM »

GH has earned the right not to be abused in that way.

I'm sorry, but although there is a line that should not be crossed when voicing displeasure about the manager, it is perfectly ok for paying customers to make their feelings known.

He doesn't operate on a different plane from the rest of us just because he's done good things in the past. It's about what's happening NOW and we need to replace him and move on.

flagger in training

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 10:03:32 PM »

He needs to leave close the door behind him and retire because he's lost it !!! >:(    i've even made a WE WANT RID OF HEATCOTE.!!!  facebook page

Narcissist

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 10:13:08 PM »

Having returned to the Midlands after todays game, I feel ashamed after today for the following reasons.
1. The abuse aimed at GH was totally out of order. Whatever side of the fence you stand on whether he shoud resign or not, GH has earned the right not to be abused in that way. I do not condone his reaction at all - he can be his own worst enemy, and his reaction was equally out of order. However, that side of him has been there since he played for Alty, and we cannot suddenly claim surprise at it.
2. Whilst making my way out of the ground, I witnessed 2 Alty fans hurling horrendous abuse at Dennis Birch, presumably because he had voiced his opinion about not abusing GH. We all know Dennis, and the way he is, but he does not deserve to be abused in that way by supposedly fellow Alty fans.
3. When I attempted to point out to the 2 fellow fans above that they should not abuse Dennis in that way, they started to hurl the type of abuse my way which I really could do without my 7 year old son witnessing. One was desperately trying to have a fight with me and, when I pointed out to him that we had the same red & white shirt on, he tried to pick a fight with my 13 year old nephew.
I think a large number of people at the game today need to take a good, long look at themselves, and I do include GH in that for the way he reacted.

Point 3 is bang out of order. I hope the idiots responsible read this because they deserved to be reminded that they are pr1cks.

flagger in training

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 10:46:36 PM »

here's the link to my we want rid of heathcote page:
http://www.new.facebook.com/pages/Altrincham-United-Kingdom/WE-WANT-RID-OF-HEATHCOTE-alty-fans/31159881967?ref=mf

you must be a facebook member

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 10:48:07 PM »

Frustration is it not?

I witnessed this incident and my daughter who found it unnerving.

We can all voice our opinions but what is the poinyt of threatening fellow supporters? There are not that many of us.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 08:33:10 AM »

Point 2 I was stood near the barrier about to make my way out of the ground when Dennis Birch started to launch a tirade of abuse at me and any one else stood near me to "go and watch f**king united" quite frankly an unbeliavable statement from a man who has been ejected from more games for his behaviour than any one in living history. I understand this man is slightly unbalenced but i refuse to stand there and be spoken to like that when completley unwarrented.

Yes should i have shouted back at him to "sort his teeth out?" no probably not but yesterday was so frustrating i was pissed off.

Then for him to shout back he was going to smash my teeth in down my throat (whilst being mildly amusing as i have a full set that i have brushed since a child) i was never going to let go- so the verbal continued.

I am sorry you were upset by what took place- but remember this Dennis thinks its ok to give sh*t to people for no reason without rammifications and you then came over thinking that i had started it which was not the case.

Point 3 - not nice no one wants Alty fans fighting (please note i at no point did i try to fight with you or any one else for that matter) full stop and i am glad people stepped in to calm the situation down- i think this shows the level of feelings at the game yesterday - a very sad day for Atly all round lets try and move on
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 08:36:33 AM by wayno »
ParkINson's red and white army

Frazer

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2008, 09:23:29 AM »

Whilst I was attempting to leave the ground yesterday Dennis Birch started to 'go mental' in my face spitting, waving his fists at me, so I put my hand on his chest in an attempt to distance myself from the gereatric lunatic.

After I walked away he continued going mad swearing and gesticulating in a very threatening manner AFTER I HAD DONE NOTHING, YES MIDLANDS ALTY NOTHING.

I admit I did then have a go at him but not right in his face or waving my fists.

So for you then to start having a go at me and defending him with the classic  "You can't do that he is an old man who has supported the club for fifty years" bollocks is in my opinion as about as inept as Heathcotes management.

That man has been thrown out of numerous grounds on numerous occasions for racist abuse of players!

END OF

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 03:07:21 PM »

Has Jason Gallagher been informed that Dennis Birch no longer condones the verbal abuse of individuals....?

Oh, the irony!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Frazer

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 04:08:28 PM »

Has Jason Gallagher been informed that Dennis Birch no longer condones the verbal abuse of individuals....?

Oh, the irony!

:-)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team