News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Campaign to save Salisbury

Author Topic: Campaign to save Salisbury  (Read 3236 times)

baldrick

« on: June 01, 2010, 10:04:51 PM »

This was posted on the Millwall forum, and probably most others.

Hi all!!

I hope you'll forgive me for coming on here asking for support for a non Millwall cause but I hope you are able to help!

You may have heard of the recent plight of Salisbury City - who are being threatened with a double relegation for failing to pay off ALL debts by last weekend despite having paid all debts to creditors bar HMRC as well as continuing to pay players wages.

We have agreed a CVA with HMRC which they are happy with and despite this, The Conference see fit to consider us in breach of its rules!

We have a petition on facebook and would really appriciate your support:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=128570467155691

Thanks for taking the time to read this!!

markecky

Re: Campaign to save Salisbury
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 10:54:18 PM »

Matt Tubbs - £1500 per week on 800 crowds.

Sympathy ended.

JonnyKeen

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 11:46:45 PM »

I hope they don't get relegated, purely so FGR go down!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Win win situation
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 08:05:30 AM »

I'm quite happy to see them go down and FGR stay up if that's how it pans out. That said if they do stay up i'll hardly be firing off an email of complaint!

Jenga

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 08:33:08 AM »

having paid all debts to creditors bar HMRC

I wish I could try to get away without paying my taxes !!!

The door is this way ------------------>

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
ALL creditors.
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 08:58:30 AM »

Despite this the conference see fit to consider us as in breach of their rules.                                                                   Er, that's because you are in breach of the rules, no consideration about it. Shut the door on your way out please.

York Alty

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 03:49:02 PM »

i have always felt that putting football debts above the taxman was illegal.  When we say "taxman" we mean me and you. Good luck to the HMRC in their legal case.

fuertes

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 04:19:41 PM »

They've posted on facebook and another forum I've been on, and are getting pretty short shrift from most.

Quite why they're so indignant at being thrown out for breaching the rules, rules they were well aware of for a long time, is beyond me.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010, 12:08:52 PM »

Tough sh*t..
Salisbury chose to live outside there means and so should  pay the consequence.

Sympathy comes between sh*t and Syphilis in the dictionary   :D

matnvfcmad

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 02:34:01 PM »

Join it because it will be more than likely it will save us 2  ;)

taxi Phil

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 07:38:46 PM »

That's the best reason I can think of NOT to join it.

jamestimperleyrobin

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 07:52:19 PM »

haha someone report it

Narcissist

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 09:36:13 PM »

Sometimes on here we come across as holier than thou on these matters.

And theres bloody good reason to as well! We had (chose) to pay off all of our football creditors, oh and the HRMC, and the non-footballing creditors etc etc. Its just not fair to take local businesses and the taxes paid by your fans and spunk it up the wall later on. When will fans realise that council tax they pay goes towards suporting these cretins in the community and never gets paid back.

Salisbury fans indirectly contributed towards a regime that squanders their cash. That goes for matthesaltminingnothingbettertogreenslimefan too.

Come on, get real, just call the chairman out from the start when they make these promises instead of believing you will be different. Waiting in line for the throne is the cod army 'save our cod fund' etc etc.....

I really am bored of it now but no doubt in a few months i'll jump back on my high horse to shout pointlessly about the next gang of (tw) pratts that pull the same old stunt.

Conference rules are still too generous to these people, it should be prison, thats what the rest of us would get for doing it.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2010, 11:31:59 PM »

We have agreed a CVA with HMRC which they are happy with and despite this, The Conference see fit to consider us in breach of its rules!

HRMC aren't happy with it at all, they're absolutely furious but reluctantly think that in the circumstances it's the best they can do.

The other argunment that seems to get trotted out by clubs in these situations is that it's nothing to do with the new owners - fine, in that case you'll be happy to go back down a league to where you were before you got promoted using money that should've paid the taxman. Wouldn't want to be be accepting any gifts of promotion the former owners gave eh?

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2010, 01:36:39 AM »

Some good points
As someone said earlier it's geting boring every season hearing the fans of cheating clubs bleating about being punished....getting promoted, finishing just outside the play-offs etc by playing better quality players than you can afford, whilst at the same time cheating creditors out of their own money is just that - cheating......if they conned an 80 year old pensioner out her life savings they would be on Crimewatch and get the bad press they thoroughly deserve.

"Yes but the creditors are happy", you bet they are - it's great to only get 20% of what you're owed whilst listening to the idiots on the TV tell us about the magic of the 'cup' and how the plucky NL striker picks turnips for a living on the farm
"it wasn't the current Chairman's fault, he just inherited the problem", buth then saw no reason to tackle the overspending - part-time your'e joking mate
"The rules are unfair"
"It's not the fans fault"

The list of excuses is endless
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 01:55:02 AM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team