News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 WE ARE STAYING UP ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Author Topic: WE ARE STAYING UP ! ! ! ! ! ! !  (Read 2831 times)

Alex

« on: February 11, 2007, 01:31:15 PM »

you know whats worse than losing, it's coming on here and reading posts off people who say "wasn't at the game because of xyz, but in my opinion were rubish and are going to be relegated" or worse those fans who come on here week after week and poke holes in every performance who would rather resign themselves to the conf north than sing that little bit loader on a saturday and get behind the lads, the whole 12th man thing, well thats what we all need to do now is show the team we are behind them and results will follow, yes there will be the odd 4 or 5 nil drubbing along the way but we all need to realise that in terms of this league we are not a team that should win week in and week out and be pushing for promotion because we don't have the finances to do so, but we have the set up to stay in this league and push on to one day be able to push for a place in league 2. so rather than coming on here and saying we're going down let's have some positive thinking and get behind the lads and show them why we are the best fans in this league.

we are staying up, BELEIVE ! ! ! ! ![/b]

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: WE ARE STAYING UP ! ! ! ! ! ! !
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 01:33:07 PM »

all it needs is a decent bit of luck and a win or 2 will come against the lesser teams.in terms of quality, player wise we are probably better off than last season.would like to see a couple of new players in to shake things up especially a defender or 2.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 02:07:46 PM »

To be fair to those that don't/can't attend, I still think they're entitled to their opinion. They're only simply looking at our league position, our current form, lack of goals and drawing logical conclusions. However well we might or might not have played in recent games, the simple fact is that we keep losing.

Oh and I very much doubt there's any Alty fan that thinks we should be winning every week and be near the top - who's said that?

The majority of us will keep going to the games and shouting our support, but at the moment the 12th man theory isn't working. I'd like GH to try and motivate the 11 on the pitch and sort out the shower of a defence before the fans getting the blame for not getting behind the team.

galtyalty

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 04:51:59 PM »

we need heathcote to do his job properly and we might just be in with a chance, he puts pat on all the time and he is rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bighairedmike

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 09:36:13 PM »

what planet are you on??? Pat has the makings of a decent palyer. he just needs more playing time to prove himself. when he comes on he runs and causes a problem. why do you think he is so bad?

Altysmiffy

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 10:47:04 PM »

we need heathcote to do his job properly and we might just be in with a chance, he puts pat on all the time and he is rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which Pat exactly are YOU talking about?

Jenga

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 08:36:23 AM »

Postman Pat I think.

No1 Ball Boy

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 03:43:03 PM »

We need to play pat more ;)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 06:23:19 PM »

Fair points by CB, we have a good core of supporters in the south/London area who like me have supported Alty for many many years (20 in my case) but living 200 miles plus from ML, I can only afford to take in about 4-5 home games per year plus all the away games down here. The staying up case is not based on the facts unfortunately, the team rarely look like taking the 3 points at the vast majority of away matches I have seen over the last season and a half, now our home form which was so strong until the Rushden game is beginning to creak we're in big trouble. While, obviously I would love to be proved wrong, starting this Satd at Crawley, I think the head tells the heart that we will be in Conference North next year.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team