PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Very Disappointed
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Very Disappointed  (Read 8073 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Very Disappointed
« on: September 01, 2007, 06:27:17 PM »

I have to say that I was extremely disappointed with the people who shouted Judas at Lewis at the final whistle when he went to applaud the Alty Fans.

Obviously people were het up and equally obviously some folk would decline a move into full time footy and a 400% pay rise but I can't see the justification for calling him a Judas

altyf

Re: Very Disappointed
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 06:54:03 PM »

I dont blame players, young like him who choose full time contracts...he was great for alty and showed passion for the club and I would have loved to keep hold of him, but its his job and he has to consider whats best for him...at the end of the day its £200 a week (if that???) or £1000 a week-cant blame him at all...and I didnt hear anyone shouting judas at the end, nor did I see him clap the alty fans but if I had I too would have been disappointed to see that!

man in the stand

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 06:55:15 PM »

I'd like to think that the majority of Alty fans don't think this way and I hope Lewis realises this.  Good luck to the lad.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 09:27:46 PM »

I have to say that I was extremely disappointed with the people who shouted Judas at Lewis at the final whistle when he went to applaud the Alty Fans.

Obviously people were het up and equally obviously some folk would decline a move into full time footy and a 400% pay rise but I can't see the justification for calling him a Judas

To be frank, i did not see lewis applaud the alty fans at all. Obviously when a decent player leaves and returns with his new club, some fans will give him some stick (as expected really). I dont blame to guy for moving his career on, and im sure he is enjoying full time footy. maybe we are all not the superior human being like yourself.

louise1925

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 10:24:23 PM »

I have to say that, for better or for worse, Lewis was roundly ignored all afternoon.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 09:59:35 AM »

To be frank, i did not see lewis applaud the alty fans at all. Obviously when a decent player leaves and returns with his new club, some fans will give him some stick (as expected really). I dont blame to guy for moving his career on, and im sure he is enjoying full time footy. maybe we are all not the superior human being like yourself.

It was when I was going on to collect the Referee at the end. I clearly saw Lewis heading toward the Golf Road End and heard a number of  "F@%k off Chalmers you Judas Tw@t" comments as did one of the assistant referees who commented to me about it.

I am not and have never been a 'superior human being' nor have I ever claimed to be. I am (I would like to think) however a reasonable person who understood why Lewis left and cannot see how that would leave him open to (in my view) unwarranted abuse.

Don't know what I've ever done to upset you but I think your comment is a bit out of order

Altyant

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 06:37:03 PM »

I was stood on the popular side in the fisrt half, and no one seemed to have an issue with Lewis unti lthe incident with Warren ( when he offered the top of his shirt to the ref who was booking him).

I too can understand why he left. He is young and wants to make a career in football.

markecky

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2007, 07:35:08 PM »

As per usual at this club, one persons voice is taken as the majority of fans. 

It will probably be reported in the Daily Star tomorrow as "a cauldron of hate" like when one person shouted at GH and we nearly closed the club.

People are allowed there own opinions, the language shouldn't have been used but thats up to them.

I agree with what you say Phil, Chalmers just bettered himself.  Still needs to drop the bigtime "moan in the refs ear all game" attitude though. 

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2007, 07:49:02 PM »

Nice to see that Lewis didn't celebrate the goals, first one a quick handshake and then walk back to the centre circle with his head down while the others got giddy with themselves. Second one, just congratulated the scorer.

For me, the reception was one of just letting him get on with it, which was just about right.

Also, we didn't play great yesterday. We didn't force too many saves. We did however play better than we have and we gave it a go, which is all we've asked for really. I think that has convinced us that we played really, really well. I'll save that for when we win.

p.s. Pottsy, keep whipping those balls into the box pal!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2007, 09:27:49 AM »

Shame the 'Officials', what avery strange word to use sometimes to describe them couldn't do their job during the game rather than comment on things that had nothing to do with it, and not be available to answer why its one rule for one and one for another afterwards. 

Nice that they can just 'duck out' and spoil what was the best performance of the season.  Not going to mention all the cock ups that the ref did as it has been mentioned and I am sure he did not do it on purpose but if I was sh*t at my job I would not be doing it. 

Always said got to be a special type of person to be a ref or policeman  ;)

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2007, 10:18:18 AM »

Shame the 'Officials', what avery strange word to use sometimes to describe them couldn't do their job during the game rather than comment on things that had nothing to do with it, and not be available to answer why its one rule for one and one for another afterwards. 

Nice that they can just 'duck out' and spoil what was the best performance of the season.  Not going to mention all the cock ups that the ref did as it has been mentioned and I am sure he did not do it on purpose but if I was sh*t at my job I would not be doing it. 

Always said got to be a special type of person to be a ref or policeman  ;)
The thing is a lot of refs in my opinion are not very good. I think I could do better than these refs. That should not be the case. The other thing is that the refs get paid very little compared to what some of the players they are refing get. Most of the refs are doing their best. They are only human like the players they are refing. Mistakes will happen. Things usually even themselves over a season.
They really should be beating teams like us

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2007, 10:25:57 AM »

As  I said "he did not do it on purpose" ..

I have no doubt that decisions even themselves over a season, this is why  am 100% against video replays being used in football.  What would we all talk about if everything was clear cut ??

I do however worry that the ref on Saturday made 'too many' mistakes and maybe cost us the chance to get something out fo the game. I can deal with 1 or 2 mistakes but he made a lot. 

I did not think Colin Little should have been sent off last week and thought a yellow card and 'calm down' would have done, whereas this ref thought that not even a talking to was the way forward. Its the magical word .. Consistancy.  We should be able to go to the FA with both incidents and say which is correct ?? Obvioulsy one of them as wrong ? and Altrincham have either lost a player for 3 games for no reason or have missed out on the chance to play against 10 men.. Either way wehave lost out ??

Those who can ... Play, those who can't ... officiate and those who are unfit (like me) watch :o)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 10:27:42 AM by gazwarrington »

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2007, 12:11:46 PM »

You continue to overlook the fact that the referee was not the reason that we lost the match but that came about because Alty players failed to take any of the numerous chances that were created.

On Saturday, Peyton looked like he'd been tutored at the Jason Gallagher school of finishing and Joe O'Neill was about as threatening as a Quaker carrying a feather.

By your reasoning, O'Neill should enrol on a refereeing course!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2007, 12:21:43 PM »

Well.. Seeing as Carlos got no protection from the ref and therefore was unable to actually take anyone on as kept getting blocked constantly then I can blame the ref for the fact we didn't get the ball in as much

Add that Whalley got pushed from behind when he was sliding into score at the back post I can blame the ref for the not resulting in the goal

When the ref failed to spot two blatant handballs where one would have resulted in a penalty then again I feel i can blame the ref.

and lets not add someone doing something that Colin Little got sent of for last week and not even a tlking to .....

Sorry if I thought out perfomance was the best of the season and thought we deserved something out of it.
Sorry if  I can not find a reason to MOAN at OUR players. I'll try harder to find a reason.

I entered the ground on Saturday being the most unarsed I have ever been about watching a football match. Plenty of people asked me what was up and I have never been so unbothered about a match in my life and its not because of the players or club but because of the fans and how negative they are. Its really pathetic.. What do people really expect ? .. I have even stayed off the forum through fear of really blowing my top.... 

Thats what I like people getting behind the players we have though .. That'll help .. There are players at the club who I think are not good enough but I will CLAP \ SUPPORT and SING for them as I want them to do well whilst they wear a red and white shirt. can't see how slagging off our players constantly can possibly help ?

ps: Slagging off O'Neil is getting very boring now seeing as he did quite well at the end of season presentations last season ??
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 12:26:07 PM by gazwarrington »

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2007, 12:42:36 PM »

Sorry if I thought out perfomance was the best of the season and thought we deserved something out of it.
Sorry if  I can not find a reason to MOAN at OUR players. I'll try harder to find a reason.

I entered the ground on Saturday being the most unarsed I have ever been about watching a football match. Plenty of people asked me what was up and I have never been so unbothered about a match in my life and its not because of the players or club but because of the fans and how negative they are. Its really pathetic.. What do people really expect ? .. I have even stayed off the forum through fear of really blowing my top.... 

Thats what I like people getting behind the players we have though .. That'll help .. There are players at the club who I think are not good enough but I will CLAP \ SUPPORT and SING for them as I want them to do well whilst they wear a red and white shirt. can't see how slagging off our players constantly can possibly help ?

ps: Slagging off O'Neil is getting very boring now seeing as he did quite well at the end of season presentations last season ??

I agree that it was surely our best performance of the season to date and should have resulted in our first collection of three points.
However, it didn't and the principal reason was that we could not convert our chances....and therein lies our continuing problem.
I'm not sure whether the Board could possibly help GH with some extra funds (fewer gold taps in the proposed new toilet block perhaps?!) to finance the arrival of another forward but I fear that unless we bolster our attacking options, that first win will continue to elude us.
I'm sorry but the worth of O'Neill as a striker simply escapes me...so, we'll have to agree to disagree on that one!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Very Disappointed