News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 GUTTED!!

Author Topic: GUTTED!!  (Read 3388 times)

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
GUTTED!!
« on: April 30, 2011, 10:49:44 PM »

Just got home from downing my sorrow's with copius amounts of Peroni. Much to the amazement of some spectators who believe some of the squad were mercenaries and did'nt care, I can say that after the game, silence and a few tears were shed in the dressing room. The truth is that this squad should have stayed up, and they know it. If you look at today's game, when else would 2 Eastbourne lads strike 2 goals like those in the 1st half, they would have beaten any GK in the world. Other than that, the game would have been ours and we would have managed The Great Escape.The support was amazing, and appreciated by all concerned. Hopefully Ken can be convinced that he is the man to take the club forward. Time will tell. From the Staff and Squad, thanks for your support throughout the season. We can return, BELIEVE!!

AltyFanInNottm

Re: GUTTED!!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 12:05:36 AM »

The merceneries tag is probably a bit harsh from the dozen or so matches I've seen this season.
For most (well, very nearly all) the games I've seen there has been no lack of effort from the lads under Ken. Histon away was probably the most disappointing result, but even at 4-0 down at Cambridge they stuck at it and tried to play some football.
The loss of Young and Senior was a harsh punishment for doing so well last season.
I think Ken has done a good job overall to get the team in contention for survival considering how far behind they were when he took over.
I've had a look at the table and for us it looks like Eastwood, Hinckley, Solihull and Nuneaton are the closest away matches and we'll try and throw in some home matches as well.
The young lads under 9s matches in Nottingham take priority but we'll do our best to support the team next season.

AltyIan

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 03:31:18 AM »

we'll never die we'll never die we'll never die we'll never die we'll keep that red flag flying high cos altrincham will never die

Jezza

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 07:36:27 AM »

Can we please stop using the word believe?...we have believed all season in players who then go and practically hand the three points we deserved over to the opposition with lapses of concentration of unbelievable proportions.

The key word for the season should have been.....CONCENTRATE!!!!!...

I would take an estimated guess that the budget next season would be around the £3,000-£4000 a week mark?...we may well get back up through the play offs as long as one particular non mercenary frees up the significant proportion he is using up without kicking a ball.

But the BSN is full of teams better/equally supported with just as big ambitions...I seriously think top 10 next season would be an achievement.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 12:58:06 PM »

Just got home from downing my sorrow's with copius amounts of Peroni. Much to the amazement of some spectators who believe some of the squad were mercenaries and did'nt care, I can say that after the game, silence and a few tears were shed in the dressing room. The truth is that this squad should have stayed up, and they know it. If you look at today's game, when else would 2 Eastbourne lads strike 2 goals like those in the 1st half, they would have beaten any GK in the world. Other than that, the game would have been ours and we would have managed The Great Escape.The support was amazing, and appreciated by all concerned. Hopefully Ken can be convinced that he is the man to take the club forward. Time will tell. From the Staff and Squad, thanks for your support throughout the season. We can return, BELIEVE!!

But what exactly is it that I'm supposed to believe in?

Father Christmas?

The existence of extra-terrestrial life?

The self-proclaimed apparent ability of R Kelly to fly?

Alas, many of Alty's performances this season have simply reduced me to a state of utter disbelief.

I'm totally with Jezza on this one.

I appreciate that you are trying to create a good spin...but can we please abandon this meaningless American psychobabble?

« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 01:00:35 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 01:33:00 PM »

But what exactly is it that I'm supposed to believe in?

Father Christmas?

The existence of extra-terrestrial life?

The self-proclaimed apparent ability of R Kelly to fly?

Alas, many of Alty's performances this season have simply reduced me to a state of utter disbelief.

I'm totally with Jezza on this one.

I appreciate that you are trying to create a good spin...but can we please abandon this meaningless American psychobabble?

Totally agree. Have a nice day.

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 01:40:37 PM »

See your point about "believe", lets just see the club return to the Prem asap!!

markecky

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 01:41:49 PM »

Full appreciate what you are saying Ian and I do know there were some players gutted by the situation.

However you'll also know yourself that there were some players who weren't gutted as well.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 02:01:48 PM »

Full appreciate what you are saying Ian and I do know there were some players gutted by the situation.

However you'll also know yourself that there were some players who weren't gutted as well.

lets hope the gutted ones stay and the ungutted go

bumble

« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 06:08:00 PM by Jack Jolly »
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 GUTTED!!