Would you watch rugby on telly instead of going to the meet the recruits night

Yes
- 24 (66.7%)
No
- 12 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: October 21, 2007, 01:34:58 PM

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Meet the recruits or rugby on telly  (Read 9375 times)

bighairedmike

Re: Meet the recruits or rugby on telly
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2007, 06:21:19 PM »

Was i or was i not forced to play rugby in p.e/games lessons? Did they ever play football apart from 3 games a year in the inter house competition? Exactly...

Dougals Dad

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2007, 08:20:09 PM »

Rugby depends where you gtrow up really, most people that had a middle class childhood ended up playing Rugby, where as those who didnt, or come form a working class background follow, football,

I'm exceptionally middle class yet believe Rugby to be a load of shite.

I think Penfold is trying to suggest that, if you played rugby as a Lad at school you normally tend to follow it, vice verser with football.
Ill have you know rugby isn't a load of s*it its a more physical game than football, and the player get on with the game instead of roling on the floor like fairys if someone clips there leg. AKA DROGBA  he's a right diving git, bit of a puff really. At least the rugby players have the respect for the Ref, and dont question his judgments. In rugby if you do argue with the ref, you team is sent back 10 yards if you conceed a penelty, you think they should introduce this in football but lets say sent them bk 5 yards or so?

Never mind 5 or 10 yards, if a team argue then the free kick is changed to a penalty, no matter where the foul took place. That would get rid of dissent!

penfold

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2007, 09:21:00 PM »

Was i or was i not forced to play rugby in p.e/games lessons? Did they ever play football apart from 3 games a year in the inter house competition? Exactly...

in yr 10 an 11 it was do which ever you felt like playing
but in the lower school you couldnt beat house rugby it was the shizz, it was just funny, and you liked playing rugby so dont argue against me argue againt that other tosser who was like "o i hate the game i was made to play".

altyf

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2007, 09:51:31 PM »

This arguement's getting ridiculous now, some people like Rugby, some people dont like it, some people like Rugby but prefer Football, some people like Football but prefer Rugby...lets just leave it at that.

crossie

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2007, 11:08:31 PM »

This arguement's getting ridiculous now, some people like Rugby, some people dont like it, some people like Rugby but prefer Football, some people like Football but prefer Rugby...lets just leave it at that.

the best post on this topic so far, we have established the concusion of the argument, which was well battled by both sides and finally someone has ended it well played mate.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2007, 11:15:02 PM »

I think Penfold is trying to suggest that, if you played rugby as a Lad at school you normally tend to follow it, vice verser with football.

Well I was forced to play rugby at a school that did not play football and I have no time for the game at all (not to mention many of the objectionable types who used to play the game).

Exactly, thats the point i was trying to make thank you! An anyone who says rugby is S*ite hasnt lived and they are so missing out on a mint game.

Oh dear god, I haven't lived. What am I to do? Does this mean that I don't really exist?

Horses for courses. It's like trying to compare oranges with lemons.

let me guess you went to st ambrose ?

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2007, 01:48:47 AM »

A further conclusion that can be made from this thread is that those who like rugby have a poor grasp of English.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

altyf

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2007, 09:45:01 AM »

A further conclusion that can be made from this thread is that those who like rugby have a poor grasp of English.

I'm very sorry but I have to totally agree with that...penfold I'm looking at you ;)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2007, 10:09:22 AM »

I think that at this point in the thread it is the law for someone to say.

Rugby is a game for hooligans played by gentlemen.

Football is a game for gentlemen played by hooligans.

::)

And sod it seeing as it's Friday.... Rugby League is a game for hooligans played by hooligans.  :-\

Thank you, I hope I have contributed successfully to this enthralling thread.

Alex

« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2007, 10:10:51 AM »

And sod it seeing as it's Friday.... Rugby League is a game for hooligans played by hooligans.  :-\

i'm no hooligan  >:(

penfold

« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2007, 11:06:01 AM »

[/quote]

let me guess you went to st ambrose ?

[/quote]
[/quote]

Got it in one. Yes im still at Ambrose and yes its a rugby school, but u already knew that.
Just a reference to Moss Lane Man, my english is normally quite good, nevertheless, with all this modern tecnology for example myspace, facebook msn etc one has the tendency to type in text language when using the internet. Hence why a few words are typed incorrectly. I am very sorry for doing this i will double check everything in the future, so  that everyone understands and can read the post correctly.
thank you

PS
Ballers final conclusion made me laff

altyf

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2007, 11:12:23 AM »

Got it in one. Yes im still at Ambrose and yes its a rugby school, but u already knew that.
Just a reference to Moss Lane Man, my english is normally quite good, nevertheless, with all this modern tecnology for example myspace, facebook msn etc one has the tendency to type in text language when using the internet. Hence why a few words are typed incorrectly. I am very sorry for doing this i will double check everything in the future, so  that everyone understands and can read the post correctly.
thank you

PS
Ballers final conclusion made me laff

Well you haven't checked this one very well, take a look at a few of the words I have highlighted in bold!
Only joking mate ;)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 11:15:40 AM by Moss Lane Man »

penfold

« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2007, 11:51:20 AM »

Moss Lane Man
i just love your style, makes me Laugh lol, but i just cant spell technology
that is all

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2007, 03:14:13 PM »

And someone before but i was forced to play and i hated it! How can you be foreced to play, you either play the game if you good at it and want ( the WANT)  to play on the school team or you dont.

Simple really, you don't have to be a part of the school team to play. You can be forced to take part in PE/Games lessons (unless your school was/is one of those that allows you to get out of games with a blousy letter from your mother) and play rugby.

so dont argue against me argue againt that other tosser who was like "o i hate the game i was made to play".

Ooooooh, toys and prams eh? So, now not only do I not have a life, but I'm a tosser too. Make your mind up, either I have no life or I spend all of it pulling my pud.

As I had said previously, it's like arguing over oranges as opposed to lemons. It's personal choice.

I suggest you calm down a bit, this rugby obviously does nothing for your temperament.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Meet the recruits or rugby on telly