News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Unlucky tonight

Author Topic: Unlucky tonight  (Read 2864 times)

Alty365

Unlucky tonight
« on: April 08, 2008, 10:35:06 PM »

My source at the game said we played our hearts out and you can't ask for any more. We're still in it and hopefully we can go out and pick up three points on Saturday. Looking at Farsley's run in I don't think they will pick up many more points and Halifax look to be in a sorry state. Weymouth are still rigt in it too so there is definitely hope.

Well done to all who went tonight, the singing sounded brilliant on the radio.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
Re: Unlucky tonight
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 10:49:40 PM »

been unlucky a lot since new year think we need a miracle to stay up now keep on praying

Longman

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 11:09:48 PM »

Just got back, singing was brilliant as usual and we were indeed unlucky not to get something out of the game.

First half Burton started to put real pressure on for the last 15 minutes but we weathered it.

Second half was more or less even with them slightly on top but whether their goal was over the line I have no idea!?

Ecstatic scenes when we scored with about 20 Alty fans on the pitch celebrating with the players!

Just gutted we came away with nothing!   :-[

baldrick

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 11:37:38 PM »

Three games three wins. Anything less and we will have to hope clubs get thrown out again.

markecky

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 11:56:04 PM »

We were unlucky tonight.

Burton were clinical. They didin't make a mistake all night.  Webster and Brayford were immense at centre half.  All of their players seemed to have amazing close control and they would control, spin and shoot i one motion.  They spread it so well.

We did all we could to contain them. but we battled so so hard.  We tried to attack as well, there was no nonsense.

As for the crap in another thread about  us going defensive after we scored, that is not true.  We carried on going forward.

I just pray we can take it to Weymouth.

A win Saturday will be the start.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 12:35:05 AM »

We were unlucky tonight.

Burton were clinical. They didin't make a mistake all night.  Webster and Brayford were immense at centre half.  All of their players seemed to have amazing close control and they would control, spin and shoot i one motion.  They spread it so well.

We did all we could to contain them. but we battled so so hard.  We tried to attack as well, there was no nonsense.

As for the crap in another thread about  us going defensive after we scored, that is not true.  We carried on going forward.

Apart from their goalkeeper's howler that created our equaliser?!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

altyf

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 08:03:07 AM »

We were unlucky tonight.

That is the fairest match report I have heard...spot on. When we equalised, there was even a period when we looked like we could win it. Roca was all over them and for 10 minutes we attacked! Really unfortunate!

DarrenH

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 08:30:27 AM »

Ecky - my comments in the other thread were only based upon the obviously biased commentary on Radio Derby.
My apologies if I am wrong !

Alex

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 09:41:17 AM »

well put ecky there defence was awsome tonight esp the terry butcher wannabe (webster) but i carnt fault the lads or even the managment tonight they gave it everything and were unlucky not to get a point. if we play like that on saturday i think we could get a win (but as we discovered at there place sailsbury are no mugs and are quite capable of scoring goals)

STAY POSITIVE

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2008, 01:32:55 PM »

I thought we looked well organised and pretty robust last night - we were certainly unlucky to lose. I was impressed about how we didn't shut up shop after the equaliser and don't feel we paid the cost as a result (the goal was from a corner after all).  Proud but glum!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Unlucky tonight